• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

Love us to go after this Pool keeper, give them something to think about at least. He’s got that swagger young players need. Olise at Palace is another.

The pool of refs to choose from is very small, and it's no wonder it is! Just look at the abuse refs get in here, from the stands and all over SO-ME. And it's like that at every level of football. Parents and coaches abuse and harass young refs, kids that are 14-15 years old! No wonder pretty much everyone quit. No one likes getting constantly abused and yelled at.
Football need a radical shake up when it comes to treating refs with respect. As it is, even the toughest and mentally strong young refs seldom find it worth it to continue a career in refereeing.

That's a great post and I wholeheartedly agree. They should start by introducing a simple rule: Only the captain (or vice captain if the goalie is captain) is allowed to talk to the ref. Any other player tries it, it a straight yellow, no questions. No more tiresome arguments and surrounding of the ref would IMO be a good start - it won’t solve every issue of course, but it would set a good example and underline who's in charge on the field.

It wasn't for a foul, it was for offside.

What Van Dijk did wasn't a foul but it was interfering with play. Therefore he was offside.
That's nowhere near how it's been reffed before! We've had plenty against us where players clearly interfering but not receiving the ball, and goal is given. The inconsistency is shocking

VAR is turning the game into my favourite buttplug. These millimetre pantomimes are beyond ridiculous and are taking all the the thrill out of goalscoring.

I've said it before and I will keep saying it. If they cannot decide within 60 seconds, the goal should be allowed to stand.

VAR is turning the game into my favourite buttplug. These millimetre pantomimes are beyond ridiculous and are taking all the the thrill out of goalscoring.

I've said it before and I will keep saying it. If they cannot decide within 60 seconds, the goal should be allowed to stand.
Why did VAR disallow Spurs' goal at the death?

Peter Crouch and Rio Ferdinand go step by step through Harry Kane's 95th-minute goal which was disallowed by VAR to show why it was the goal was chalked off and what they think of it.

https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/vide...why-did-var-disallow-spurs-goal-at-the-death0

Especially considering that the margin of error with the technology they have, is about 75 cm, or about 30 inches for those still living in the middel age.
It's facial that they spend so much time with these close decisions, when the tech is nowhere near accurate enough to make the correct call.

Why did VAR disallow Spurs' goal at the death?

Peter Crouch and Rio Ferdinand go step by step through Harry Kane's 95th-minute goal which was disallowed by VAR to show why it was the goal was chalked off and what they think of it.

https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/vide...why-did-var-disallow-spurs-goal-at-the-death0

I'm still confused by this backwards thing.. Are we saying if you go down the wing and drill in a low cross backwards towards the penalty spot and the ball rebounds off a defender to a striker who is standing in an offside position (from the original cross) then he is still offside, Even though the actual cross went backwards!? If so that's bizarre.

Worse thing that has been brought into football, Hoddle got it right when he said after the game that VAR is making a mockery of the game and he fears that regular MATCH GOERS will stop going because of the mess it makes. From the crew i used to go with home and away there have been 3 who no longer go on a regular basis.

Having the feeling of joy when a goal goes in is being fudged with thanks to VAR. Someone has made money out of this joke and its a VARSE.

Worse thing that has been brought into football, Hoddle got it right when he said after the game that VAR is making a mockery of the game and he fears that regular MATCH GOERS will stop going because of the mess it makes. From the crew i used to go with home and away there have been 3 who no longer go on a regular basis.

Having the feeling of joy when a goal goes in is being fudged with thanks to VAR. Someone has made money out of this joke and its a VARSE.
How do I explain to my 5 year old that the goal he celebrated didn’t happen because some bloke drew line on a computer screen

I can’t trust a process that isn’t accurate
And it’s not accurate
It’s 15 CMs out

fair enough, remember we are irrelevant in this though, they don't care if we trust it or not

personally, I'll take that variance over a single real time view from a human

Back