• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

So, we signed 2 players in the last window and both seem to have slotted in to the first team and look the part - early days but a good sign going in to the summer window?

Absolutely a good sign.

Maybe linked to Conte and his demands/requests also

Yeah. One of the (many) good things about Conte is that he knows very well what he wants and doesn't want. Paratici seems well capable of identifying players that fit the system so far.

If we end up getting £70m - £80m for lo celso and ndombele in the summer, I will celebrate like we won the f.a. cup.

Yes, invest that in a LCB and a CM and the first 11 would be looking pretty decent (still need another RWB, back-up GK, back-up CF mind you....)

The RWB situation will be interesting if Doherty continues to perform. Would Paratici sell Royal just a year after signing him and therefore go with Doherty + new guy next season? For all the talk on here about converting Royal to a RCB, there arent any signs of that as yet and hopefully Romero stays fit so we won't see signs of it til the summer

Yes, invest that in a LCB and a CM and the first 11 would be looking pretty decent (still need another RWB, back-up GK, back-up CF mind you....)

The RWB situation will be interesting if Doherty continues to perform. Would Paratici sell Royal just a year after signing him and therefore go with Doherty + new guy next season? For all the talk on here about converting Royal to a RCB, there arent any signs of that as yet and hopefully Romero stays fit so we won't see signs of it til the summer

Doherty is in his 30s now, 7 years older than Royal. Presumably that weighs into it too, both in terms of resale and physical decline

For me, I’d go…
- GK: Johnstone
- RWB: Livramento (Spence back up)
- CB: Bastoni / De Ligt (would need to be in CL for this one!); if not, Gvardiol
- CM: Barella (CL again); Brozovic / Kessie possibly if not
- CF: Brereton / De Ketelaere

Doherty is in his 30s now, 7 years older than Royal. Presumably that weighs into it too, both in terms of resale and physical decline

If Doherty keeps playing like he is now and we continue with a back 3, then I'm not sure I'd sell him. His re-sale value won't be great either for the reason you mention

If Doherty keeps playing like he is now and we continue with a back 3, then I'm not sure I'd sell him. His re-sale value won't be great either for the reason you mention

Right now, given the choice we sell Royal, i think that's clear

Right now, given the choice we sell Royal, i think that's clear

The only way I can see Conte using Emerson in his preferred formation is at RCB but no way will he start ahead of Romero and we’ve already got Sanchez plus Tanganga as cover.

Emerson is young enough to change his style but don’t look like becoming another Cafu from what I’ve seen thus far.

I see Joe Gomez is being linked to us today. I'm sure we'll aim higher as a 3rd CB to play alongside Dier and Romero, but his mobility would be handy in back 3

Yeah, I was thinking that too, but the same applies for any English player and we do need some HG players
Lloyd Kelly from Bournemouth would be a very good option.

Different position but Fabio Carvallho from Fulham would be another good long term signing.

Spence at Forest (on loan from Boro) we’ve already been heavily linked with.

Back