• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs Chelsea Random Fizzy Drink Cup OMT

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wanted to add I was pleased this game didn’t have ET - it meant we could make subs whilst chasing the game knowing they would be exposed to a limited number of minutes.
And as much as we moaned about the ref in game (standard) I don’t think there was anything like the angst or controversy of having VAR on.

It was actually really nice watching the game without VAR. Once I got use to it not being used it was a much more enjoyable watching experience.
Be careful what you wish for etc... but the current implementation of technology in football completely ruins the game. You only realise this once it’s gone!

It was actually really nice watching the game without VAR. Once I got use to it not being used it was a much more enjoyable watching experience.
Be careful what you wish for etc... but the current implementation of technology in football completely ruins the game. You only realise this once it’s gone!
Completely agree, was a breath of fresh air to be able to celebrate a goal and not having your heart in the mouth everytime the ball went near our box.

Completely agree, was a breath of fresh air to be able to celebrate a goal and not having your heart in the mouth everytime the ball went near our box.

until some bar lamb like Henry pushes the ball with his hand into the net!

Last edited:
Really, really chuffed with this result, but i think more importantly, the grit and wiliness shown by the coach and team in the performance.
Even if they'd lost the shootout i'd have felt the same; actually winning the shootout was a great cherry on top!

Well done Jose!

Yeah there is no doubt that VAR has been an absolute disaster since it was introduced.

It was meant to come in to put right obvious errors which mostly were things like stone wall pens etc but instead it has resulted in the most ridiculous over analysing of offsides, zooming in and drawing lines checking for a toe nail that takes frigging ages, when everyone was more than happy with the unofficial was there daylight interpretation. It has also allowed the most absurd interpretation of the handball law to be introduced. And then when you have instances like stonewall pens which it was mainly introduced for, they dont give them and just back the referee regardless.

Add onto all of this the constant checking of everything to the fullest extent of the law that takes so much time and kills the game.

Overall I would have to say that VAR has been an absolute disaster and unless they revert to the old handball rule and formally edit the offside rule to daylight interpretation and the var start giving stonewall pens, then the whole system must be removed and consigned to hell where it belongs in its current form

Yeah there is no doubt that VAR has been an absolute disaster since it was introduced.

It was meant to come in to put right obvious errors which mostly were things like stone wall pens etc but instead it has resulted in the most ridiculous over analysing of offsides, zooming in and drawing lines checking for a toe nail that takes frigging ages, when everyone was more than happy with the unofficial was there daylight interpretation. It has also allowed the most absurd interpretation of the handball law to be introduced. And then when you have instances like stonewall pens which it was mainly introduced for, they dont give them and just back the referee regardless.

Add onto all of this the constant checking of everything to the fullest extent of the law that takes so much time and kills the game.

Overall I would have to say that VAR has been an absolute disaster and unless they revert to the old handball rule and formally edit the offside rule to daylight interpretation and the var start giving stonewall pens, then the whole system must be removed and consigned to hell where it belongs in its current form

Could not agree more.

Maybe that's what Mourinho was brought in for. That's the kind of game we would have thrown away not so long ago. The first half wasn't that great and we conceded a couple of clear chances in the second but I think the important thing here is that while most of these guys are fringe players (and some of them even on the market for a move), they still gave it a good shot.

I'm willing to bet there weren't too many people to back us up when the teams were announced but we managed to snatch a draw against a superior opponent, at least on paper. Where's Frank 'Mourinho has three games to save his job' Leboeuf now?

Maybe that's what Mourinho was bought in for. That's the kind of game we would have thrown away not so long ago. The first half wasn't that great and we conceded a couple of clear chances in the second but I think the important thing here is that while most of these guys are fringe players (and some of them even on the market for a move), they still gave it a good shot.

I'm willing to bet there weren't too many people to back us up when the teams were announced but we managed to snatch a draw against a superior opponent, at least on paper. Where's Frank 'Mourinho has three games to save his job' Leboeuf now?
I always think we have a decent chance. People have massively under rated our squad historically due to so many be unavailable IMO
But you would have to say their was more like the first team for them and a lack of a striker was always gonna be an issue for us. I have to say they looked like they needed a striker too. Lampard clueless when it comes to his team set up and structure.

Isn't he the player that wanted to be subbed once because the noise of the crowd was too loud for him? If that's true, could be something else also going on...

Hmm, ok maybe it's just as simple as this
It’s a great reason after the event for them isn’t it... cramping up at this stage of the season is a fitness worry for players

Back