• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS swansea OFFICIAL OMT**********

I havent read the thread - just back from the game and whilst im ecstatic with the win, but at the risk of being called a bozo, I am not all that impressed with the tactics or the state of play so to speak. There were positives such as Townsend who was very good, Paulinho I thought was excellent in bombing forward and Soldado worked tirelesly up front. Maybe the whole new team or new pairings etc are playing a part etc.

The lack of creativity is bewildering and that may change with one or two creative players being brought in (which we desperately need) but Soldado was starved of chances and he worked tirelesly in trying to make things happen. I found it strange to start with BOTH Paulinho and Capoue - I think having Sig behind Soldado with Dembele in middle with either of the aforementioned two midfielders would have helped with the creativity. The passing is all very straight very one dimensional and predictable.

Can someone please explain the sustitutes? Why is Dembele being subbed as soon as we score? Its a strange one and whilst its a like for like replacement in terms of position I am unsure why we couldnt take off either Paulinho or Capoue and like the point above why start both at home.

I havent read the thread - just back from the game and whilst im ecstatic with the win, but at the risk of being called a bozo, I am not all that impressed with the tactics or the state of play so to speak. There were positives such as Townsend who was very good, Paulinho I thought was excellent in bombing forward and Soldado worked tirelesly up front. Maybe the whole new team or new pairings etc are playing a part etc.

The lack of creativity is bewildering and that may change with one or two creative players being brought in (which we desperately need) but Soldado was starved of chances and he worked tirelesly in trying to make things happen. I found it strange to start with BOTH Paulinho and Capoue - I think having Sig behind Soldado with Dembele in middle with either of the aforementioned two midfielders would have helped with the creativity. The passing is all very straight very one dimensional and predictable.

Can someone please explain the sustitutes? Why is Dembele being subbed as soon as we score? Its a strange one and whilst its a like for like replacement in terms of position I am unsure why we couldnt take off either Paulinho or Capoue and like the point above why start both at home.

We started Sig in that role against Palace. Don't think it did miracles for our creativity.

Both Paulinho and Capoue are better and more effective passers than you give them credit for imo.

That central trio allowed us to dominate the game up until 1-0.

I think Dembele was subbed because he played 90 minutes against Tblisi on Thursday and we needed some fresh legs in combination with him being the one out of the central trio with the least impact on the game.

Paulinho needs to play further forward.

I would play Sandro and Capoue as the holding players. As much as I rate Dembele, I'd sacrifice him from the 4 central players.

I saw a much improve performance today from similar matches last season. We got in behind the defence a good number of times. Compare this to Southampton at home for example, we were awful then and it was an awful game.

But with a well drilled team like Swansea that came to defend, we aren't ever going to be cutting them apart time after time. It requires patience, and we look like a team with intelligent enough movement to be able to break teams down eventually..

We started Sig in that role against Palace. Don't think it did miracles for our creativity.

Both Paulinho and Capoue are better and more effective passers than you give them credit for imo.

That central trio allowed us to dominate the game up until 1-0.

I think Dembele was subbed because he played 90 minutes against Tblisi on Thursday and we needed some fresh legs in combination with him being the one out of the central trio with the least impact on the game.

The Dembele point, I would have used your reasoning but AVB also made the same sub against Palace.

The trio point, dont mistake me - im not complaining that we didnt dominate because we did and im sure the stats would back that up but thats at the expense of creaitivity which may change once we bring in someone like Lamela.

Regards to Paulinho and Capoue point, they may well be good passers but not creative but simple passers, need someone who would provide that incisive throughball to Soldado or cut open the oppositions attack. I thought we were very slow in passing but im sure that will improve once they adapt.

Im not criticisng, just pointing out concerns that had existed last season and exist this season and im sure AVB has seen that.

The Dembele point, I would have used your reasoning but AVB also made the same sub against Palace.

The trio point, dont mistake me - im not complaining that we didnt dominate because we did and im sure the stats would back that up but thats at the expense of creaitivity which may change once we bring in someone like Lamela.

Regards to Paulinho and Capoue point, they may well be good passers but not creative but simple passers, need someone who would provide that incisive throughball to Soldado or cut open the oppositions attack. I thought we were very slow in passing but im sure that will improve once they adapt.

Im not criticisng, just pointing out concerns that had existed last season and exist this season and im sure AVB has seen that.

It seems to me that both Paulinho and Capoue are significantly better passers than Sandro, Dembele and Parker. I'm talking both being effective passers and creative. So I think some of those concerns have already been helped to some extent at least when compared to last season.

Chances to thread the ball through to the striker will be rare from Capoue's position. I think he has the ability to do that fairly well when the chance presents itself, but we'll just have to wait and see I suppose. His job is less to release that final ball and more to find the right passes to our more attacking players to set them up in good positions where they can provide that final ball (imo).

Paulinho in his box to box role should be getting into positions to play final balls more often than Capoue. Still very early days, I think he will show that he has that in his locker.

It seems to me that both Paulinho and Capoue are significantly better passers than Sandro, Dembele and Parker. I'm talking both being effective passers and creative. So I think some of those concerns have already been helped to some extent at least when compared to last season.

Chances to thread the ball through to the striker will be rare from Capoue's position. I think he has the ability to do that fairly well when the chance presents itself, but we'll just have to wait and see I suppose. His job is less to release that final ball and more to find the right passes to our more attacking players to set them up in good positions where they can provide that final ball (imo).

Paulinho in his box to box role should be getting into positions to play final balls more often than Capoue. Still very early days, I think he will show that he has that in his locker.

I rate Dembele and thought he was solid today but he is a player you notice when he is gone. When he went off was when we started to lose possession. H has to play with Capoue and Paulinho for me (with Sandro ably coming in)

We desperately need a number 10 or maybe havin a better option out wide will work. Chadli was ok but was outshone by Townsend and pool old Bobby Soldier works his **** of with every little supply. If we an crack that then we have a a hell of a team. That isn't Siggy I ok who just doesn't look good enough in any of the roles that he would need to fill

I know we can all point to a lack of goals & creativity but in retrospect people need to understand that AVB is moulding our team and that starts with having a solid spine and defending well. Two clean sheets is very impressive.

In terms of creativity I think we will get better as the players Gel and having Auntie Pauline in our midfield is beautiful. I also have a lot of faith in Holtby as being the no 10 who can unlock the door. I cant remember us ever being this strong.

Really early days so we can get carried away, The city result at Cardiff today shows how hard it is against a newly promoted team in their first home match, so don't underestimate the Palace result either. Despite the Chels antics we are in a really good place and a few intelligent signings could see us looking really healthy.

So content....onwards and upwards.....COYS

I rate Dembele and thought he was solid today but he is a player you notice when he is gone. When he went off was when we started to lose possession. H has to play with Capoue and Paulinho for me (with Sandro ably coming in)

We desperately need a number 10 or maybe havin a better option out wide will work. Chadli was ok but was outshone by Townsend and pool old Bobby Soldier works his **** of with every little supply. If we an crack that then we have a a hell of a team. That isn't Siggy I ok who just doesn't look good enough in any of the roles that he would need to fill

Dembele came off shortly after we had scored. The goal changed the flow of the game a lot more than the substitution imo.

We certainly noticed when Dembele wasn't playing last season. With Capoue and Paulinho coming in I think we'll notice his absence a lot less. Just how much he was missed when not around was a real problem for us last season, and it meant that he was playing as much as he possibly could. There were reports of him playing through injury and to me at least it seemed that his energy levels were lower in the second half of the season and that contributed to him not being as effective and impressive in that part of the season.

Paulinho came off with 20 minutes left in Tblisi, Dembele with around 25 minutes left today. This seems just about perfect to me and I hope we see similar subs in the future when the fixture list is congested and we're playing Thursday-Sunday.

Is it really a lack of creativity? We once again managed over 20 goal attempts (and it's not just shots from distance) and we are getting incredibly solid defensively. To me it seems like many don't find this team visually pleasing enough, but that doesn't mean we don't have any creativity. We aren't going to get gung ho, end to end stuff, we're getting a team that's set up to win matches through hard work. I've found our three matches so far most pleasing to watch. We aren't always going to get a lucky break and score early on, but I have a lot of confidence in our ability to simply tire out the opposition and get the necessary goals in the 2nd half.

I think 4-3-3 as we've seen glimpses of now works just as well without some magician playing in the hole, you don't really need anyone playing that role at all. There was one incident where Chadli made a run in centrally to create space for Rose to go on the outside and put in a cross and similarly one of them can open up space between the FB and the CB by staying wide. Then we have 3 beasts in CM that can all break forward and make late runs into the box. The through balls to Soldado will come as well when the opportunities presents themselves, instead of us trying to force them. We are going to be very hard to defend against because we have so many different ways of attacking and we don't have to depend on one guy conjuring up something.

4.png

Can't say i was watching the game, was keeping up on the live text though and it kept stating the chances we had. There were quite a few.

Sounded far more like it was a lack of finishing.

Can't say i was watching the game, was keeping up on the live text though and it kept stating the chances we had. There were quite a few.

Sounded far more like it was a lack of finishing.

Yeah in fairness I'd say we had 5 good chances in the game, which isn't bad against a good Swansea team.

Paulinho's rocket that was blocked by Williams.
Dembele's right-footer that was tipped over the bar.
Paulinho's volley wide from Chadli's cross.
The penalty (it was a dive but we should have had a different one in the first half).
Paulinho's 1-on-1 at the end.

Still, I'm looking forward to having Holtby back as a more creative option for one of the midfield trio or no.10 roles. And I can't help thinking it would be nice to have an upgrade on Chadli / Siggy / Townsend / Lennon for one of the attacking midfielder places - I mean a real proven quality force...

There isn't a lack of creativity in that game. We should have buried Swansea. Combination of last ditch defending, their keeper, the woodwork and poor finishing prevented Swansea getting a complete tonking.

If you watch the title contenders they win like we do with patient passing until the opening comes. Compared to Redknapp's gung-ho tactics it might seem dull at times but it works

Gotta take into account Swansea didnt come to play. They came to snatch a goal and keep a clean sheet. Same with Palace. Today showed that only 1 upfront with no real no 10 and 3 sitting midfielders we are not going to get far this season,

Gotta take into account Swansea didnt come to play. They came to snatch a goal and keep a clean sheet. Same with Palace. Today showed that only 1 upfront with no real no 10 and 3 sitting midfielders we are not going to get far this season,

Today showed me how we will absolutely dominate a lot of teams this season and pick up lots of points.

?

Paulinho had 7 shots today.

We need at least one more quality player, either Bale or a replacement for Bale. I like both Townsend and Chadli, but at this point neither of them is the quality game changer we need to push on from last season imo. I think that player will come and I think we'll do well in 4-3-3 and that we can go very far.

Today showed me how we will absolutely dominate a lot of teams this season and pick up lots of points.

This game is dead and buried. We won. Swansea play in a not dissimilar way to Arsenal and I am encouraged and confident about the NLD.

Back