• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Stevenage Borough Official OMT ***

After all, its a good day. We are two easy home games away from the semis. Yes we were poor but we were playing a good side with on brick pitch, with wind and absolutely no space to create anything.

We were playing vs professionals today and they wanted it more than us which is normal.

Shows how important it is to have at least Ade or Modric who can keep the ball.

A clean sheet so i wouldnt be far from calling this a professional performance.

Harry got it wrong from the start and should probably have changed it before they got confident.

just got back one of worst away days ever overpriced ticket brick beer half the away end was obviously the vip lot glum looking vegetables who like to clap and yey at 'the footie' couldnt get in a pub after game all in all brick day..bring on next sunday

city were 10 minutes away from going out to a worse team than stevenage last season - notts county. did anyone that when they were parading around wembley with the cup ? didn't think so.

city were 10 minutes away from going out to a worse team than stevenage last season - notts county. did anyone that when they were parading around wembley with the cup ? didn't think so.

Remember when United drew 0-0 with Exeter City (who were in the conference btw). They went on to the final that year, losing only on penalties to some South London team

Never thought Stevenage would force us to a replay. Even with our poor Cup results under Redknapp, thought we would do just enough to beat them. I think it is time Redknapp change his approach to Cup matches. Whatever he is doing now, just doesn't working. The team always turns up shyte in the Cups, especially against shyte teams.

Redknapp has to take large part of the blame for this. He started a team who were too defensive.
As soon as I saw our team lineup, I knew we would struggle. We lacked a creative midfielder to create chances. Don't understand why Redknapp paired Parker and Livemore in midfield. He should have started with Kranjcar instead of Livermore. I think Kranjcar would have created atleast a few chances for the strikers. Really annoyed the way Saha's goal was ruled outside. Don't know why Parker had to go into a offside position despite never scoring any goals.

We were fortunate Stevenage didn't have any decent strikers. They could have made use of the few chances they created. The way the match was going in the second half, I though they will get the all important goal. This is what you get for getting complacent against shyte teams. We always go to sleep against minor teams. We should overcome this bad habit.

Despite this humiliating draw, the positive thing is we are still in the FA Cup. Let's hope we don't feck this up in the replay. With Bolton in the quarter finals, it will be unforgivable if we don't make the semi finals atleast.

We were awful, but in fairness there's some ITK going around saying several of those who played were ill.

More worrying is the way we play when Modric/Niko/VdV are out and we play a disjointed team. Surely our other players are also technically skilled enough to pass it about a bit? We look terribly disorganized once we start hacking and chopping the team - there's no general system instilled throughout the whole squad.

Never thought Stevenage would force us to a replay. Even with our poor Cup results under Redknapp, thought we would do just enough to beat them. I think it is time Redknapp change his approach to Cup matches. Whatever he is doing now, just doesn't working. The team always turns up shyte in the Cups, especially against shyte teams.

Redknapp has to take large part of the blame for this. He started a team who were too defensive.
As soon as I saw our team lineup, I knew we would struggle. We lacked a creative midfielder to create chances. Don't understand why Redknapp paired Parker and Livemore in midfield. He should have started with Kranjcar instead of Livermore. I think Kranjcar would have created atleast a few chances for the strikers. Really annoyed the way Saha's goal was ruled outside. Don't know why Parker had to go into a offside position despite never scoring any goals.

We were fortunate Stevenage didn't have any decent strikers. They could have made use of the few chances they created. The way the match was going in the second half, I though they will get the all important goal. This is what you get for getting complacent against shyte teams. We always go to sleep against minor teams. We should overcome this bad habit.

Despite this humiliating draw, the positive thing is we are still in the FA Cup. Let's hope we don't feck this up in the replay. With Bolton in the quarter finals, it will be unforgivable if we don't make the semi finals atleast.

I concur.

Krancjar should have started (baffling the lack of confidence he gets) and so should probably Lennon.

I don't get the formation either, why not start Kaboul at right back if he HAD to shoehorn in all three of him, Dawson and Nelsen and then put Walker or preferably Lennon in midfield ahead of him and stick to the back 4 ? Rose is more than good enough at LB at that level and our midfield then of Bale - Parker - Krancjar - Lennon would have given much better support to Saha and Defoe (albeit both looked insultingly disinterested), if nothing else by just running to the byline and smacking in crosses.

Baffling selection all round.

For all you moaners, according to Harry:

Adebayor - Twisted his knee on Friday, but hasn't done his ligament and should be okay
Modric - Out with flu all week
BAE - Minor groin surgery last Monday, should be fit for Arsenal
Ledley - Not fit
Niko - Sick all week, only trained on Saturday
VDV and Sandro still injured

For all you moaners, according to Harry:

Adebayor - Twisted his knee on Friday, but hasn't done his ligament and should be okay
Modric - Out with flu all week
BAE - Minor groin surgery last Monday, should be fit for Arsenal
Ledley - Not fit
Niko - Sick all week, only trained on Saturday
VDV and Sandro still injured

VDV would be the biggest loss, he loves playing against them.

Mate reckons it was rigged to maximise gate receipts from the replay.

No, it wasn't 1882 :lol:

Ha ha ha haaaaa!!!

Cheeky fudger! ...did you read my post on TFC websitethen??

I subscribe wholeheartedly to the school of thought that Harry/Spurs were doing Stevenage a favour... of COURSE we were!!

Play some of the big-hitters (Bale/Parker/Defoe/Dawson) to keep the locals happy... grind out a 0-0... no crunching tackles in the replay, ensure safe passage through to the 6th Rd. and everyone's a winner... what's NOT to like??!

If we win, and get no injuries in the replay, I'll be almost 100% sure this was the case!

however if we get dumped out and lose half the team to 'heavy-handed' tactics from Stevenage, then football is as honest as the day is long!!

We were poor, Stevenage deserve their reply. Hope Redknapp worrys more about our game then what Stevenage can do in the reply, because he did not for the first game.

Back