• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS. Saudi Sportswashing Machine*** OMT

I the pre game, Sherwood spoke of two un-committed players in his squad. Didn't name them , but said they were clearly trying to stay out of physical trouble for the world Cup. One would have to be a Belgian defender and the other a Brazilian Mid fielder.

That Belgian defender was beaten to a header by Remy f*cking Cabella today, so I agree that there may be a commitment problem there. However, Sherwood's views hold less weight when one considers his treatment of Sandro, who for all his limitations was never, ever 'uncommitted'.

If it wasn't for his off field antics and behaviour, I would have agreed with you. I felt he was unlucky with our back four always injured or uncommitted (Verts) and unable to bring in a single player of his own choosing. Would have been interesting ... But hey ho that ship has sailed.

You missed Graham and Ramos. :)

I knew I'd miss one or two, Ramos is still a sore one, I just hope we are not adding Poch to that list. I have real fear for a manager who can't put his stamp on a team. You can usually see an immediate effect/change despite the results but then see a gradual improvement. With Poch, all I see is talk so far, its on the pitch that matters and on that I don't see change.

So so frustrating being a Spurs fan. Every season we have money to spend(whether it comes from selling our best players or not) but we never seem to buy the players we actually need. We splash the best part of 55 mil on Soldado and Lamela who to me look average at best. Its because of their price tags and hype. If we had paid 15 mil for each of them we wouldn't be surprised. Teams like Southhampton and dare I say it West Ham seem to have picked up players for a lot less money who so far seem much better than most of our squad have performed this year.
Lets be honest if we had paid 30 mil for Eriksen we would be underwhelmed. Why couldn't we buy someone like Bony when we needed a goalscorer. If we went after him now he would probably cost us 40 mil

So once again our deficiencies are painfully exposed- weak at right back, lack of creativity in midfield and not enough goal scoring chances created plus a striker still woefully short of what we need.

Like it or not until we get walker back we will struggle At the back- he is or was our best rb, dier bless him is doing a Job but he is being played out of position and we are paying the price.

At the moment a trio of Lamela Chadli and Eriksen aren't scoring enough to make up for ADE not scoring. Chadders has scored a few but Lamela in the pl is still not good enough for a starting spot, his decision making is still woefully short of what we need. Eriksen just doesn't get involved enough as part of the 3- when he moved central he looked better.

And when Kane and Soldado came on its no surprise we looked more of a threat going forward.
Basic lessons are not being learned here which is a worry. AVB had the same problem, an obstinacy / lack of flexibility which was to be undoing, and s lack of goals.

One up front does not work for us at home as the others don't score enough to make up.

Struggling to see where the next point is coming from, poch seems to have been well and truly found out.
Common factors between POCH and AVB are:
1. 4-2-3-1
2. Inverted wingers

These are the root causes of the similarities in play and results, although AVBs results were better.

We did need an experienced or a 'winner' as manager. But we chose to go with a yes-man happy to comply with a DoF, that other great Levy innovation.
We will get another 12 years of the same.

That Belgian defender was beaten to a header by Remy f*cking Cabella today, so I agree that there may be a commitment problem there. However, Sherwood's views hold less weight when one considers his treatment of Sandro, who for all his limitations was never, ever 'uncommitted'.

The same sandro that was still sold after Sherwood left? How's he doing for his new team?

The same sandro that was still sold after Sherwood left? How's he doing for his new team?

Just realised that May have come across as bitchy... Sorry just a little ****ed off with pouch at the moment.

Disgusted with Poch today. I said from the start that I did'nt want a young upcoming manager who would basically be an AVB Mark II. What we did'nt need was a young manager who is still learning the game. Sherwood, Poch - are we realy expecting these men with such little experience to suddenly make us top 4 again ? What we needed was a manager with proven long term experience, not just a couple of years.
Is it a coincidence that our most successful manager of recent times was a man with over 30 years experience and who knew the English game inside out ?

FDB by any chance?

Surely that proves its the average players he has at his disposal considering AVB had the same bunch. Like I've said numerous times, Poch will get rid of those who aren't commited and he'd have learnt alot today.
Wish I had the same faith in AVB, sorry I meant Poch.
I don't see any evidence that he is learning anything.
Inverted wingers who repeatedly cut in? Etc

Last edited:
I knew I'd miss one or two, Ramos is still a sore one, I just hope we are not adding Poch to that list. I have real fear for a manager who can't put his stamp on a team. You can usually see an immediate effect/change despite the results but then see a gradual improvement. With Poch, all I see is talk so far, its on the pitch that matters and on that I don't see change.

This, Poch looks very poor so far, very poor.

Sad day. That's twice we've lost at home in the Prem when commemorating Bill Nicholson. Ah well, I still fancy us to beat Brighton :)

All I'm gonna say is that this went exactly as I predicted early in this thread. Still I'm fu*king pis*ed and ashamed on behalf of the players! They should fuc*ing give the fans their money back! What a disgraceful and abysmal 2nd half performance! Embarrassing!

I haven't posted in a looong time. Missed today's game, was lifted reading Ade had put us ahead. But it all came apart after Pardew's masterstroke with his double change.

The sum of the parts aren't doing well enough, they aren't strong enough on their own. But for me ..... if anyone reads my posts, I ALWAYS chime on about defence, defence, defence. We don't have a strong enough back four, and we still don't work hard nor smart enough.

Build from the back FGS. 3 points dropped.

I haven't posted in a looong time. Missed today's game, was lifted reading Ade had put us ahead. But it all came apart after Pardew's masterstroke with his double change.

The sum of the parts aren't doing well enough, they aren't strong enough on their own. But for me ..... if anyone reads my posts, I ALWAYS chime on about defence, defence, defence. We don't have a strong enough back four, and we still don't work hard nor smart enough.

Build from the back FGS. 3 points dropped.

How many more average defenders is Baldini going to be allowed to sign - Fryers, Chiriches, Fazio, Davies , Dier and even Yedlin. Not one of them are an improvement on what we already have. Shame on him.

How many more average defenders is Baldini going to be allowed to sign - Fryers, Chiriches, Fazio, Davies , Dier and even Yedlin. Not one of them are an improvement on what we already have. Shame on him.

Clearly Baldini overruled everyone and signed all these players on his own. Even duped Levy into signing the cheques somehow.

Back