• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Partizan Belgrade EL OMT ***

braineclipse

Willie Hall
UEFA Europa League
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Partizan Belgrade
Thursday, 27th of November. 20:05 - White Hart Lane

image.php
vs.
image.php

Group C standings:
1 Besiktas 8 pts
2 Tottenham 8 pts
3 Asteras Tripolis 4 pts
4 Partizan Belgrade 1 pts

A win, or at least matching Astera's results against Besiktas sees us through to the knockout stages. Might have to win to win the group in the end.

No team news yet ;)

Be very interesting team selection.

Something could be said about playing a lot of the same team that played Sunday for consistency.

Maybe Stambouli for Dembele, time for a Bentaleb run out(if fit)?

Lloris
Chiriches - Fazio - Vertonghen - Davies
Stambouli - Dembele
Lennon - Kane - Lamela
Soldado​

3-0

Be very interesting team selection.

Something could be said about playing a lot of the same team that played Sunday for consistency.

Maybe Stambouli for Dembele, time for a Bentaleb run out(if fit)?

Quite a few of our players were away and played during the international break. Coming back from that into a Sunday game, then Thursday EL followed by a tough and very important Sunday game against Everton seems like a fairly big ask.

At least both the Partizan and Everton games are at home, should make it more manageable. And with a chance to qualify thus leaving the last game less important a fairly strong team seems like a good idea. But I think some rotation is called for thinking about the Everton game.

Naughton is still suspended against Everton so could play. On the other other hand if Chiriches or Dier will play there on Sunday another game in that position might actually just be a good thing. Same could be said about Vertonghen and Fazio who could benefit from further developing a partnership if they will start against Everton.

Perhaps more important to rest players from the front 6. Wouldn't mind seeing Mason (was obviously in some pain after the Livermore challenge), Kane, Eriksen and Lamela rested for example. Perhaps less important with Lamela that had friendlies in England during the international break and didn't play all that much...

What was wrong with Chadli on Sunday?

I haven't seen any details about any of the players that were missing on Sunday apart from those already known to be out (Walker, Bentaleb with injuries and Naughton with his suspension).

Hopefully it's nothing serious with Chadli as he's been very important for us so far this season.

-----------------Vorm-------------------

Chiriches---Fazio--Vertonghen---Davies

-------Stambouli---Dembele------------

-Lennon-------Kane----------Lamela----

---------------Soldado--------------------

Basically what Mumorn said

Soldado also looked to have a knock when he came off on Sunday. Might be fine, might not be risked though. I largely agree with the line-ups posted by Mumorn and Diego though.

Personally I would love to see a youngster get a game. It's at home against the worst team so far in the group...

I do like like the look of those teams ^

Hopefully, Walker will feature at some point ...

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way,
Oh what fun it is to watch Spurs play an ITV4 Cup side I've heard of before......

:-k Needs a little work I think

We will qualify for the knockout stages with a win or if Asteras fail to beat Besiktas.

Fazio is suspended. (Please, no questions about Bassong).

Assuming Walker, Bentaleb, Chadli, Townsend are out injured with Fazio suspended.

Lloris
Naughtan Dier Kaboul Rose
Stambouli Capoue
Lamela Paulinho Lennon
Adebayor​

We've got a couple of tough PL fixtures coming up so a good erection inducing victory is important.

4-1 (Kane 2) (Lamela 2)

No Kaboul and no Ade please.

.........................Vorm....................
Naughton...Dier.....Vert.....Davies
.........Stambouli.......Eriksen........
Lennon............Kane............Rose
.....................Soldado.................

Back