• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OMT ***

Can't believe there is any debate about Wellbeck's dive. Those claiming there was contact should compare it to the Oscar dive against Stains. If the contact is initiated by the attacker then it ain't a pen. Add in a 'sniper' dive and it should have been a yellow.

Any way, fcuk Utd, a team full of diving cheats.

Seeing it all from block 29.

I think that is the best angle. Nothing is covered by bodies. You can see clearly that Vlad sticks out a foot and pulls it back in. Even if there was minimal contact ( which personally i dont think there was ) he then proceeds to lift his left leg and stick out his right to fall and try to win a penalty.

Im starting to really dislike Wellbeck. Him and his stupid haircut. He did the same at the Lane. He pushed it too wide of Lloris to get on the end of it so dragged his left leg to make contact with Lloris who was not even moving at this stage and then went down and got a penalty. What with him, young and Janjuez they have a team full of diving Twunts.

I couldn't find the angle I was talking about so had to capture it myself from the stream I was watching. You can clearly see that it's contact from this angle, but you could always argue that Welbeck falls too easily.

[video=dailymotion;x19473a]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19473a_welbeck-dive_sport[/video]

I don't even get this 'contact = pen' thing that seems to have developed among football discussion.

It's a contact sport. Contact does not = foul. Surely the only consideration that needs to be made is - does Chiriches foul the guy? Does his contact make Welbeck fall like he did? The answer is an undoubted no - it's no where near a pen.

Agree 100% with this. At times it seems the powers above are determined to make football a non-contact sport, and some fans (presumably those who haven't ever played football), seem to be buying into it

‏@kylewalker2: Fantastic to come away from Old Trafford with 3 points again. The lads dug deep today! #COYS

Love it!!!

@1MickyHazard: So pleased with result today, must give us belief that we can beat the big boys even on their ground, great great result COYS

Speaking of Micky Hazard, did anyone get his half time talk against Stoke? He was almost in tears talking about his relationship with the club. Very nice to see, I thought. :)

I'd love to see a replay of the dive that januzaj did in the first half. Balata to and Webb just waved play on....

Quality prospect but his diving will tarnish his rep and stay with him unfortunately

Watching motd and Sterling had a great chance but shoots straight at the keeper before being clattered by defender sliding in. It's an identical incident to the Lloris/Young one yet no one on motd is saying this should've been a pen.

My favourite part of the game:
Kane%20Boot.gif

We can debate all day about the "contact" on Welbeck, but the main point is that it was never ever enough to make him fall the way he did. It was a dive for me and a poor one at that. The one Oscar pulled off today was way more convincing because of the twisting motion he gave it, gets a 6 for me whilst Welbeck gets only a 3.

As for Valencia: Moyes has chucked him in at right back often this season when chasing a goal. It's a risk that has worked out for them on more than one occasion, but today he was found out as his winger didn''t show the awareness that a defender would. Rooney tbh looks fed up, the guy was either shattered or couldn't care less

Not only did they rush Rooney back and lose, he will now miss upcoming games due to injury :lol:

Poor Man Utd.

We can debate all day about the "contact" on Welbeck, but the main point is that it was never ever enough to make him fall the way he did. It was a dive for me and a poor one at that. The one Oscar pulled off today was way more convincing because of the twisting motion he gave it, gets a 6 for me whilst Welbeck gets only a 3.

As for Valencia: Moyes has chucked him in at right back often this season when chasing a goal. It's a risk that has worked out for them on more than one occasion, but today he was found out as his winger didn''t show the awareness that a defender would. Rooney tbh looks fed up, the guy was either shattered or couldn't care less

He was touch and go to play today, so I'm assuming he wasn't nearly fully fit.

Moyes cut quite a sad, pathetic and desperate figure in his post match interview I thought. Quite amusing really.

In my view... 1) There was contact between Chiriches and Wellbeck, but 2) it was still not a penalty. However 3) Lloris on Young was definitely a penalty in my view.

(not that I'm weeping over the injustice or anything... it's not like we've never had terrible decisions go against us at Old Trafford)

Watching motd and Sterling had a great chance but shoots straight at the keeper before being clattered by defender sliding in. It's an identical incident to the Lloris/Young one yet no one on motd is saying this should've been a pen.

Glad you mentioned that. I had exactly the same thought. Corrupt biased MOTD scum :)

Back