• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OMT ***

Re: Did SAF underestimate us?

No he didn't - AVB simply out-witted him

I would like to give credit where due to our own manager instead of justifying our success on the 'failures' of the opposition one

I would like to give credit where due to our own manager instead of justifying our success on the 'failures' of the opposition one
Indeed .. However the lane fixture fergie is gonna be gunning fr revenge . Can we do it again ???????

i think AVB did an excellent job of setting us up and attacking their weakness, but I think Fergie simply didn't have the tools, it was all about the midfield and Dembele and Sandro absolutely murdered them

Evening Standard last night

3 pages on Ryder Cup
2 pages on Bobby Zamora
1 page on Arsenal vs Chelsea
1 page on Rugby

2 small paragraphs on our win tucked in the corner

Astonishing especially for a so called london paper

Look at the match thread on redcafe and you'll see pretty much everyone said their midfield would be overrun before the game started.

They did leave openings for our midfielders to carry the ball in the first half.

P0061.png

Look at the match thread on redcafe and you'll see pretty much everyone said their midfield would be overrun before the game started.

That's probably because their midfield gets overrun by most decent teams these days. They just don't have the legs in midfield to cope against good sides.

That's probably because their midfield gets overrun by most decent teams these days. They just don't have the legs in midfield to cope against good sides.

It seems to be the common opinion among their fans that Giggs and Scholes cannot play together and Giggs should consider retirement. Ferguson obviously thinks otherwise.

No of course he didnt underestimate us. 1 win in the last 23 years suggests he takes this fixture seriously, and yesterday our starting line up was in the top 20% of starting line ups we've put out against them in the PL.

Our performance was not much different to normal, their performance was not much different to normal (we were battered 2nd half as usual). We have good players and were due a win, there were several other opportunities in the last few years but we finally had some luck.

As for AVB being more disciplined in defending, well apart from being carved open very easily on Saturday, we also haven't kept a clean sheet in our 6 league games. I dont see AVB as a defensive manager. As for it being sorely lacking under Harry... out of any PL manager we have had the main difference was our discipline under Harry. We didnt hammer as many teams as say Jol might have, but we probably conceded a lot less and had a better away record (early signs point to AVB going on to be a very good away manager as well).

So just to recap, it was our players that won the match and nothing to do with AVB .AVB is rubbish. And Harry is amazing. Just so I know how clearly you play your agenda out.

It seems to be the common opinion among their fans that Giggs and Scholes cannot play together and Giggs should consider retirement. Ferguson obviously thinks otherwise.

They are probably right Giggs looks past it, I would expect now that Fletcher is fit he will probably be first choice he runs his socks off and looks like exactly what they need atm

So just to recap, it was our players that won the match and nothing to do with AVB .AVB is rubbish. And Harry is amazing. Just so I know how clearly you play your agenda out.

Mate...save yourself...don't go there. Not worth it.

I think AVB deserves a lot of credit in the way he set the team up, but also in the way he got the team psyched up for this one. The way the team started, with energy and no fear was in stark contrast to united who were slow to react. For me a lot of that comes down to the manager and players. We were more up for it than they were until SAF gave them the hairdryer treatment, but should SAF not be sending them out with a rocket up the a@@@ each game?!

My worry, and its a good worry, is that the other top 4 challengers won't underestimate us after that performance. Winning away from home is is great, at OT is amazing. What the team needs to do is play just as well at WHL. SAF will be looking to that game to set the record straight.

I must say, it is slightly worrying that we haven't kept a clean sheet yet. Apart from United and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, we've hardly played world beaters. Hopefully Parker will make a difference when he comes back.

We don't seem to have a problem scoring goals which is very good, even though we haven't created bucket loads of chances, except against Reading. We've just been more clinical this season so far.

Back