• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur VS Liverpool - Official OMT***

That was a prophecy, not a prediction

Indeed, it was knee jerk and OTT and has since become a running joke, attaining cult status, not the same thing at all.

What KD was doing was petty point scoring, after comletely misintepreting a post.

I do not care that I was mistaken at all, not one bit.

There was absolutely no deceit in my post at all, except in KDs mind - which prompted a catty response on his part - some crusade against evil Nayim.

All a total fabrication of course.

I am very happy to admit a mistake, because it shows one (or both) of the following

- This wonderful game is unpredictable
- I was able to learn something

Neither can possibly be negative so why would I have any issue admitting I got something wrong?

Hey, don't involve me in this 8-[

I've got passing patterns to analyse :-"

Well you're involved because you replied to the post.

Anyway that was just 1 case. Theres many cases on this forum where people have been pulled up on making a wrong prediction (thats what fudging happens on football forums). I've never known anyone to complain about it though..well until now anyway.

The point I made is - we were hoofing away at the back being under pressure for most the game. Their long balls to Carroll were attacking passes not defensive blocks. I can recall Parker along stopping at least 5 attacks from our left after BAE was beaten yet again.

The original point was focused around the (outrageous in my view) claim of us matching their possession and being better in midfield. This has been now lost via side arguments so little left to argue

Having just watched the game again from my recording that is not the case. We were not hoofing it away for a majority of the game.... It was really for the last third of the match or so.

The stats show that posession was close to 50-50 (52 - 48 ) so clearly we had a similar amount of posession as hey did? Shots was 9 for Liverpool, against our 7, with 4 and 3 on target respectively. Midfield wise I think we probably matched them.... The differene was that Liverpool's starting position was higher up the pitch than ours so the game was being played largely in our half (by both Liverpool and us). This was clearly a tactical decision, where I'm guessing that Redknapp wanted us to bring them on to us and then use Bale's pace through the centre on the counter. Whether or not these were the right tactics I do not know.... You could say that the tactics were spot on as we rarely looked like losing that game and we had the best chance on the break with Bale clean through one on one late on. Having watched Liverpool's chances again - there were only two real chances where you would've expected them to score. The one where Carroll blazed over the bar and the Saurez header - but even that was from a free kick that should've been the other way round as Adam went in with his arms up chin high and knocked Parker over.

I'll admit that it wasn't partcularly pretty yesterday and I'll admit that Liverpool showed the greater desire to get the win, but I don't think it is outlandish to suggest that we deserved a point - indeed the commentators on Sky both thought that we deserved a point in the end.

Oh and as an aside, your "don't engage on me with this" comments make you look rather childish. You don't have a monopoly on opinions you know.

Well - I've seen some mindless and know-it-all trolling on this board before, but this patronising drivel takes some beating. It's so enlightening that I can't be arsed to comment how deeply it hurts my soul. Ok, I care about 1/10 - the point you gave me saved me from not caring at all.

If you put your opinions out there - either show the rest of us a bit of respect and put out accurate ones - or stand by to take the flak.

I would suggest you watch the game again, because your analysis was littered with mistakes. Either that or you listened on the radio and gave it your best shot.

I'm not trolling, and as for a know all, I have never made that assumption about myself. I know one person that I know more about football though.

I watched the game at a mates on Sky.

That was one of the best and solid away displays I have seen from Spurs in recent years.

Well played to all.
Special mentions to Parker (The Wall=D>), Walker and Krancjar - who though he'd tackle like that on a cold night oop north??=D>=D>

Well played Spurs=D>

finally some sence. Was the Sky broadcast biased in anyway? I watched it without commantary, thought we played excellent. Many of you saw it on Sky and think otherwise...

If you put your opinions out there - either show the rest of us a bit of respect and put out accurate ones - or stand by to take the flak.

I would suggest you watch the game again, because your analysis was littered with mistakes. Either that or you listened on the radio and gave it your best shot.

I'm not trolling, and as for a know all, I have never made that assumption about myself. I know one person that I know more about football though.

You think you know more but you dont, you know fudge all. Wake up.

Last edited:
finally some sence. Was the Sky broadcast biased in anyway? I watched it without commantary, thought we played excellent. Many of you saw it on Sky and think otherwise...

It depends what you mean by excellent... Defensively we pretty much bossed it, but we offered little going forward.

Not sure how much you have to take into consideration the players missing, who might have altered our game plan a lot.

All in all a point at Anfield in addition to the three we got a White Hart Lane against the Cesspool is a pretty decent return.

You think you know more but you dont, you know fudge all. Wake up.

really? Based on what, exactly?

You are the one spouting off and showing your ignorance, denouncing Spurs players as liabilities and useless, players who promptly put in a MOM performance and make you look stupid.
You further compound and magnify your ignorance, by joining a thread praising Dawsons performance, and start criticisng him again. Not only ignorant, but lacking in any humility or contrition. Yep, you have stacks going for you in the human analysis field.

So, rest assured, I'll not be losing any sleep knowing that you believe me to be ignorant about football, and how to recognise people who can play, and ones that can't.

I'm wide awake, eyes open and fully functional, particularly when watching football. You should try it, you never know, you might just pick some of it up.

Last edited:

First of all, you don't own this board, you are not the overseer of "accurate opinions" around here, and you are certainly not the first person who should go calling for respect. Almost all your posts are about ridiculing and putting other members down, except those who are in total agreement with your holy pinpoint-accurate FIFA-approved observations. You may very well know more about football than me, but I sure know one person I'm more respectful than (this obviously isn't necessary true in real life, but if your behaviour here is something to go by, you sure must be joyful to be around).

And I can take flak, more than you can obviously. So to use the analogy again: SubZero - Scott Parker. Mick Cooper - Andy Carroll.

People like you sure know how to drag down an otherwise decent forum.

First of all, you don't own this board, you are not the overseer of "accurate opinions" around here, and you are certainly not the first person who should go calling for respect. Almost all your posts are about ridiculing and putting other members down, except those who are in total agreement with your holy pinpoint-accurate FIFA-approved observations. You may very well know more about football than me, but I sure know one person I'm more respectful than (this obviously isn't necessary true in real life, but if your behaviour here is something to go by, you sure must be joyful to be around).

And I can take flak, more than you can obviously. So to use the analogy again: SubZero - Scott Parker. Mick Cooper - Andy Carroll.

Yep, that idiot is a waste of time. No respect, nothing.

Yep, that idiot is a waste of time. No respect, nothing.

Respect isn't a given
you have to earn it - what have you done to earn respect?

slag off a great servant of the club as a donkey and then not have the decency to say you were wrong

yep, you are both streets ahead of me

sadly, not streets I want to go down

Finney - I made that particular request to a specific poster because it was becoming clear would never agree so it was better to leave it that. Probably better than calling each other names much like others do when they discover someone disagreeing with their opinion or exposing the gaping holes in their argument.

Conviniently you have also ignored the terrirorial stats from yesterday which had us at arond 68 - 32 or their triple amount of crosses or the passing pattern posted in the Ratings thread which factually iilustratess much of our 'possession' game happening in our own half while theirs taking place again - in our own half. No, we didn't match them in midfield. Yes, we fought hard for a point.

Our manager wasn't even there! We had players on the bench that even some Spurs fans wouldn't have heard of. We had 6 players out injured who would have either started or been on the bench. Yeah I was disappointed that we didn't attack them more, but given the cirumstances, a point was a good result. Were still 10 points clear of the scum, 7 clear of Chelsea and 11 clear of the victims. Even Man United don't go all out attack in every game.

I didn't say I had any right to have my opinions admired or feted, if I put out an opinion and its disagreed with, I will support it until I am left with it, or forced to change it.

You put out a synopsis of the match that was a misrepresentation of the way the game went, and you criticised players for doing things that they didn't do.

YOU - not me, you did it, and I for one (I know I'm not alone) are tinkled off with people - who say they are supporters of the team, continually dragging it down, and slagging the players off, as if they didn't reach your lofty standards. I have no qualifications to recognise talent, or be able to analyse what happened in a game, other than 40 years of watching football played at the highest level, during which time I have witnessed the sublime and the ridiculous.

What I don't do is make up erroneous faults or errors about players, and try to pass them off as accurate analysis

Neither do I continually carp about the club, the manager the board or go on fanboy rampages or hate campaigns about the people who pull the shirt on, and go out to entertain me, and represent the club I love.

But you and your dopey brother in arms seem to think that you have the GHod given right to do so, without censure or approbation - well sorry, it doesn't work like that. If you post crap, expect to get some thrown back at you. You are the ones who are reacting poorly - and now you whine that you are getting no respect

Its because you have done nothing, or said nothing to deserve it.

Why not start a board where everyone ONLY bitches and whines, when they are not served Barcelona/Brazil style football every game? Then you and your ilk can wallow around in a sea of self satisfied bile and vitriolic moaning, and leave those of us who love the club and the team to get on with supporting the club - and showing the team and its players respect that they have actually earned - without being sniped at by some no mark turkey who has nothing better to do than pass on bricky comments about players who they are not fit to clean the boots of.

So respect should be earned but we should show it to you even though you haven't earned it?

I think we have a winner ladies and gentlemen.

Not once have I asked anyone to respect anything I have done or said on this board

Don't put words into my mouth, I am quite capable of speaking for myself.

Thankfully for you, I have been told that if I do actually tell people what I think of them, I will be put on permanent post moderation. So I'll keep my opinions on the paucity of value in any of your contributions, to myself.

Not once have I asked anyone to respect anything I have done or said on this board

Don't put words into my mouth, I am quite capable of speaking for myself.

Thankfully for you, I have been told that if I do actually tell people what I think of them, I will be put on permanent post moderation. So I'll keep my opinions on the paucity of value in any of your contributions, to myself.

Oh yes, by quoting something you say i am putting words into your mouth. Fair enough.

Back