• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Scumball Wanderers***

Nice, Pacific coast of Mexico for me - had plans to stay up through the night and watch it but it didn't work out that way

Couldn’t find a bar to show it (wouldn’t be a problem now). Got a Barman in the palazzo that said he could put it on for me as a a guest... but it would have been 2/4 am if IIRC. Me and the missus got hammered and went off gambling ... missies the game as we went to bed
My text feed on my phone was my mate complaining for an hour then pure elation
And back then I couldn’t even get highlights

I very much doubt that is true and doubt it could even actually happen.
How do you explain that Oliver was not told to go and look at it again? His position/view was terrible in relation to what really happened.
Regardless, the public should be able to know what is said. If we did, this kind of rumor would not exist. So now we can only speculate, and no one will ever know what happened. That's a huge issue.

I’m sorry but that is flimflam!....

‘You can’t re-football match’... That is what happens every time a pen is given/overturned on VAR.

If Oliver looks at it again he can decide whether or not it is a pelanty with the benefit of not being 40 yards away without a clear view. He can still stick with his original decision if he wants.
Exactly! And this is further circumstantial evidence that Oliver might have said something like "I saw this and that, it's a pen, you don't need to do anything. I've got this".

There is no other logical or plausible answer as to why it was not reviewed, because EVERYTHING else is reviewed! That incident not being reviewed makes absolutely zero sense!

Exactly! And this is further circumstantial evidence that Oliver might have said something like "I saw this and that, it's a pen, you don't need to do anything. I've got this".

There is no other logical or plausible answer as to why it was not reviewed, because EVERYTHING else is reviewed! That incident not being reviewed makes absolutely zero sense!
I just don’t think that would happen. Oliver wouldn’t have told the VAR official to ‘stay out of this’. More like the VAR official just somehow didn’t decide it was a clear and obvious error. It is gonad*s but a far more likely explanation than the conspiracy theory IMO.

It did look as if Oliver was saying to sanchez to calm down and wait it will be checked, and then it wasn't.
It was a dead ball so it's totally understandable to blow and ask for a check, and that's what I thought he was doing. But it appears not.

We have a habit of conceding at the Emirates just before H/T as well.
On the subject of the pen, all this clear and obvious stuff. Surely after giving the the penalty for what he believed he saw isn't it clear and obvious that he got it wrong?

I just don’t think that would happen. Oliver wouldn’t have told the VAR official to ‘stay out of this’. More like the VAR official just somehow didn’t decide it was a clear and obvious error. It is gonad*s but a far more likely explanation than the conspiracy theory IMO.
Have you read what Gallagher said? They're making it up as they go! He's back pedalling like there's no tomorrow! What he says makes absolutely no sense! It's not how VAR works, never has, never will. So why does he say it? Because he knows what has been said, and he simply can't say that publicly because it would not look good for Oliver.

I really don,t understand VAR. There seems a lot of confusion here exactly how its supposed to work.
Is there only one VAR official that makes the decision if he is asked? That would be absurd as well!
who decides if a decision should go to VAR??? In Tennis the player can appeal if he thinks a ball is in or out.
Surely if its a close call the players should be allowed to have it looked at ...does VAR work differently depending what football ground you play.
It does appear what ever way they are using it..it is not being used in a way to come to a logical decision.
VAR supposed to have been brought in to make decisions more fair by using the monitor. Even so if there is only
one VAR official making the decision ..that can,t be right either?
Why did that penelty decision not go to VAR?
I know there's someone on the forum who can explain it..I think.lol.

I really don,t understand VAR. There seems a lot of confusion here exactly how its supposed to work.
Is there only one VAR official that makes the decision if he is asked? That would be absurd as well!
who decides if a decision should go to VAR??? In Tennis the player can appeal if he thinks a ball is in or out.
Surely if its a close call the players should be allowed to have it looked at ...does VAR work differently depending what football ground you play.
It does appear what ever way they are using it..it is not being used in a way to come to a logical decision.
VAR supposed to have been brought in to make decisions more fair by using the monitor. Even so if there is only
https://www.premierleague.com/news/1293321

I think they make it up depending on what the game is and who is playing

OK i will have a look..so everythings just fine then with VAR..
I was asking specifically how its supposed to work and is it fair?
Fair.. I don’t think we get treated any worse than anyone else personally
It’s meant to only type on clear and obvious errors leading to red cards or goals basically
Hence why offsides are brought up unless they score and pens are reviewed
It’s also used for mistaken identity because we have had refs book the wrong man before

OK i will have a look..so everythings just fine then with VAR..
I was asking specifically how its supposed to work and is it fair?
Im up to the point where only the Ref makes the decision to view VAR. Whats the point of that if its the refs decision?
surely it suposed to be an independent viewing checked on the monitors! isn't that what the video viewing was brought in for in the first place. Then its not being used as an independent monitoring of a given situation and still open to coruption if its the Refs decision. Then we have the so called VAR decision Ref that could also be biased!#/
I give up..

Fair.. I don’t think we get treated any worse than anyone else personally
It’s meant to only type on clear and obvious errors leading to red cards or goals basically
Hence why offsides are brought up unless they score and pens are reviewed
It’s also used for mistaken identity because we have had refs book the wrong man before

Lol its nothing to do with who is being treated fairly is it. Its about coming to the right decision in the game by looking at the
monitor..and thats not happening and when it does it not being used as it should be.

Have you read what Gallagher said? They're making it up as they go! He's back pedalling like there's no tomorrow! What he says makes absolutely no sense! It's not how VAR works, never has, never will. So why does he say it? Because he knows what has been said, and he simply can't say that publicly because it would not look good for Oliver.
Why would Gallagher know what was said?

Ther needs to be a review and change to make it work properly. It works in other sports..only the football League, FA
UEFA whoever could make a complete hash of it.
It could work if it was thought through properly..and get 95% better decisions..
ATM wrong decisions are happening...so were back to square one really.and not using video evidence.
Anyway..nothing is perfect..is it?

Why would Gallagher know what was said?
Because he has previously quoted what has been said and what has been the reasoning from the VAR room. As a former ref he obviously has connections, and might get access to stuff others, outside the referee community, don't get.
But as a former ref, he also doesn't want to say stuff that will put his colleagues in a bad light, and doing such would probably also mean that he'd lose his favours and don't get the inside knowledge anymore, thus the ridiculous explanation around the penalty incident.

The only time we won there i slept through :rolleyes:
I was flying an aircraft back to the U.K. from Canada that day. I found the game on tv in a briefing room and managed to delay take-off long enough to see Bale score our first goal but eventually I had to accept it was time to go. Managed to pick up the final score halfway across the Pond (good old HF radios) several hours later and was delighted at the turnaround. However my Navigator - a Gooner - was very upset. He took off his headset and refused to talk to anyone for the best part of two hours. Glorious!

Why has football got to be so different why doesn't it pick ideas off rugby, if the ref is unusure of a try ,he says to the TMO is there any reason i cant give a try, someone has a look gives the ref a hand and says yes a try no it ain't ,what's so wrong for a ref to get some help, yesterday he could have asked is there any reason i can't give a penalty, and the fifth official said no it wasn't and gives advice to go to the monitor just to confirm. The same in cricket TMO helps out the umpire to get to the RIGHT DECISION.

It seems like football refs have this ego that they need to be right all the time, its all about them........no its all about them its all about in getting the right decision.

I dont know why everyone is going on about VAR. We already know its a broken system in its current form.

Instead we should be discussing the absolutely disgraceful performance the players turned in against an average arsenal side in our biggest derby - after all if they didnt get the penalty there is every chance they would have scored within minutes afterwards given how woeful we were. In fact for all we know we may have instead gone on to lose by a bigger margin. After all 2-1 flattered us massively.

It was a disgraceful performance from minute 1. We looked like the side that had travelled away in europe in midweek. Lucas was probably our best player but his press from the number 10 position from the beginning was pathetic and I feel that set the tone. Ndombele on the whole played like a coward always taking the safe option. PEH was also very poor misplacing paces regularly. Tienery played well but he shouldnt have been getting in that often and no it shouldnt need a sissoko or bergwijn holding the right backs hand to keep him quiet.

I feel a lot of this is on the manager. The players were all round pretty pathetic and he is meant to coach them. The players are on the whole cowards but its on his watch.

If he cant get them performing in the derby for gods sake then get out and get someone else in.

The personnel is largely there imo, yet time and again away from home we are a joke. I fear that even if we dont win a trophy this season that levy will give him one more year to do something worthwhile but it will be a year wasted. The players clearly are not completely on board with Jose, we can see that too often in the performances and doing it in the derby is now enough is enough for me.

Back