• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal OMT

Today's result sums up why I'm never confident when we play the scum. Even when we are the better team as we are now, they still have the firepower to score goals. Both teams are always capable of scoring 3's 4's and 5's and both teams can't defend or just seem to forget how to whenever a NLD rolls around.

oh yea, forgot about those !

was at one of them as well :(

well considering how good we have become it's strange how we have performed so badly today - think the players thought they had it won before the kick off

still i fancy us to beat United next week and Arsenal to lose at Anfield

oh yea, forgot about those !

was at one of them as well :(

well considering how good we have become it's strange how we have performed so badly today - think the players thought they had it won before the kick off

still i fancy us to beat United next week and Arsenal to lose at Anfield

If that happens, or even if we only get a point and Arsenal lose then its not the end of the world

Gooners are the strangest mob in the world. Absolute cretins.

I've got a few goon mates & they were all bricking it prior to kick off. Even at half time when it was 2-2 they were "you will still cain us,our defence won't hold out"

Now they've won,it's like they've won the world cup. Never,ever seen anything like it. Said to them that we were rightly beaten & that we didn't deserve anything today but they seem to forget that they were dropping logs before it kicked off.

Absolute bunch of mugs. Behaving like West Ham fans and,for me,that say's it all.

Not read the whole thread but our lack of width was critical. We lost the midfield battle and had no out ball. Bales jaunts inside are all well and good but he needs to remember he's a winger and not ronaldo yet. Ran himself into anonymity for most of the game. We were far too narrow and played into their hands

Not read the whole thread but our lack of width was critical. We lost the midfield battle and had no out ball. Bales jaunts inside are all well and good but he needs to remember he's a winger and not ronaldo yet. Ran himself into anonymity for most of the game. We were far too narrow and played into their hands

When we dont play Lennon you will find Bale coming inside alot because he will always have two men on him. Lennon playing means the opposition cannot afford to have two men on Bale or Lennon himself. We need Lennon back and we definitely need some reinforcement in the summer which wont affect us if Lennon/Bale are out.

Going two-up today I was in dreamland!!
However it did look like being ones of those games where we were always going to be chasing an extra man in midfield, so whilst we had a two-goal cushion, I always felt a goal was coming. Was more shocked that we let in two in such short succession than the fact that they were winning headers in our box; Rosicsky winning headers! Sagna SCORING a header! Shocking stuff!

I think we looked shapeless and also very VERY lethargic. I guess this is what happens when you have to chase the ball so much and have little (no) outlet to releive pressure.
This shows why there were many who advocated for matching them up in midfield (though I understood why Harry started with a similar side to the one that played Saudi Sportswashing Machine; I especially thought a fair gamble seeing as we went 2-0 up).

Whilst they got little protection, tbf our defence was shocking. Another game you felt where actually King is targettted by the big sides; sad to see.
Hmm...wonder if Gallas had played today how things would have gone...

Back to the drawing board. Strangely I don't feel so dispondent as I would expect. I wonder if this is our Portsmouth semi-final moment for this seaon[-o<

I also feel today shows that the VDV-Ade combination really works at its best if Lennon is also on the wings.
Whilst I was excited to see Sandro and VDV come on ("bloody hell what a bench") I really couldn't see how it was going to work, just like in the Chelsea game

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_mikedeanjump.gif

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_mikedeanjump2.gif

My misses just said to me. "Spurs play great football and will win lots of games, but there is still no-one at the club that does not accept losing and that includes Harry"

Cant believe she said that.

sage. hang on to her.

Don't know what to say about this result. It would have been easier to accept if we had lost 0-5. But to lose after leading 2-0 is really annoying. Never thought this team was capable of collapsing like that. It was like watching those 2-5 and 3-5 loses to ManU all over again. But we are supposed to be title challengers now. Title challengers not supposed to throw away a 2-0 lead and end up getting thrashed. It was a test of character for us and we lost it big time. This match proves we don't have the mentality of champions.

I think the whole team and Redknapp have to take the blame for this debacle. We always get big headed when everyone are expecting us to win. It seems the players thought we could just win by turning up. There were too many players taking this match lightly. Despite taking the 2-0 lead, we were never in the match. Crucially we lost the midfield battle and never recevered from that. Arsenal were creating chances after chances even at 0-2 down.

I think Redknapp should have started with Sandro or Lennon in midfield instead of Kranjcar. Redknapp said before that Kranjcar and Modrid cannot play in the same midfield as they are too similiar. So why start both then ? As a result, our midfield got over run by Arsenal and our defence was under pressure all the time. So, it was hardly surprising they came back to win.

At 2-0, Bale had a golden chance to help make it 3-0 for us. He was dribbling past the Arsenal defence and there was a Spurs player(Kranjcar?) all alone near the goal. Bale should have passed it to him instead of shooting straight at the goalie. I think if we had gone 3-0, we would have gone on to win. It was clear Bale got big headed thinking he can score goals all the time.

With this demoralising loss, surely we cannot win the title now. Even worse for us, we have to face our bogey team ManU next without Parker. It was silly of Parker to get the second yellow so late in the match. Redknapp should have replaced Parker to save him the second yellow. Hopefully We will get some miracle to beat ManU !

Last edited:
Players thought they'd won at 2-0. tossers.

Unfortunately, so did many of the fans... or why else sing; "We want you to stay... Arsehole Paedophile we want you to stay!"???

Careful what you wish for... we NEVER fudging learn do we, NEVER underestimate how cruel the NLD can be, can't quite believe we'd gone SO many games unbeaten against them... but it's not ELEVEN fudging YEARS is it? (or whatever hoodoo they had over us for so fudging long)

I though the tide had turned during the 4-4, and then last season with the 3-2... never would they roll us over again and assume the win... WE were now made of stronger stuff than that. Apparently not, THAT was just a blip!

It's Tuesday and i'm still fudging sick with this performance and result... if we'd have gone 5-0 down and pulled 2 back, at LEAST we'd be feeling slightly more positive...
all we've done now is to put the fear of GHod into the team (and fans) at EVER going 2-0 up again this season, 'cos we all know what we're now (in)capable of!!

Unfortunately, so did many of the fans... or why else sing; "We want you to stay... Arsehole Paedophile we want you to stay!"???

Careful what you wish for... we NEVER fudging learn do we, NEVER underestimate how cruel the NLD can be, can't quite believe we'd gone SO many games unbeaten against them... but it's not ELEVEN fudging YEARS is it? (or whatever hoodoo they had over us for so fudging long)

I though the tide had turned during the 4-4, and then last season with the 3-2... never would they roll us over again and assume the win... WE were now made of stronger stuff than that. Apparently not, THAT was just a blip!

It's Tuesday and i'm still fudging sick with this performance and result... if we'd have gone 5-0 down and pulled 2 back, at LEAST we'd be feeling slightly more positive...
all we've done now is to put the fear of GHod into the team (and fans) at EVER going 2-0 up again this season, 'cos we all know what we're now (in)capable of!![/QUOTE]

Thats it in a nutshell. No matter how well we have played in last few seasons, I still feel the old Tottenham is still there.

What surprised me most was Harry's acceptance of the situation... 'they're strong' (not this season they're not) 'it was one of those days' (not at 2-0 up it wasn't) 'I just wanted to get to half-time at 2-0, I looked at the clock and it was 2-2' ...yeah, we ALL wanted to get to half-time at 2-0, but maybe instead of clock watching and wondering wtf happened, you could've done something to shore up the midfield BEFORE the damage was done, then we may have had some sympathy... we could ALL see it coming, and we're not all on ?ú60K a week to see it... YOU ARE, and you were in a position to fudgeign DO something...

ah, fudge it, I give up, the game was lost the moment Harry decided ArseAnal were better than us, even at 0-2 down they were better than us... he gave it up as lost, the same as the team did.

It's like he forgot what we've done to them recently, how THEY ARE vulnerable too... rather than sinking back into his chair of Harry nostalgia and still thinking they're the team of invincibles! fudge me, if last season was an unlikely win... THIS season should been nailed on! Sadly, i think the team thought they had already won at 2-0, and in an instant, thought they were beaten at 2-2... that's a fudging weird state of mind to be playing football in, I tell ye...

Still, Lampard & Gerrard had a good weekend... no doubt Harry's already working out a system to fit them into the same England midfield as we speak! (he was probably drawing up his plans from the 35th minute of the first half on Sunday... seeing as the game there was 'already won'!)

gonad*Sfudgebrick****tinkleR!

Back