• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Ince

I think it will take a great deal more than £6.5 to sign him, I remember they said "if Zaha is worth £15 Tom is worth at least that"

Whether they are right is another thing but will take 10+ mil I reckon.

Replace Lennon??? So a team competing for the CL replaces an England international with a unproven Championship player

:ross:

Don't think he's as good as Townsend.

I also don't think we need wing cover, as I suspect with us looking at the likes of Villa and Aubameyang, Lennon might end up being our primary wing cover (in as much as we have wingers any more).

I think it will take a great deal more than £6.5 to sign him, I remember they said "if Zaha is worth £15 Tom is worth at least that"

Whether they are right is another thing but will take 10+ mil I reckon.

Zaha is not worth 15mil from what I've seen. He's decent but certainly overpriced IMO.

With Townsend returning do we have a need for a player like Ince? Unless they think he is gonna improve beyond what we have then we should keep our powder dry.

Zaha is not worth 15mil from what I've seen. He's decent but certainly overpriced IMO.

With Townsend returning do we have a need for a player like Ince? Unless they think he is gonna improve beyond what we have then we should keep our powder dry.

Agreed.

I'm not bothered about Tom Ince. Not yet, anyway. He should stay somewhere he will play each week.

Think Zaha is easily worth 15m in todays market. He has ridiculous skill and with those skills being coached at Old Trafford he is only going to get better and in 2-3 years he will be worth double that...

Dont want us to waste money on Ince - as others have said, we dont need him. We need a CF, versatile proven forward and creative midfielder. This summer shouldnt be about buying squad players - we need quality!

After we have strengthened up front and in the centre I would definitely take a look at him. I think we need 1 more player who can play on either wing to compliment Lennon and Townsend.
Ince, Salah, Mertens or Sinclair would be very good additions to the squad in my mind but only after we have managed to do real business in the areas we really need to work on first.

Think Zaha is easily worth 15m in todays market. He has ridiculous skill and with those skills being coached at Old Trafford he is only going to get better and in 2-3 years he will be worth double that...
Really? I haven't seen it yet. I think this is just another example of the premium paid for young promising British talent.

Really? I haven't seen it yet. I think this is just another example of the premium paid for young promising British talent.

I agree with you. Admittedly I havent seen huge amounts of him but to me he seemed quick but when I've seen him, I've thought he wasnt that skillful. More than he's quick and has wirey strength and just keeps running and bundling his was through players. From what I've seen I 've thought that a decent def could easily stop him

After we have strengthened up front and in the centre I would definitely take a look at him. I think we need 1 more player who can play on either wing to compliment Lennon and Townsend.
Ince, Salah, Mertens or Sinclair would be very good additions to the squad in my mind but only after we have managed to do real business in the areas we really need to work on first.

I agree.

Ok, well I can't comment on what you've seen but he is very skillful. I totally agree in general about young British talent being overpriced but this guy is definitely the real deal....

If we're moving to 3 forwards, we don't need any wingers at all really (other than as options from the bench if we want to try something different.

Lennon and Towsend are ample for 4-4-2 style wingers.

Back