• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

I'm certain Toby will buckle up and fight for his place this season. It's not in his interest to sulk and let demotivation set in, whatever his thoughts are about the future.

You very rarely get to where he is in football without a professional attitude and a focused mind, so I have no doubts he will be an important contributor to Spurs this season.

I'm happy with that.

I must say, I’m absolutely loving the withering assessment of Alderweireld from United in this Daniel Taylor articls in the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ho-wishlist-cash-fears?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

It seems that, like Rose, Toby decided that as an individual, he was probably beyond us, and it wasn’t great coaching, a cohesive system or a platform to showcase his skill that meant he stood out, it was mostly him. And he has seriously over estimated his worth, making a move to get out at the wrong time.

Hopefully he grovels a bit to Poch, because if he does he will be an asset to us. And then he can bugger off next summer. Maybe United will pay 25M for a 31 year old. Or maybe they’ll have moved on.

Why appoint Jose if you are not going to do things his way though, it’s worked everywhere else, the shortsightedness here is them giving him the job in the first place, I understand his frustration.

It seems that, like Rose, Toby decided that as an individual, he was probably beyond us, and it wasn’t great coaching, a cohesive system or a platform to showcase his skill that meant he stood out, it was mostly him. And he has seriously over estimated his worth, making a move to get out at the wrong time.

This is a key piont, and not just about Alderweireld. Its been brought up before but is worth reiterating - how many players thrive outside of Poch?

Very few, IMHO. Most seem to take a step or two backwards once not in his team/environment.

I am not always Daniel Taylor's hugest fan, but he has nailed this big-time.

That reads to me as a personal note to Mourinho from the board.

This is a key piont, and not just about Alderweireld. Its been brought up before but is worth reiterating - how many players thrive outside of Poch?

Very few, IMHO. Most seem to take a step or two backwards once not in his team/environment.

That reads to me as a personal note to Mourinho from the board.

I reckon if Spurs played me at CB this season I'd be worth 80m next summer.

An Alder should know better than all, considering how he flopped moving out of a comfortable setup at Ajax into a different one at Athletico.

I thought he sat up very straight, had his hair neatly brushed and set, and looked quite attentive throughout the match when the TV cameras caught the bench area.

Good start to the season.

I absolutely love seeing this, but I also find it quite hilarious if anything that @thfcsteff was saying about his attitude behind the scenes above was true. Because he’s almost being a classic troll, and it’s pretty funny.

Thought I saw it on the green screen shots too - his celebration one was him pointing to the badge. Again, nice to see, but just not something you’d expect from someone that apparently thought he was too good for the club now, or didn’t have the right attitude. If it was anyone normal, you’d think they’d just do a basic one if they thought they may be on the way out. Toby decides to totally ham it up. It’s pretty funny.

I hope he's ready to play and I hope Poch wants to go to 3 at the back again, we will be so strong with Toby--Sanchez--Vert as the back 3. They will have the defence on lockdown.

I hope he's ready to play and I hope Poch wants to go to 3 at the back again, we will be so strong with Toby--Sanchez--Vert as the back 3. They will have the defence on lockdown.

Maybe it’s just his social media managers responding to a brief that he needs to build some bridges after all the speculation this summer. But even then, he’s pointing to the badge in his green screen shot like he’s Kane or Mason or something. I feel like there’s a funny explanation for it.

Well whatever the problem was/is behind the scene lets hope he can buckle down and return to the side, he is a very good player and we can only improve if he does that. Said it elsewhere its not only for our benefit but his as well if he does so.

Back