• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Road To Tirana - European Conference League 2021/22

First League Telemach 2021/2022
Pos. Club T Z N P + - +/- Points
thumb_1141_default_small.png
Copper 5 4 1 0 11 4 7 13
thumb_744_default_small.png
Well done 6 3 3 0 7 2 5 12
thumb_739_default_small.png
Maribor 6 4 0 2 11 9 2 12
thumb_747_default_small.png
Olimpija Ljubljana 6 3 1 2 9 8 1 10
thumb_743_default_small.png
CB24 Tabor Sežana 6 2 1 3 6 6 0 7
thumb_1142_default_small.png
Kalcer Radomlje 5 1 2 2 4 4 0 5
thumb_730_default_small.png
MURA 5 1 2 2 5 8 -3 5
thumb_742_default_small.png
Aluminum 6 0 4 2 1 4 -3 4
thumb_731_default_small.png
Celje 6 1 1 4 5 9 -4 4
thumb_745_default_small.png
Domžale 5 1 1 3 3 8 -5 4

Well done.

Oh ye of short memory.
We're well capable of losing to a load of those Pot 1 and Pot 2 teams e.g. Gent beat us in 2017 at the height of the Cult of Poch with a team of:

..........Lloris
Walker Toby Dier Davies
Winks Wanyama Dembele
Sissoko Kane Dele

...then bringing on subs Eriksen and Son and we still lost!

With that in mind, Pochettino selected a very strong side - with only two changes to the team beaten at Anfield...But Sissoko looked increasingly lost, and the Tottenham head coach was prompted into more tactical tweaks...Nothing worked...Having gone into the match in Belgium as second-favourites to win the Europa League, behind only Manchester United, Pochettino's team now need a good Wembley performance just to stay in the competition.
...So we had a LOT to prove a week later in the return match at Wembley... which we drew 2-2 and went out of the Ropey League

This was the seventh consecutive first leg of a knockout match that Tottenham have failed to win in the Europa League (drawing three, losing four)
Tottenham have never won a European match in Belgium (two draws, three defeats)

Made a rare trip down to London for the second leg, which was on my birthday. Sat there with two old schoolmates, who support Southampton and Liverpool, and watched in horror as we limped out of the competition.

Can’t complain at all with that group. Everywhere within a 2 hour flight?
If any of the away games kick off at the earlier time of 17:45. The players could be back at Stansted by midnight.

I've just been trying to get my head around how the Europa Conference (EC) works, specifically what happens with Europa League (EL) dropouts. Correct me if I'm wrong (and apologies if everyone else knows all this already), but I think this is how it works...

1. GROUP STAGES
CL: 32 teams (8 groups of 4)
EL: 32 teams (8 groups of 4)
EC: 32 teams (8 groups of 4)

2. PRELIMINARY KNOCKOUT ROUND
CL: N/A
EL: 16 teams (8 group runners-up + 8 CL third placed teams)
EC: 16 teams (8 group runners-up + 8 EL third placed teams)

3. REAL KNOCKOUT PHASE (last 16)
CL: 16 teams (8 group winners + 8 runners-up)
EL: 16 teams (8 group winners + 8 from preliminary knockouts)
EC: 16 teams (8 group winners + 8 from preliminary knockouts)

That really puts the onus on winning your EL/EC group, as then you get to go straight into the last 16. Otherwise, you've got to play an extra two-legged knockout tie.

Could get some tricky teams dropping in from the EL -- Rangers, PSV, Leicester/Spartak Moscow, Fenerbahce, Marseille, Celtic, or even West Ham could trip us up. Otherwise, yep, it's us or Roma by a long way.

I've just been trying to get my head around how the Europa Conference (EC) works, specifically what happens with Europa League (EL) dropouts. Correct me if I'm wrong (and apologies if everyone else knows all this already), but I think this is how it works...

1. GROUP STAGES
CL: 32 teams (8 groups of 4)
EL: 32 teams (8 groups of 4)
EC: 32 teams (8 groups of 4)

2. PRELIMINARY KNOCKOUT ROUND
CL: N/A
EL: 16 teams (8 group runners-up + 8 CL third placed teams)
EC: 16 teams (8 group runners-up + 8 EL third placed teams)

3. REAL KNOCKOUT PHASE (last 16)
CL: 16 teams (8 group winners + 8 runners-up)
EL: 16 teams (8 group winners + 8 from preliminary knockouts)
EC: 16 teams (8 group winners + 8 from preliminary knockouts)

That really puts the onus on winning your EL/EC group, as then you get to go straight into the last 16. Otherwise, you've got to play an extra two-legged knockout tie.

Could get some tricky teams dropping in from the EL -- Rangers, PSV, Leicester/Spartak Moscow, Fenerbahce, Marseille, Celtic, or even West Ham could trip us up. Otherwise, yep, it's us or Roma by a long way.
Is it just me or are Euefa just making things so complicated so they can get the teams they want to win these things the ones that win them. Was thinking that when they were making the draw. All that B/S before they started, if this, if that???? They were basically saying we know who's playing who already but we're spouting this sh!te to try and justify it.

Rennes have Doku and Camavinga though so some real quality
It would be typical Spurs to get spanked by Doku and Camavinga and then try to buy them afterwards for inflated prices.
Let's just get in there and rip their team to shreds before we play them!

Is it just me or are Euefa just making things so complicated so they can get the teams they want to win these things the ones that win them. Was thinking that when they were making the draw. All that B/S before they started, if this, if that???? They were basically saying we know who's playing who already but we're spouting this sh!te to try and justify it.
I thought it was ridiculously complicated too, until I worked it all out. Basically, if you finish 3rd in a CL/EL group, you get a second chance in a play-off against a team that finished 2nd in their EL/EC group. Which is fairer than just parachuting straight into the last 32.

The EC is a bit of a rubbish competition for teams from England, Spain, Italy and Germany, but it must be SO EXCITING for teams in the lesser European leagues -- and we've got a lot more of those now than there were in the early 90s when the old basic CL/EL format was introduced. Now they've got a decent chance at some European matches that they might actually win, rather than just getting repeatedly shafted by the bigger boys in the EL group stages. And more teams have a hope of playing at Stadio Olimpico and so on -- the stuff that players' and fans' dreams are made of. Fair play to Paco for loving their tie against us, and kudos to them for posting that video of their mascot taking Chirpy from behind. Disrespectful? gonad*s. I loved it.

I thought it was ridiculously complicated too, until I worked it all out. Basically, if you finish 3rd in a CL/EL group, you get a second chance in a play-off against a team that finished 2nd in their EL/EC group. Which is fairer than just parachuting straight into the last 32.

The EC is a bit of a rubbish competition for teams from England, Spain, Italy and Germany, but it must be SO EXCITING for teams in the lesser European leagues -- and we've got a lot more of those now than there were in the early 90s when the old basic CL/EL format was introduced. Now they've got a decent chance at some European matches that they might actually win, rather than just getting repeatedly shafted by the bigger boys in the EL group stages. And more teams have a hope of playing at Stadio Olimpico and so on -- the stuff that players' and fans' dreams are made of. Fair play to Paco for loving their tie against us, and kudos to them for posting that video of their mascot taking Chirpy from behind. Disrespectful? gonad*s. I loved it.

totally agree, i mean who doesn't dream about taking chirpy from behind?

Mura in our group have already lost a CL qualifier dropped into the EL, played and lost a qualifier in that, and have now dropped into the ECL with us, all before the season has barely begun.:rolleyes:

Back