• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The NFL Thread

Re: The NFL Thread : Fantasy league pg3

The massive ego doesnt help, plus its a bit weird when on one side you're yelling you want to protect the players health and hand out huge fines for hits that werent even penalty worthy a season before while on the other side you won't pay the people protecting the players (the refs) and you get 4th division replacements because you want the season to go ahead as planned (=make money). Doesnt add up.

I understand why players don't like him, but I would have thought the fans and people in the media would be pleased that he's trying to clean up the sport.

I see the NHL could be heading for another lockout, even though the owners were the big winners from the last one. Glad that sort of thing doesn't happen over here.

Anyone watching the red zone channel? Sounds like it should be in the vice den, but its actually an nfl channel where they cut to where the action is actually happening.

Some amazing games going on today. the detroit game - hail mary stuff, the jets game, the saints game. all unbelievable finishes.

Omg what just happened to KC!! Saints win with the most ridiculous fumble...

Edit: maybe not...he was down. Lol lucky. C'mon KC!

Im getting quite annoyed by the officials btw. They wanna make sure they dont make mistakes so they review everything thats reviewable and dont whistle anything down. EVeryone saw that wasnt a fumble, either he was down by contact or the fumble was caused by contact to the ground, still they let it run " just in case"

dont like it.

BTW. Detroit get into OT by a miracle, then blow it on a failed qb sneak instead of kicking the FG.

Saints 0-3... this is gonna be a disaster season for em. So much for Brees being the mastermind behind it all...

Indeed. LOL Miami. so many fudgeups there. Did you watch Hard Knocks? You know you're gonna suck when all the stars of a training camp show are getting cut.
This game right up there with it. Miss your own field goal, call a time-out on a field goal you actually block and then lose. Ow, and now Bush injured as well. Poor fans.

I understand why players don't like him, but I would have thought the fans and people in the media would be pleased that he's trying to clean up the sport.

I see the NHL could be heading for another lockout, even though the owners were the big winners from the last one. Glad that sort of thing doesn't happen over here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/union-asks-nfl-owners-end-172906257--nfl.html

Also, media and fans tend to side with their idols = players. Even though some of those idols turn out to be idiots (probably not some, but most in the NFL) if its your team theyre fining you kinda see it through collored glasses. I agree with what goodell is trying to do, but i think he should do it with more transparancy. The fines seem kinda random, and the Saints bounty scandall backfired on him when suspensions got overturned.

Talking about that scandal, how hypocritical is the NFL. You get replays of massive hits, but when its overly hard on purpose there's outrage.

Indeed. LOL Miami. so many fudgeups there. Did you watch Hard Knocks? You know you're gonna suck when all the stars of a training camp show are getting cut.
This game right up there with it. Miss your own field goal, call a time-out on a field goal you actually block and then lose. Ow, and now Bush injured as well. Poor fans.

Kicker missed two field goals haha. Who do you support? I'm a Bills fan (live in Toronto), so I love seeing Miami lose. SQUISH THE FISH

Well, I'm from the Netherlands, so don't really have a home team. I got into NFL the years after Kurt Warner played for the Amsterdam Admirals. When he left and went to the Rams, dutch TV showed all Rams matches the first season, the season he won it for em.
But I went to a Giants game in 2008 and picked up a Manning shirt, the year Eli won his first super bowl. So yeah, Giants fan, but have a weak spot for quite a few teams.

HAHA Vick. One of the teams i dont have a weak spot for. The Eagles. Horrible Coach. Horrible QB. McCoy is cool though. Hope they crash and burn.

Kicker missed two field goals haha. Who do you support? I'm a Bills fan (live in Toronto), so I love seeing Miami lose. SQUISH THE FISH

I watched that Game, im a Jets fan and i have to say it was one of the most painful games to watch. Both sides showing no spark, or ability to sustain any drives. I was pulling my hair out and was almost willing the Dolphins kicker to kick one through to just end the game and put me out of my misery. But they found a way to screw it up.

Some how the Jets are atop the AFC east at 2-1 but it wont last long, we have been awful on defence this season and its catching up with us.

Squishing the fish was great but we had some terrible officiating yesterday as well. There was one where Fasano lost control of the ball as he was falling and it ended up out of his hands. They still gave it as a reception. Sooner we get the real refs back the better.

Looks also like we have lost Revis for the season, i see my Jets finishing 8-8 or so.

Sorry, OT but...

...Does anyone know where I can get a decently priced old school replica shirt? It seems that my choice in football teams is as bad as my choice in, well, football teams. I'm a 49er and I want an old Montana replica. The only sites I can find are either outrageously expensive or just rubbish. Any of you NFL fans have any good sites for replicas?

Replacement refs have been a joke thus far!

To those of us who slate our refs in football, be careful what you wish for!

The refs have been poor but I felt sorry for them. They are getting so much grief but its not their fault. fudging hate all this lockout flimflam that always happens in North American sports. No NHL before Christmas, NBA last year...it's just absurd.

the ref's have been a disgrace, in the 2 cowboys games i've watched so far i've seen a helmet to helmet on Romo ignored and then a fumble ruled against him, a blindside cut back helmet to helmet on Lee ruled against us as unnecessary roughness and an official throw his hat under the feet of Ogletree causing him to slip in the end zone and possibly costing us a touchdown

they don't know the rules, some players are taking advantage and someone is going to get seriously hurt

Players and coaches are also intimidating them and have no respect for them.

The NFL needs to just man up and pay the real refs already.

Our franchise (Cleveland Browns) is such a joke. Startinng 0-3 for the 5th time in 7 years. I am pretty confident we are the only NFL city talking about 2013 NFL draft in week 3. fudging depressing

Funny how every team has their flaws this year. No standout teams. Until yesterday the 49ers were, but then they lose to the vikes. I like the unpredictability, should be a good season.
There are some very bad teams though. Sorry Clevelandspur.
Also, Sandman, with Revis out for the season you are well and truly fked. Please tell me: whats the use of the Tebow trade?

The ref situation is appalling. Players, coached are taking advantage of it by on the one hand fouling on every play, and on the other hand intimidating the refs. Cant believe the heyward-bey hit didnt even get a flag.

Sorry, OT but...

...Does anyone know where I can get a decently priced old school replica shirt? It seems that my choice in football teams is as bad as my choice in, well, football teams. I'm a 49er and I want an old Montana replica. The only sites I can find are either outrageously expensive or just rubbish. Any of you NFL fans have any good sites for replicas?
Seeing as I have no replies I'm hoping that it's your NFL addled brains not understanding Queens English. Please see the above and replace the word shirt where you see it with jersey. Thanks.

Back