• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The new, new manager thread - Pt 3

Why would they come to us? Well run club, good financial footing (the finance part is always a draw for top managers), now stadium opening up numerous commercial avenues, best training ground in Europe (or there about), very good squad at the right age range.

Simone....

Do you mean Simeone??

Haha. Good one! Why leave a club who have just won their league for the first time in nearly 20 years and have just lost the CL final, by a whisker (despite the final scoreline), are in the CL oh and speaks even less English than Pochettino?
Not realistic. Even if he WAS to come to the PL, they'll be bigger fish who will try to get him.

Any others?

Why would they come to us? Well run club, good financial footing (the finance part is always a draw for top managers), new stadium opening up numerous commercial avenues, best training ground in Europe (or there about), very good squad at the right age range.

Simone....

I get where you are coming from, but I think it is more of a view from that we have as Spurs fans rather than a shared view from the outside footballing world.. I think the items below could also be flipped as a negative right now..

Well run club - Maybe, but not from a managerial perspective, that might put many off. An up and coming manager is more likely to view us as a good opportunity than an established manager would.
Good financial footing - We ain't poor that's for sure, however considering our net spend on players is 0 over the last few years (and we struggle to keep hold of the best ones) it's hardly something in the 'attraction' tick box. In fact if I was a cream of the crop manager I would prefer any one of about 15 CL clubs that could spend more than us, both on fees and wages.
New stadium - I think this is more of a handicap than anything until it is built. The average length of a manager would mean it's highly unlikely the next guy will still be here by the time the new stadium comes around. Also who is to say we will have instant funds galore the minute we step foot in the the stadium? it could be a long while yet before we join those clubs able to pay elite-level wages.

LVG was my first choice, mainly because like you, I also hoped that we could finally get someone considered an elite, established manager that actually seemed willing to take that risk on us, however that fact he chose United proves (to some extent) that we need to make another step up first before we can attract someone of his status. It's a tough ask, because getting into the top 4 and becoming an established CL side is getting harder every year we are in our current stadium and missing out on the best players E.g. Hazard, Oscar, Mata etc. who 99% of the time will pick a CL side paying crazy money over us.

Be it Poch, FDB, Martinez, Rodgers etc.. For better or worse we have to weigh up these sort of candidates and hope one of them could prove a success and take us to that next level.

The real top drawer managers are sadly out of our league so not very likely :(

We need to concentrate on the top of the next tier of up and coming managers or the hit and hopes which is what we are going for now with patch.

New stadium - I think this is more of a handicap than anything until it is built. The average length of a manager would mean it's highly unlikely the next guy will still be here by the time the new stadium comes around. Also who is to say we will have instant funds galore the minute we step foot in the the stadium? it could be a long while yet before we join those clubs able to pay elite-level wages.

I have known a fair few people (both Spurs and opposition fans) who have the view that the new stadium will hamper our spending. It will have the exact opposite effect. The new stadium is likely to increase our revenue by approx £30M to £50M per season, with interest/repayment costs being far lower than that (otherwise what is the point in building it in the first place?) Our new stadium would enable us to grow our wage bill alone by at least £20M per season. Or put another way that is 4 £100,000 a week players.

I have known a fair few people (both Spurs and opposition fans) who have the view that the new stadium will hamper our spending. It will have the exact opposite effect. The new stadium is likely to increase our revenue by approx £30M to £50M per season, with interest/repayment costs being far lower than that (otherwise what is the point in building it in the first place?) Our new stadium would enable us to grow our wage bill alone by at least £20M per season. Or put another way that is 4 £100,000 a week players.

Don't get me wrong, I agree 100%. The new stadium is what can increase revenue and move us up a level revenue wise.. It's a must and will be a huge thing for us.

My point was at this moment in time we dont have a new stadium.. we dont even have an official start date, and even if it is built for 4 seasons time this new manager will more than likely not be here so it can't be considered a factor in him wanting to come. My other point was although the stadium will make us a lot more income every home game, we have no idea how long it will take us to pay it off. I mean have we already set aside most of the money OR will we continue to be paying off loans years after we move in.

Said it before but there seems to be no discussion of how Poch can/will adapt his system to the players and resources available. Just because he played one way before doesn't mean he will. In fact for me that's a limitation of a coach if they just have one system that's all they use. He should see we have different players and hold a system to get the best out of them.

Just throwing it out there:

Do you think Poch is favoured because we have a £26m wonder kid we need to get playing well and increase the value of and to bring in a fellow Argie may help that?

Im not saying this is the sole reason but do you think it would be a factor for DL

Just throwing it out there:

Do you think Poch is favoured because we have a £26m wonder kid we need to get playing well and increase the value of and to bring in a fellow Argie may help that?

Im not saying this is the sole reason but do you think it would be a factor for DL

I don't. It would be a ludicrous reason for appointing a manager and I really doubt that the nationality of his manager has much bearing on Pamela's performances.

URL guessing:

tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/tottenham-hotspur-appoints-mauricio-pochettino-as-new-head-coach-27052014.page?

Levy hasnt got a clue. Is Pochetino the big manager we have expected for the last ten years?

He is bringing him in so the guy can get some of the money back on the 100m we ****ed up last season.

As for Pochetino, dont really like the manager, and I dont like the man.

Will be sacked before Christmas.

I don't. It would be a ludicrous reason for appointing a manager and I really doubt that the nationality of his manager has much bearing on Pamela's performances.

Benitez/Torres would be a good example to disagree with this statement. And I assume LVG/RVP will prove this theory a little in 12 months.

Just throwing out there but my guess Levy knows he can not write off Lamela and Poch speaking the language, helping younger players and playing a system to suit him would be a factor!

That's of course if it is Poch job

Benitez/Torres would be a good example to disagree with this statement. And I assume LVG/RVP will prove this theory a little in 12 months.

Just throwing out there but my guess Levy knows he can not write off Lamela and Poch speaking the language, helping younger players and playing a system to suit him would be a factor!

That is assuming that the reason Torres was initially successful at Liverpool was because he was playing for a manager of the same nationality. I do not think that is the case.

Alright Craig, another decent season for your boys I see. Home form looked really good. Title push next season?

Levy hasnt got a clue. Is Pochetino the big manager we have expected for the last ten years?

He is bringing him in so the guy can get some of the money back on the 100m we ****ed up last season.

As for Pochetino, dont really like the manager, and I dont like the man.

Will be sacked before Christmas.

Who did you want charlie?

Alright Craig, another decent season for your boys I see. Home form looked really good. Title push next season?

Hello Mart!

Yes decent season, if we had a striker and a keeper for first 6 games we would have won it!

No title push for me mate, stepped down! Joined the North Wales spurs supporters club and im having a season watching spurs as much as my bank balance (and patience) will allow!

Hope you and the wife are well mate

how many back room staff folks are talking about replacing? i assume freund is still around and we now have to also find a U21 coach.

poch did punch above his weight last season, but what about soton's youth academy staff - they're the ones responsible for quite a number of success stories and a real track record.

Back