• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Defence

If they get past our attackers hounding them, they then get to meet Big Vic and The Moose...most get no further.

If they somehow get past The Beasts, they get to meet The Four -- 9 time out of ten, they will get no further.

By some miracle, if they have got past The Four, they get to meet our designer goalkeeper, Hugo Le Boss. It is almost impossible to beat Hugo, but occasionally he lets one in to make more of a game of it.

Man Utd let in as many goals in one game in the league as we have all season. As have Arsenal previously.

Our defensive squad depth is a mess.

Trippier simply can't defend. He's a great crosser of the ball but you wouldnt play David Bentley at right back.

We now have a situation were Wimmer isn't trusted to play in his best position(left sided centre half) unless Alderweireld can play alongside him.

Dier is completely unreliable at centre half yet somehow he's second choice at right sided centre half.

Carter Vickers is a kid.

He have 5 reliable defenders in our squad at this stage Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose and Davies.

Of the 5 Alderweireld is the only one who can organise the defence on the fly on the pitch.

Trippier has looked fine defensively in most of his appearances imo, he just had a bad game v Monaco

Harsh to say Wimmer isn't trusted at CB when it was the partnership with Dier which was the issue rather than his own ability in that position, on another day with different options available then he'd have played CB but Pochettinos hands were somewhat tied

Trippier has looked fine defensively in most of his appearances imo, he just had a bad game v Monaco

Harsh to say Wimmer isn't trusted at CB when it was the partnership with Dier which was the issue rather than his own ability in that position, on another day with different options available then he'd have played CB but Pochettinos hands were somewhat tied

All these players are good players!

But that does not make them good 'squad' players.

Dier is a good squad man, especially for his age.

Wimmer, Trippier an Davies and the like are good players but need regular first team football to keep them at 'a game level'.

Our subs are not experienced enough to just switch it on when required.

Agreed

There all good players but when you lose both first pick it's natural for the debece to not be as good ... Does anyone really enjoy expect anything else!!!

Also Trippier is decent cover and a great attacking full back because of his crossing. It suits certain games but Monaco was a strange one to play him in IMO

Basic lack of experience.

Chelsea bought on Willian, Oscar, and Ivanovic.

We can dream..........

They have piles more cash than us and are CL regulars.

Our bench, assuming everyone fit would be something like:

Vorm, Davies, Trippier, Wanyama, Sissoko, Son, Janssen

ok, it could be stronger and isn't a strong as Chelsea's, but its a step up from last season and hopefully next season will be stronger still.

Basic lack of experience.

Chelsea bought on Willian, Oscar, and Ivanovic.

We can dream..........

They have one player out of their whole squad injured or unavailable in the racist

We have plenty out and it shows

As I said in a other thread our bench would look much bettering when we have players fit

Our defensive squad depth is a mess.

He have 5 reliable defenders in our squad at this stage Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose and Davies.

Of the 5 Alderweireld is the only one who can organise the defence on the fly on the pitch.

If only we had 4/5 more equally good defenders to add to that list. Then we can keep them happy as we ask 5 of them to sit it out every week.

I dare say that Walker, Rose and Davies were all on your 'not good enough' list once upon a time?

Davies hasn't been great this season, and Verts has looked on-and-off when Toby isn't around.

They have piles more cash than us and are CL regulars.

Our bench, assuming everyone fit would be something like:

Vorm, Davies, Trippier, Wanyama, Sissoko, Son, Janssen

ok, it could be stronger and isn't a strong as Chelsea's, but its a step up from last season and hopefully next season will be stronger still.

You jest, on this season's form so far no way is Wanyama starting on the bench

Anyone trying to compere our bench with Chelski is having a laugh, they have a lot more money then us and can afford to have 43 players out on loan.

Anyone trying to compere our bench with Chelski is having a laugh, they have a lot more money then us and can afford to have 43 players out on loan.

I'd compare our bench with there's when we have a fit squad

Our back up keeper is as good

Our full back cover is no worse and arguably we're better off as they would have to change formation

We have equivalent cover at centre backs too as they only have 3 actual centre backs

Is Jansenn any worse as a striker than Batshuiyi??? Not om their previous club records or international level either although I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong

Then it comes down to midfield where they have their first pick of Kante and Matic backed up by a kid with a few games and a massively out of favour Fibreglass who can be class and can be flaky. To compare I guess it depends on who starts for us but we saw yesterday that Dembele and Wanyama bossed their first pick for most of the game and with Dier we have another who is more than able. Winks is our kid to compare with there's so I'd argue we're comparable again

In the players behind the striker they have more proven talent ... can't argue with that as they have all won the league Other than Pedro who won everything at Barca. But their players in those positions cost an absolute fortune (avg cost if about £25m) and get paid it too. We can't pay our subs £100k a week plus

So yeah I'd compare when's we're both playIng with fit sides

Strange to focus on the defence as our problem at this point.

Creating chances and scoring goals seems a much more pressing issue. Unfortunately that problem (imo) starts with our deep midfielders and they are important for our solid defence. We're clearly short a deep playmaker for me.

Strange to focus on the defence as our problem at this point.

Creating chances and scoring goals seems a much more pressing issue. Unfortunately that problem (imo) starts with our deep midfielders and they are important for our solid defence. We're clearly short a deep playmaker for me.

I agree, but Toby is a massive loss in this regard too.

Back