• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Ndombele will never be as good as as Dembele defensively. He’s much better offensively though.

The way they both play there's always going to risks to their game defensively but the key is for Tanguy to be alongside two CMs who will put a shift in.

Dembele got a very easy ride defensively and cost us a bunch of times*, the superhuman strength doesn't matter one iota if you're bypassed in midfield.

N'Dombele is starting to string some good performances together though. Not perfect in everything he attempted and a couple of times did put us at risk but he's growing in stature every game and I firmly believe without one of him or GLC in the midfield, the team would suffer massively.

Ndombele will never be as good as as Dembele defensively. He’s much better offensively though.
To be fair to Moussa, he was scoring wonder goals like this back when he was 23 years old... hopefully Ndombele can avoid quite so many chronic injuries whilst also learning to be a bit more sound defensively.

He did a decent defensive shift but he plays differently to Dembele
Just glad he is playing for us as he would be horrible to play against
Horrible to play against. Probably at times frustrating to play with, but most of the time he must be an absolute joy to play with when playing like he is now.

He will outgrow the Dembele comparisons soon enough I think. But who should he be compared to?

Horrible to play against. Probably at times frustrating to play with, but most of the time he must be an absolute joy to play with when playing like he is now.

He will outgrow the Dembele comparisons soon enough I think. But who should he be compared to?
No idea
His dribbling skill is very Dembele hence why I said about buying him 2 years ago
His passing though and two footedness is more like David Silva maybe

No idea
His dribbling skill is very Dembele hence why I said about buying him 2 years ago
His passing though and two footedness is more like David Silva maybe
I don't think I'll ever see a footballer as skilled with the ball at his feet as Dembele again. Shame that when he finally learned how and when to release the ball, he was at the twilight of his prime. Luckily it was for us. Too many times he took one dribble too much, quite like Lamela has a tendency to do. N'Dombele strikes me as a very different type though, he looks more about dribble for distribution rather than for moving/carrying the ball.

I can't think of someone in the sport of football that he is comparable to, but strangely enough the first athlete that came to mind with similarly insane skills was Barry Sanders, an american football player. The change of direction, the escaping from tight situations, and the burst out of them is all reminiscent of Sanders at his best.

Let’s not get carried away just yet, if he has half the career Dembele had here then he’ll be worthy of his 200k weekly salary!

I rate him highly by the way, just don’t get why praising him has to go hand in hand with a dig at Dembele?

but then I never got the Defoe v Keane, Walker v Trippier, Davies v Rose arguments either.

Happy that he’s not being sold. That was one of my bigger concerns this window. Ndombele has it all and has always been finding the key to unlock that. He’s improving with every match, gaining match conditioning and fitness. Can’t wait to see him in full flow, and repeating many a thought...alongside Lo Celso and Hoijberg. What a midfield.

I actually thought that yesterday was he worst game this season. Seemed off the pace a bit but good that he got another 70 mins under his belt and that Jose is trusting and believing in him

The stronger (more organised) we can get defensively the better for Ndombele. It won't excuse him from helping out but it will ease the worry, for him and us, if he takes a couple of minutes off now and then.

And if it can help put a larger percentage of his focus on attacking (linking, passing, smoking people) then all good.

Let’s not get carried away just yet, if he has half the career Dembele had here then he’ll be worthy of his 200k weekly salary!

I rate him highly by the way, just don’t get why praising him has to go hand in hand with a dig at Dembele?

but then I never got the Defoe v Keane, Walker v Trippier, Davies v Rose arguments either.
Because of the similarities in name and style of play he gets compared to Dembele all the time. For what he does well, for what he doesn't do well. I thought it was OK to continue that comparison with my views on Ndombele. If that's enough to be seen as an unacceptable dig at Dembele then fair enough.

I actually think some comparison to Modric can be made. Real creativity, purposeful passing, ability to get away from players with ease, close control. Of course that comparison isn't perfect either, there are differences. But Ndombele does have the quality to reach a similar (one of the best in the world in that role) level.

Because of the similarities in name and style of play he gets compared to Dembele all the time. For what he does well, for what he doesn't do well. I thought it was OK to continue that comparison with my views on Ndombele. If that's enough to be seen as an unacceptable dig at Dembele then fair enough.

I actually think some comparison to Modric can be made. Real creativity, purposeful passing, ability to get away from players with ease, close control. Of course that comparison isn't perfect either, there are differences. But Ndombele does have the quality to reach a similar (one of the best in the world in that role) level.
I think comparisons to Dembele are sound. They do have some similarities and differences.

The reason it's sound is to have any similarities is amazing because outside of the Ndombele/Dembele bubble virtually noone is like either of them.

Edit: perhaps YaYa is a bit like Ndombele?

Dembele is the reason we brought Ndombele
We needed a player to transition the ball out of defence and gain us a player advantage in that move. Moussa was the Jedi master of that and Tanguy is literally the only player I’ve seen with a compatible technique in receiving the ball and going past his man

the yaya comparison is valid too, and I’d also say Viera but both did it more with rangey running

and unlike Dembele we have a two footed player here who plays further up the field which is more where Dembele played when we signed him (he was a Forward at Fulham)

I think comparisons to Dembele are sound. They do have some similarities and differences.

The reason it's sound is to have any similarities is amazing because outside of the Ndombele/Dembele bubble virtually noone is like either of them.

Edit: perhaps YaYa is a bit like Ndombele?

That is a great shout and i agree.

Back