• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I wonder where levy is meeting poch for these ‘showdown’ talks? Will it be at dawn? Will there be pistols? Swords? If it’s at midday a high blazing sun could reflect light from Levy’s head into poch’s Eyes and give our chairman an unfair advantage!
Singapore. Will be the undercard for the Trump - Kim Jong Un meeting.

So many stories coming out with the same core of players that Poch supposedly wants.

Feel like we've consistently seen these names in the Indy, Telegraph, Mirror, Mail, etc....

De Ligt for Alderweireld with TBA off to Man United. Would be sad to see TBA go to another English team, but if we got De Ligt in, I'd take it.

Then, Sessegnon in for Rose who is going somewhere (Everton?). Could possibly be Tierney or Shaw too, but those links seem to be less prevalent. I still think Rose is too good for fudging Everton, but I can't see United or City spending big money on him now.

Then,one more auxiliary attacker that can play in the 3 behind and also take the theoretical Janssen/Llorente minutes. Looks like the most consistent links are Martial, Zaha, and Malcom. Maybe David Neres...

And finally, a Dembele replacement if he leaves. The pipe dream is Kovacic, but seems like it'd be more likely to be someone like Diawara from Napoli or someone else I've never heard of. This one makes me the most nervous, b/c Dembele is such a unique player, but it seems like he's probably off. :(

Then, we get our big players to sign new contracts, get Poch a new deal, and unload some dead wood, and I think we're in great shape.

Buy:

De Ligt, Tierney, Sessegnon, Isco, Bale, Dolberg

Sell:

Alderweireld, Rose, Trippier, Dembele, Sissoko, Nkoudou, Llorente, Janssen
Let me just edit that list slightly. Well not slightly.

Buy: Sessegnon, Brereton + one marquee'ish signing if Levy has been on the sherry. Lets say Pulisic/Martial or an old favourite like Modric.
Sell: Sissoko, Nkoudou, Llorente, Janssen

Looks like Danny might be changing his tune... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...rs-support-mauricio-pochettino-quest-premier/

I might be in the minority, but I'd love it if we patched things over with Danny this summer. He's still only 27 and has been at the club for almost 10 years. On his day, he's still a brilliant player, and he's way too good for Everton. Plus, on his day, I think he's a better player than Davies.

I’d like is to be looking at Amadou Haidara as Dembele replacement as well as Diawara

We do need a new striker and there are Young’s ones who could fit the bill in dolberg and Brereton

Maddison is one I’d like to get in as an Eriksen style dictator

We will need to replace any centre backs we lose and I’ve not seen enough of De Ligt to comment about him... I still come back to Maguire

Any attacking player needs to come from two extremes ... young and massively talented e.g. Sessegnon or Lookman or Bailey or proven and wiser like Bale... no more gambles on the next big thing

Id be open to changing the dates, its not precious to me.

I think a unified schedule across the major leagues would make massive sense. Would probably make it easier to bring in a winter break across the board as well.
So many stories coming out with the same core of players that Poch supposedly wants.

Feel like we've consistently seen these names in the Indy, Telegraph, Mirror, Mail, etc....

De Ligt for Alderweireld with TBA off to Man United. Would be sad to see TBA go to another English team, but if we got De Ligt in, I'd take it.

Then, Sessegnon in for Rose who is going somewhere (Everton?). Could possibly be Tierney or Shaw too, but those links seem to be less prevalent. I still think Rose is too good for fudging Everton, but I can't see United or City spending big money on him now.

Then,one more auxiliary attacker that can play in the 3 behind and also take the theoretical Janssen/Llorente minutes. Looks like the most consistent links are Martial, Zaha, and Malcom. Maybe David Neres...

And finally, a Dembele replacement if he leaves. The pipe dream is Kovacic, but seems like it'd be more likely to be someone like Diawara from Napoli or someone else I've never heard of. This one makes me the most nervous, b/c Dembele is such a unique player, but it seems like he's probably off. :(

Then, we get our big players to sign new contracts, get Poch a new deal, and unload some dead wood, and I think we're in great shape.

Generally though we don't sign players we are linked to

12 months ago Sanchez, Aurier, Foyth Llorente and Gazzaniga were on nobody's lists

Back