1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

So, what happened today?

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by Diamond Lights, 29 Oct 2020.

1. ShipOfTheseus

ShipOfTheseus Sergei Rebrov

We can’t set our own taglines here, so I’ll have to save that one for an epitaph.

2. Bullet

Bullet Tom Huddlestone

Interesting. Is it only paid for the first 25 days or whatever? Then "no pay"... or is it that you have to pay your employer :D

3. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Pedro Mendes

All paid.
    I think it will really be mostly used for those odd days that crop up where you have to otherwise 'waste' a day's holiday - children-related stuff, non-family funerals, plus maybe the odd long weekend. It's not going to be people suddenly taking multiple 2 or 3 week breaks, I can't see that getting signed off. Plus we all have work to get done, so can't just keep taking leave, much as I might like to!

4. ShipOfTheseus

ShipOfTheseus Sergei Rebrov

I must admit, I hadn’t realised that the OMT gods lurked in Random, nor that they were quite so obliging.

5. Rorschach

Rorschach Tony Galvin

I'm a bit scared of you now

6. Bullet

Bullet Tom Huddlestone

A-ha, I guess I skipped over the bit that says "with manager's approval".
    So you are likely to find a manager that keeps a very firm lid on it.
    But it would be funny if a manager was annoyed/leaving and wanted to just blow things up and sign off 200 days of paid leave... how the hell did you allow that to happen?! You are in HR I think? One rogue manager could let their whole team have the year off, paid.

7. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Pedro Mendes

I'm not in HR.
    I suppose there can be extremes in anything, but that scenario is pretty unlikely to arise and I am sure there will be provisions in place to ensure there is no abuse of the policy - the company has to be able to function. However applying one of life's better rules of thumb - treat people well and fairly and they will reciprocate. It's a very good company that takes good care of its employees. I actually think there's more risk of some people taking less annual leave than they would normally, without something to remind them they are getting to the 'use it or lose it' part of the year. (I won't be in that category!).