• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

IMO the defending that Parker does is very underrated here...He made so many great last ditch tackles last season and was always tracking back and helping the defence out and he is still IMO our best pure defensive midfielder.
However,he is fairly limited in an attacking role,and playing him next to Sandro and especially if our full backs are Walker and Naughton,is limiting our attacking options severely.

You cannot be Moonlit with a statement like that, he used to love Parker.

However I do agree with the statement, he just doesn't seem to think on the same level as a creative player and really disrupted the games of VDV and Modric. He doesn't seem to think of where he is passing the ball and will often put it right back to the man who passed it under pressure to him or he will play piggy in the middle with the CBs.

Exactly what i was thinking. Didn't moonlit also not rate Ekotto much? yet this guy seems to rate him.

Parker disrupted the game of Modric and vdv? is that serious?

without parker neither player would have the freedom they enjoyed last season. He did their dirty work and was rightly voted our player of the season. Cast your mind back to when he first got in the team which coincided with a fantastic run of results and brilliant MOTM performances from Parker.

Again, I would like to see the stats about Parker. Harry said he was delighted we lost the first 2 games last season so he could sign Parker and he certainly was in our team when we were having a great run. He was also in our team when we were not. He frustrated me more times than he delighted me last season.

Again, I would like to see the stats about Parker. Harry said he was delighted we lost the first 2 games last season so he could sign Parker and he certainly was in our team when we were having a great run. He was also in our team when we were not. He frustrated me more times than he delighted me last season.

Spurs with Parker:
P34 W18-D10-L6
Overall Record: 67.65%

Spurs without Parker
P19 W10-D3-L6
Overall Record: 60.53%

Scott Parker's stats with Spurs

Really?

Do you have a source for that?

He didn't say that directly - more on the part of helping to convince the board of the 5m investment or something along those lines.

- I don't think that was in relation to those 2 losses btw - more on the aspect of Levy helping him out with the board's decision

Last edited:

utter drivel,again.

Parker disrupted the game of Modric and vdv? is that serious?

without parker neither player would have the freedom they enjoyed last season. He did their dirty work and was rightly voted our player of the season. Cast your mind back to when he first got in the team which coincided with a fantastic run of results and brilliant MOTM performances from Parker.

i agree, put him in our side right now and we improve in my opinion

he wasn't without his faults, i thought the more the season went on the further up the field he seemed to play which kind of disrupted our attacking play, but he was voted player of the season for a reason and up until January he was fantastic. felt he could have done with being rested more in the second half and his performances did decline a little, but was still a good player for us during this time

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated
Scott Parker is only 2 weeks away from being match fit according @SSNSpursEmma.

Very worried about Redknapp taking Parker from us. Parker is a brilliant player and I'd much rather see him play with Sandro with Dembele playing a little further forward than Huddlestone.

ANDRE VILLAS-BOAS is ready to resist Harry Redknapp’s transfer window swoop for Scott Parker.

New QPR boss Redknapp has a number of targets in mind to bolster his squad as the Hoops attempt to stay in the Premier League.

Redknapp is willing to offer around £4million for the midfielder in January, with rumours suggesting that AVB is ready to listen to offers for Parker.

But that deal will not go ahead – because the Tottenham boss wants to keep the former West Ham man (right) at White Hart Lane.

Parker, 32, is on the brink of a return after being out since the summer.

A source said: “He hasn’t played so he will be fresh and can give Spurs a real lift.

“He is very much staying.”

Villas-Boas also confirmed Parker is winning his injury battle. He said: “Scott is in light training and we hope he will be ready soon.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/285714/Andre-Villas-Boas-says-no-to-Scott-Parker-QPR-deal/

Scott Parker is close to a Tottenham comeback.

The England midfield dynamo has missed the entire season to date after he suffered a setback while recovering from an Achilles tendon injury.

Parker postponed surgery until after England had finished their European Championship campaign last summer.

But he encountered more problems and was initially ruled out until Christmas.

However, he has been back in full training for almost two weeks with no ill-effects.

The combative midfielder is now set to be back in the first-team picture at least two weeks before the Christmas programme.

He could even make the bench for the Europa League match against Panathinaikos at White Hart Lane on Thursday.

But manager Andre Villas-Boas will not rush the 32-year-old back into action prematurely.

He wants to install Parker’s competitive fire in central midfield as soon as possible as the bite the England man brings has been missing this season.

But Villas-Boas will take his time and does not want his midfield general to suffer another setback that will prolong his absence.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/scott-parker-closes-in-on-making-tottenham-1467561

Back