• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro Ramirez

Any chance the club will have him in for a chat, maybe a social with the players, during their training jaunt in Barcelona this week? The visit of Puyol to London and now this trip seem to be too much of a coincidence.

Dunno, but there's no way in hell that we'd agree to that 'paranoia clause' nonsense that Barca are apparently insisting on (as per Duncan Castles). I'm still of the mind that this lad isn't who we're looking for as a back-up for Kane (being too short, to my mind), but if the club want him, then why we don't just pay the 9 million quid release clause and sign him outright without bothering about this buy-back nonsense is beyond me. If the news about Townsend leaving for between ten and fourteen million quid in the next 48 hours is true (that Guardian story), we'd still end up with a nominal profit on the deal anyway.

But we absolutely shouldn't agree to a buy-back clause of any kind. If Barca want us to be an incubator for their talents, they'll have to get used to paying the same damn prices Madrid paid to prise a player or two from our ice-likd grip. If they can't deal with that, let's just move on and look elsewhere.

Any chance the club will have him in for a chat, maybe a social with the players, during their training jaunt in Barcelona this week? The visit of Puyol to London and now this trip seem to be too much of a coincidence.
Are you ITK? You certainly sound like it to me with all that dot joining ;)

Real Madrid have a clause in Ozil's contract that says they must be notified of any impending sale to another Spanish club so they can match the offer.

They're also entitled to 1/3 of anything over €50 million, which will never happen.

I think Puyol is Bartra's agent, too.

I think more likely they switch to that tactic if they need to go more attacking. They always almost kick off with a 4-2-3-1! Mahrez and another winger coming from the wings and Vardy alone up front.
I thought they just about always started with Vardy and Okazaki/Ulloa up front. That's been part of the whole "romance" thing about them, back to basics and tearing things up.

Not remotely ITK stationed here in the frozen wilds of Her Majesty's Timbered Dominion. But a willing correspondent for The Daily Conspiracy Theory.
Just kidding. This is the nonsense spouted by the the Grey Fox in which he probably came to a similar conclusion.
Grey Fox: Not from my normal source and can't get any sort of confirmation, but been told we might be coming back from Spain with some extra baggage. Please add some salt if you wish, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.
Any grey foxes up your way?;)

Real Madrid have a clause in Ozil's contract that says they must be notified of any impending sale to another Spanish club so they can match the offer.

They're also entitled to 1/3 of anything over €50 million, which will never happen.
That kind of deal would be OK.
Actually I think for youth players it make sense for big clubs - no good enough for Barca but may become good for the next bracket. Sell for a moderate fee to let the player develop their career but still get some benefit if he becomes a superstar/solid CL player

Doesn't Sandro have a 12 million euro release clause that any team can trigger with Barca then powerless to keep him?
isn't the release clause for teams in Spain, from outside we need to get the player to pay it (and it incurs income tax). This is my understanding
https://www.shelfsidespurs.com/forum/threads/buyout-clauses-sid-lowe-from-sports-illustrated.18514/

That means one of two things, both of which increase the price. Firstly, it can mean adding the VAT at 18 percent. In the past, clubs have agreed to include VAT in the invoice for a player's transfer (which of course can be claimed back from the state). Now, if the bid is hostile, they will not. In other words, the buying club will have to pay the clause plus the 18 percent. So, Aguero's price rises from €45M to €53.1M ($72M).
The other option is for a club to simply refuse to sell -- until, that is, it is forced to. That's where the legal buyout clause kicks in, Decreto Real 1006/1985. But that decree is exactly what it says it is: a buyout clause. A player (not the club) deposits the money, the value of the buyout clause, at the Spanish league and unilaterally breaks his contract. That money, of course, would be given to him by the buying club in order to buy himself out. The problem is that as soon as that money hits his account it counts as income -- even if it is then deposited elsewhere. And so it is liable to taxation at 44 percent. In other words, the €45M is the amount left after taxation. That is to say that Aguero's overall cost is €80.2M ($109M).

isn't the release clause for teams in Spain, from outside we need to get the player to pay it (and it incurs income tax). This is my understanding
https://www.shelfsidespurs.com/forum/threads/buyout-clauses-sid-lowe-from-sports-illustrated.18514/

That means one of two things, both of which increase the price. Firstly, it can mean adding the VAT at 18 percent. In the past, clubs have agreed to include VAT in the invoice for a player's transfer (which of course can be claimed back from the state). Now, if the bid is hostile, they will not. In other words, the buying club will have to pay the clause plus the 18 percent. So, Aguero's price rises from €45M to €53.1M ($72M).
The other option is for a club to simply refuse to sell -- until, that is, it is forced to. That's where the legal buyout clause kicks in, Decreto Real 1006/1985. But that decree is exactly what it says it is: a buyout clause. A player (not the club) deposits the money, the value of the buyout clause, at the Spanish league and unilaterally breaks his contract. That money, of course, would be given to him by the buying club in order to buy himself out. The problem is that as soon as that money hits his account it counts as income -- even if it is then deposited elsewhere. And so it is liable to taxation at 44 percent. In other words, the €45M is the amount left after taxation. That is to say that Aguero's overall cost is €80.2M ($109M).
Doesn't the above assume PAYE rules? I would've thought a player buying himself out of his contract would do so via a holding company, where the purchasing club deposit the money in the holding company and the holding company then pay the money for the asset (the player)?

no I think the player needs to pay it, not a third party otherwise it could come directly from the other club, whats the point of transferring to a holding company?

I think Martinez had to do this when leaving Athletic to Munich

Last edited:
I think Spanish buy-out clauses are only valid within Iberia.

But we can give the player the cash to buy themselves out, like we did with Fazio.

I think Spanish buy-out clauses are only valid within Iberia.

But we can give the player the cash to buy themselves out, like we did with Fazio.

Really, valid in all of Iberia? So Portuguese clubs can activate Spanish clubs release clauses? I did not know that

Pretty sure we signed Fazio direct from Sevilla, 8m iirc

Back