• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro Ramirez

Son is not tricky imo. I mean someone Sanchez, Aguero, Hazard type tricky.

Adam Armstrong is one to look out for in the coming years, not sure I'd call him "tricky" as such but he's diminutive, very sharp, quick and can certainly finish. Has a hat-trick so far today which puts him on 16 in 22 for Coventry(on loan from Saudi Sportswashing Machine) this season and is still only 18.

Adam Armstrong is one to look out for in the coming years, not sure I'd call him "tricky" as such but he's diminutive, very sharp, quick and can certainly finish. Has a hat-trick so far today which puts him on 16 in 22 for Coventry(on loan from Saudi Sportswashing Machine) this season and is still only 18.

@Greg has been raving about him, but he has looked woefully out of his depth whenever I've seen him for Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Might have a bit of pace, but not much else.

@Greg has been raving about him, but he has looked woefully out of his depth whenever I've seen him for Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Might have a bit of pace, but not much else.

I think that's doing him a massive disservice. A 17/18 year old playing up top on his own for a crap Saudi Sportswashing Machine side pumping long balls to him was always going to struggle, put current-day Aguero in that kind of setup and he probably wouldn't look too hot either. He obviously does have a bit more than just pace considering he's five clear of any other player in League 1 for goals and he's shown he has an array of finishes. He's comfortable off either foot, technically decent, razor sharp in and around the box, he's short but he has that stocky build which gives him a chance at least of holding off players. He's not Kane, he won't do Kane-like things as he's a completely different player but he's not just some headless chicken pace merchant. I'm not saying we should sign him and Saudi Sportswashing Machine wouldn't entertain any offers at this stage anyway but he's one who in a few years may come onto our radar if he carries on progressing.

He does hold the ball up quite a bit. Plays a very important role when we get put under pressure, both when we have to clear it and when we are forced to play it long under pressure from the back.

He's a target for crosses and has scored some nice headed goals. Probably you're right about knock downs and flick ons, but I think he's still a threat from those kinds of situations and it benefits us.

He definitely bullies defenders a bit with his strength. Though I suppose skill and pace could often cause problems in those situations.

Will be rather short on physicality at the front if we replaced Kane with a striker like Sandro Ramirez or Berahino I think. Though there would be other benefits I would still like to see another tall strong striker option at the club.

Spot on, BE, couldn't agree more.

So in this window Barca have signed Vidal (right winger), Turan (playmaker) and are now signing Nolita (forward) so its hard to believe that Sandro is going to get many opportunities at Barca

So in this window Barca have signed Vidal (right winger), Turan (playmaker) and are now signing Nolita (forward) so its hard to believe that Sandro is going to get many opportunities at Barca

Seems like a situation that might put pressure on Barca as the transfer window is closing. Might make them accept not having the buy back clause they reportedly want...

I for one wouldn't be that happy about us buying a player that will have a decent/low buy back clause for Barca to just pick him up again if he fulfills his potential. Would rather our top notch player development ability was focused on players we actually have as our own.

Why? Its a commercial agreement between two parties regarding buying an asset
because it allows low / no risk for the selling club and no incentive to play and improve players for the bigger club. Allows greater concentration of players to the rich clubs who have their cake and eat it by "selling" with a one way bet.

Although football is a business it is also still a sport and it is up to the governing bodies to try and keep the integrity of the sport. You cant have "powerful" clubs getting an unfair advantage. Even if you boil it down to commercial agreement and assets there needs to be regulations in the market to ensure that there is a fair market place (monopolies commission etc).

do you think its a good idea to have third party ownership, agents owning players, can you tie players up to one way contracts for their entire career?

Last edited:
I think if the buying club doesn't like it, they can just say no. It also depends on when the buy-back clause can be activated. If it's within 2 years, then obviously I wouldn't go for it as a buying club, since that's how long it may take for a player to fully integrate into the team and PL style of play. On the other hand, if it's 5 years, I may be willing to take the chance if I think that it will net me 3-4 years of having an excellent player in my team. After that, I can always negotiate the buy-back clause with the selling team. On the plus side, players sold with a buy-back clause tend to be cheaper, so it can strengthen your squad for a period of time with less investment than buying the player outright.

Just like the loaning rules allows clubs to stockpile players and means a concentration of players to the rich clubs.

You say that the player may be cheaper when in fact it would be likely that he wouldn't have been offered a new contract or bought if they couldn't loan out or no risk sale

The striker is yet to feature for the Catalan club in 2016 and is not in Luis Enrique's plans, but the Blaugrana are keen to sell the forward in a permanent deal to raise funds

Barcelona have turned down a loan move from Betis for striker Sandro Ramirez, Goalunderstands, and hope to sell the 20-year-old before the end of the January transfer window.

Sandro has yet to feature for Barca in 2016 and has fallen down the pecking order at the Catalan club since summer signings Arda Turan and Aleix Vidal became eligible to play earlier this month.

The striker has known since October that he is not part of Luis Enrique's plans and Barca are now helping the forward find a suitable destination in the current window.

I think if the buying club doesn't like it, they can just say no. It also depends on when the buy-back clause can be activated. If it's within 2 years, then obviously I wouldn't go for it as a buying club, since that's how long it may take for a player to fully integrate into the team and PL style of play. On the other hand, if it's 5 years, I may be willing to take the chance if I think that it will net me 3-4 years of having an excellent player in my team. After that, I can always negotiate the buy-back clause with the selling team. On the plus side, players sold with a buy-back clause tend to be cheaper, so it can strengthen your squad for a period of time with less investment than buying the player outright.

just that the asset here is a human, and while i see the claim to the development of a player, i do not see the need to have overhanging contracts beyond what the player can forsee.

i recognize that the buy back clause is an option that is adjusted for financially in a contract. however much cleaner to receive a bunch of cash that the club can use to buy that player back? why would the club insist on the player's control after selling him, if only to deprive the player freedom to play for another club?

Back