• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

Yep I thought Sess had a really good well-rounded game.

Looked confident. Physically strong, not beaten in any duel that I can recall. Solid on the ball too and got forward productively.

And this is all most impressive cos he was up against Salah & TAA who have decimated a lot of left-sided defensives this season.
The confidence he displayed was key. At times in the past he's seem like a wallflower all to ready to hide or just pass it on to others. Yesterday's despite not doing a great deal offensively, he was ways there ready to perform and had the confidence to try and take players on. Really, really promising from him.

The confidence he displayed was key. At times in the past he's seem like a wallflower all to ready to hide or just pass it on to others. Yesterday's despite not doing a great deal offensively, he was ways there ready to perform and had the confidence to try and take players on. Really, really promising from him.

I think if he'd tried to do much more offensively, he'd have exposed us more on that side to Salah and Alexander-Arnold. On balance, I believe that was probably a tactical order from Conte rather than Sessegnon choosing not to push forward.

That was a performance that was always waiting to happen for Sessegnon. It is clear that he has everything required to be an elite level footballer. Pace, power, decision making, touch, vision, movement, positional sense. He is a player who will be able to win his duals and then have the quality to do something with the ball as well.

That was a performance that was always waiting to happen for Sessegnon. It is clear that he has everything required to be an elite level footballer. Pace, power, decision making, touch, vision, movement, positional sense. He is a player who will be able to win his duals and then have the quality to do something with the ball as well.

My favourite current player, we should build the team around him.

He was my MOM to be honest, he got forward but also kept Salah quiet so much so that he was moved through the middle. He has got everything a young player needs and now he seems to have regained some confidence in his own ability.

Still only 21 and i believe he is going to be a very good player.

He was my MOM to be honest, he got forward but also kept Salah quiet so much so that he was moved through the middle. He has got everything a young player needs and now he seems to have regained some confidence in his own ability.

Still only 21 and i believe he is going to be a very good player.

I'd agree 100% with this. That was by far his best performance for us. The way he managed Salah was outstanding. Never committed himself and stood Salah up all day long forcing him into the corner or across the pitch. Was a really mature performance from Sessegnon. I'm a massive Reguilon fan but Sessegnon should start the next few games.

One thing that has genuinely surpassed me us his good he has been in the air. That’s not something I’ve seen from him before

this feels a little like when Bale was just finding his feet under 'Arry. Same sort of expectations on him when he arrived from Fulham as Bale had at Southampton, same misfiring first season, with the only benefit being we sent Sess out on loan to get him some game time. Most definitely the right manager at the right time for the lad - I would expect him to quite quickly surpass the bull in a china shop that is Reguilon in the next two months. Hopefully this will in turn then improve Reggi who truthfully needs far more consistency and end product to his game for all the accolades and love we as fans give him.

At least the lad put himself about today, I have high hopes for him, not everything went right for him but he played like he gave a fuk

Considering how little first team action he's had he did alright.
Put in a shift and seemed much more confident that in the past, looks like Reggie will have some good competition!

Considering how little first team action he's had he did alright.
Put in a shift and seemed much more confident that in the past, looks like Reggie will have some good competition!
Yeah, he was OK. Played on his front foot, and looked to try do beat his man. Should get the place of Son while he's out injured.

Yeah, he was OK. Played on his front foot, and looked to try do beat his man. Should get the place of Son while he's out injured.

Have enough big games coming up that being able to alternative Reggie and Sess is great. Its a relief to at least have one position which is stable

With Son out, I'd prefer to play Gil in his place. I dont see Sess is a forward

Have enough big games coming up that being able to alternative Reggie and Sess is great. Its a relief to at least have one position which is stable

I don’t see with as forwards myself but if o was to gamble on one it would be sessegnon
I think we will go 3-5-2 with son out now though

I am not sure I agree with that. Gil has the brains but he gets easily bullied on the ball. Sess has some skill and upper strength. He is also in my opinion a better finisher than Gil from what I have seen. His weakness in that forward role is that someone would have to do the playmaking for him.

Back