• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

I have followed this guy since his debut at Fulham. Very good player creative and a decent passer, just needs some luck with injuries, but think he will do well under Conte. Let's face it we are not blessed with creative options at the moment.

Not sure I agree that Sess is/was better.
Watched Moses at Wigan for years and he was excellent, then at Chelsea was very good and consistent. Sess has got it all to prove with us.

Not sure I agree that Sess is/was better.
Watched Moses at Wigan for years and he was excellent, then at Chelsea was very good and consistent. Sess has got it all to prove with us.
He played one decent season at Chelsea and won the league
He had 6 loans at Chelsea so was hardly a success
And at Wigan he didnt get regularly games until Nzogbia left

A manager who believes in his ability and deploys a system that can maximise his talent...that's the most fertile ground he could hope for. If he's ever to thrive, it's surely now.
Just hope that he and Reguilon can spur each other on rather than have one crush the other.

Totally agree, great post.

He played one decent season at Chelsea and won the league
He had 6 loans at Chelsea so was hardly a success
And at Wigan he didnt get regularly games until Nzogbia left
I like Sessgnon but in contrast he's only had that 1 season at Championship level where he excelled. His first PL season at Fulham was forgettable. He did well during his loan in Germany but I don't think you can really says hes had the more impressive career than Moses at the same age. Moses was equally lauded and had a better CV imo at the time.

I do think Sessgnon can go and hit higher heights than Moses but it's no forgone conclusion.

I like Sessgnon but in contrast he's only had that 1 season at Championship level where he excelled. His first PL season at Fulham was forgettable. He did well during his loan in Germany but I don't think you can really says hes had the more impressive career than Moses at the same age. Moses was equally lauded and had a better CV imo at the time.

I do think Sessgnon can go and hit higher heights than Moses but it's no forgone conclusion.
What CV did Moses have?
2007 to 2010 at Palace and only 58 games in the championship (they weren’t prem)
Then he went to Wigan and wasn’t starting there until Nzogbia left so didn’t get starts at the same age as Sessesgnon
It’s why I referenced the international caps as a balance and seasoning is way ahead on that front like for like
So I’d argue that Moses had a really weak CV at the same age (not starting regularly at palace in the championship or Wigan in the bottom half of the prem)

What CV did Moses have?
2007 to 2010 at Palace and only 58 games in the championship (they weren’t prem)
Then he went to Wigan and wasn’t starting there until Nzogbia left so didn’t get starts at the same age as Sessesgnon
It’s why I referenced the international caps as a balance and seasoning is way ahead on that front like for like
So I’d argue that Moses had a really weak CV at the same age (not starting regularly at palace in the championship or Wigan in the bottom half of the prem)
For me his spell at Wigan when he did break into the Wigan side is more impressive than Sessengnon's CV till now imo. As I said though I can see Sess doing more with his talent especially under Conte in a system that now suits him down to the tee.

He is better, which is why he isn’t playing for the equivalent of Wigan (which would be probably be Burnley now)
To give it a balance sessegnon he played over 30 international games for his age group whereas Moses played less than 15

Victor Moses joined Wigan as a 19 year old. He played 74 games for Wigan within 3 years. After 2 years at Wigan, Chelsea came in for him. He was an English U21 international before he decided to switch to Nigeria winning the 2013 Nations Cup with Nigeria.

Youth age groups - History is littered with youth players who had many caps for their youth teams. Victor played 28 times for England U16, U17, U19, U21. He was highly rated similar to Alex Iwobi. He switched to Nigeria in 2013.

If Sess turns out to play as well as Victor did under Conte, it would be a vast improvement over what I have seen so far.

For me his spell at Wigan when he did break into the Wigan side is more impressive than Sessengnon's CV till now imo. As I said though I can see Sess doing more with his talent especially under Conte in a system that now suits him down to the tee.

I may be harsh but I am yet to see anything special with Sessegnon's talent. I could see talent with Gareth Bale when he first joined Spurs. I could see it with Aaron Lennon. I am yet to see Sessegnon's. I await the future humble pie with gladness if it turns out I am wrong but for now - meh.

Looking at Wikipedia, at the age of 21, whilst in the top league (PL or Bundesliga)

moses - 40 games for Wigan and 3 goals in all comps

Sess - 14 games for Spurs and 1 goal / 29 games for Hoffenheim and 2 goals.

pretty similar, no? Certainly wouldn’t say Moses was better at the same age anyway, even taking in to account that stats don’t tell the whole story.

That was 1 year later than where Ryan is now
But we don’t know how sessegnon will develop of course

Looking at Wikipedia, at the age of 21, whilst in the top league (PL or Bundesliga)

moses - 40 games for Wigan and 3 goals in all comps

Sess - 14 games for Spurs and 1 goal / 29 games for Hoffenheim and 2 goals.

pretty similar, no? Certainly wouldn’t say Moses was better at the same age anyway, even taking in to account that stats don’t tell the whole story.

agreed
Hence why I said look at the respective international records as they played for the same country

Victor Moses joined Wigan as a 19 year old. He played 74 games for Wigan within 3 years. After 2 years at Wigan, Chelsea came in for him. He was an English U21 international before he decided to switch to Nigeria winning the 2013 Nations Cup with Nigeria.

Youth age groups - History is littered with youth players who had many caps for their youth teams. Victor played 28 times for England U16, U17, U19, U21. He was highly rated similar to Alex Iwobi. He switched to Nigeria in 2013.

If Sess turns out to play as well as Victor did under Conte, it would be a vast improvement over what I have seen so far.
He was 20 surely
His birthday is December and he is 31 in a week
And Chelsea came in for him and loaned him to 6 clubs
What’s the nations cup?

Victor was born in Dec 1990 and he joined Wigan in Jan 2010. He was 19 then and would be 20 in Dec 2010.

Back