• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings: Stoke (A)

Charlie

Radek Cerny
Lloris - 6
Walker - 6.5
Dawson - 6
Caulker - 5.5 stupid pass that lead to their goal
Vertonghen -6
Hudd - 6
Parker - 6.5 party at fault for their goal
Lennon - 6
Bale - 6.5 party at fault for their goal
Dempsey - 7 goal & assist. looked dangerous. stupid foul that led to their goal.
Ade - 6.5 lousy first touches

Dembele - 6 did what he was told to do. tried to dribble to bring the defence out
Sig - N/A
Defoe - 5.5 did not do anything meaningful

Everyone did their part today. Bale was wasteful and at fault for their goal and Defoe competely invisible, but who cares on a day like today?

Lloris - 6
Walker - 6.5
Dawson - 6
Caulker - 5.5 stupid pass that lead to their goal
Vertonghen -6
Hudd - 6
Parker - 6.5 party at fault for their goal
Lennon - 6
Bale - 6.5 party at fault for their goal
Dempsey - 7 goal & assist. looked dangerous. stupid foul that led to their goal.
Ade - 6.5 lousy first touches

Dembele - 6 did what he was told to do. tried to dribble to bring the defence out
Sig - N/A
Defoe - 5.5 did not do anything meaningful

Really?

To dominate with possession at 85% at times, away at Stoke Rugby club, takes performances that are more than 6's, IMO

I'm not going to score because I missed parts and watched the rest on an ipad which was not the best

Lloris 5 - struggled today, think he should've saved the goal

Walker 6 - did alright
Dawson 6 - did alright
Caulker 6 - did alright
Vertonghen 7 - good attacking threat

Parker 5.5 - frustrating passing
Hudd 6 - ok

Lennon 5.5 - didn't really do anything
Bale 6 - a threat but greedy today
Dempsey 8 - i'm not his biggest fan but fair play to him, he made the difference

Ade 7 - decent enough, important goal

Dembele 6.5 - used the ball well
Defoe 6 - did he touch it?
Sigurdsson 6 - as above

Lloris - 6. Had little to do once Adam was sent off, but remained alert and came off his line quickly. Brilliant time-wasting as well. :)

Walker - 6. Got away with a bit of wrestling and shirt pulling in the box, but was otherwise solid. Didn't make too many outside runs, though, which is something we were lacking.
Daws - 6. Solid, but guilty of a couple of mix-ups between himself and Walker/Lloris.
Caulker - 6. Can be partly blamed for the corner that led to their goal, but was otherwise solid.
Verts - 6. Should have made more runs down the outside, same as Walker.

Lennon - 6. Did a decent job defensively, but was frustratingly isolated out wide on the right, and was ignored when making runs forward.
Parker - 7. Great couple of forward passes that led directly to our equaliser and set up Bale with a dangerous chance immediately afterwards. Some good possession play in the main, and solid defensively.
Hudd - 6.5. Good long passes marred by awful set-pieces.
Bale - 6.5. Dangerous, created good chances and was a nuisance offensively.

Dempsey -7.5. Goal was a fantastic piece of quick thinking and feet adjustment, and timed his run and late assist very well. Doesn't do much, but what he does is often vital.

Ade - 7. Ran a lot, tried hard, got his goal. Drifted too deep at times, but a solid performance up front.

Subs:

Dembele - 6. Solid enough. Good little inside pass to Bale in the box soon after he came on, and was unfortunate to see the resulting Bale shot go behind and deny him an assist.
Defoe - N/A. Think he touched the ball five times.
Sig - N/A. See above.

AVB - 6.5. Got the job done, though we still routinely concede from set pieces which has to count as a black mark against him.

Special mention:

Kevin Friend - Stood up to Stoke's bullying tactics and issued yellow cards where they should have been issued, Hudd's included. A good performance.

Lloris 6
Walker 6
Dawson 7
Caulker 5
Vertonghen 6
Lennon 6
Parker 6
Huddlestone 5
Bale 6
Dempsey 7
Adebayor 7

Dembele 6
Defoe -
Sigurðsson -

Lloris 5 - struggled today, think he should've saved the goal

Walker 6 - did alright
Dawson 6 - did alright
Caulker 6 - did alright
Vertonghen 7 - good attacking threat

Parker 5.5 - frustrating passing
Hudd 6 - ok

Lennon 5.5 - didn't really do anything
Bale 6 - a threat but greedy today
Dempsey 8 - i'm not his biggest fan but fair play to him, he made the difference

Ade 7 - decent enough, important goal

Dembele 6.5 - used the ball well
Defoe 6 - did he touch it?
Sigurdsson 6 - as above

Unreal.

From whoscored.com:

Shots: 6-25
On target: 1-7
Off target: 3-8
Blocked: 2-10

Possession: 33% - 67%
Pass success: 68% - 88%
Aerial success: 71% - 29%

Tackles: 25-11
Fouls: 12-6
Offsides: 0-4
Throw ins: 20-25
Corners: 2-11

Code:
Name			P	Shots	SoT	Passes	PA%	Aerial	Touches Rating
Hugo Lloris		GK	0	0	11	27	0	30	6.04	
Kyle Walker		DR	4	0	51	92	1	78	6.82	
Steven Caulker		DC	0	0	26	88	1	36	6.62	
Michael Dawson		DC	1	1	37	92	4	58	7.28	
Jan Vertonghen		DL	3	0	44	93	0	86	7.53	
Scott Parker68'		DMC	0	0	62	84	1	76	6.89	
Tom Huddlestone		DMC	1	0	69	86	1	88	7.17	
Aaron Lennon75'		AMR	1	0	33	88	1	47	6.87	
Gareth Bale		AMC	9	3	73	90	0	103	7.71	
Clint Dempsey84'	AML	3	2	34	91	1	42	8.14	
Emmanuel Adebayor	FW	2	1	50	92	0	69	7.25	
Mousa Dembélé68'	Sub	1	0	21	95	0	24	6.52	
Gylfi Sigurdsson84'	Sub	0	0	3	100	0	6	6.01	
Jermain Defoe75'	Sub	0	0	2	100	0	3	6.24

Lowest pass completion of any Spurs player, as I suspected. One decent ball to Bale aside, he looked like he was playing for Stoke at times.

Try 3, though one of them was a good releasing pass at the very end.

Someone once said that a player could spend a whole game without touching the ball once and still put in a man of the match performance.
I think at times Defoe has taken that unknown man too seriously. :)

Strange one. Even when they had 11 men we were completely dominant in an away game. But I can't think of anyone who REALLY stood out. Which I guess is the sign of a good team performance which is nice.

Lloris - 6 - Not much to do. Claimed balls well but probably should have done better for the goal.

Walker - 6 - Good at the back, a bit blunt going forward and would have liked to see more overlapping runs when Stoke had everybody behind the ball

Dawson - 7 - Fairly good at dealing with hoofball

Caulker - 7 - Hasn't played for a while so a good performance considering

Vertonghen - 7 - Decent going forward

Lennon - 6 - Looked faster and hungrier than in recent weeks, mostly only received the ball when being heavily marked with little support though

Parker - 6 - Lots of huff and puff, but wtf was he doing for the goal

Huddlestone - 6 - Some decent passes, although his set-pieces are fudging amateur. I know that Bale is a good aerial threat, but seriously, there's no point having aerial threats if the ball isn't getting anywhere near the danger zone, Bale should be taking all of them.

Bale - 7 - Looked livelier than the previous couple of games, though still not as fast as he was pre-injury. Missed some good chances though.

Dempsey - 7 - Excellent finish for the goal, and a good assist too. Still don't think he's good enough to be starting games, but he was probably our best player today.

Adebayor - 7 - Worked hard, thought he was very good in the first half but anonymous in the second...right up until the 83rd minute. The key to a club having a successful season is to have key players peak at different points, and it looks as though Ade is finally coming into form in these last few games of the year.

Subs:

Dembele - 7 - Looked dangerous when he came on. In games like these where the opposition have everyone behind the ball you need someone who can run with it and drag them out of position, that's what Moussa did today.

Defoe/Sigursson - N/A - don't remember either of them touching the ball

AVB - 7 - Very good decision to start Vertonghen at LB to give us a bit of extra height. I was concerned looking at the starting line-up that we were going to attempt to play Stoke at their own game, but we moved it well along the ground and dominated the game. I still can't understand what Gylfi has to do to get a start, but Dempsey did well today. We were incredibly sloppy with the goal we conceded, got a bit lucky with both goals that we scored and of course got lucky that Charlie Adam is a clumsy macaron, but this was a solid away performance that puts the pressure on the scum and keeps us in the race till the final day. Last season's points total matched.

This game was our equivalent of the Villa game last season. Then we failed. Today we passed.

Resiliance and a mentality to beat the bullies is something new for us which we haven't had in the past.

7s all round, with AVB 8.

Lloris 7 - sure he struggled , but the defence not giving him any protection was more to blame. took balls for any player to offer any body part in front of a stoke player today, and loris was brave. got a hand on the ball, but it was 50-50 if it was going in at that pace and distance.
Walker 7 - getting better and better. got stuck in and not afraid to stand firm against the stoke players. immaculate ground coverage once adams went off.
Dawson 6 - for a british player and a verteran at the game, felt that he could have done more to cheer the defence on.
Caulker 6 - OK going forwards but letting balls throught to loris always a nervous point for me
Vertonghen 7 - good attacking threat but suspect in defence. oh well, can't have your cake and it it too i suppose, and no fault of his to be assigned the LB role.

Parker 7 - frustrating passing, but made very good incisive passing to cause havoc in the stoke defence that led to our first goal and equalizer. tends to drift to far forwards and prefer him behind thudd, but that's AVB's decision moslty

Hudd 5 - Poor set piece delivery, poor mobility.....i don;t think he suits AVB's style and can understand if AVB is looking to find another in his role. but he'd fetch good money for his skills

Lennon 6 - i always feels that Lennon "chickens out" when the going gets tough, and this was one of the games where I felt he could make an impact putting his quick feet to good use in the penalty box...

Bale 6 - totally smothered by SToke defenders, good to see him retreat to the wings to give others space to try. otherwise always a threat that kept stoke pegged back.
Dempsey 8 - his best game for us? goal + assist, both vital to the outcome of the game. I say we keep this streetsmart american
Ade 7 - fought hard and was a good outlet/holdup plan....great positioning to get that goal, should try to be in the 6 yard box more often
Dembele 7 - looks like the rest did him some good, looks fresh, lighter on his feet and definitely much more of a threat just outside the penalty box skipping over players]'

Defoe 5 - total waste of a sub to me, not suited for a team like Stoke and not against teams that park the bus
Sigurdsson 6 - not much time to help when we were just sitting back, but extra points for getting stuck in and getting an arm and elbow in the face to force a throw in.

AVB - 7... i don't think he knows how to set up his best midfield yet, could be he is still experimenting....but starting with ade/dempsey ahead of defoe was definitely the right decision, Not so sure about Parker ahead of Thudd, but thats another thread,

This game was our equivalent of the Villa game last season. Then we failed. Today we passed.

Resiliance and a mentality to beat the bullies is something new for us which we haven't had in the past.

We should have beaten Stoke by 2 clear goals last season if it wasn't for the referee.

Besides how can you even try and compare this with the Villa game last season? then we were down to 10 men and today we played against 10 men.

Lloris - 6

Walker - 7
Dawson - 7
Caulker - 6
Vertonghen - 7

Lennon - 6
Parker - 7
Huddlestone - 6
Dempsey - 7.5

Bale - 6
Adebayor - 7

Lloris 6
- did enough overall despite Schmeichel's suggestion he could have done better for their goal. Needs to do some serious work on distribution

Walker 6 - reasonable game, just hate the way he constantly hesitates and stalls our attacks

Dawson 6 - looked very dodgy on occasion but compensated with some well-timed interventions

Caulker 6 - tidy for the most part but is it just coincidence that we always shaky when Caulker plays?

Verthonghen 6 - some good tackles and crosses but marked down for a couple of dodgy moments that might easily have cost us

Dempsey 8 - despite quiet periods his excellent first-time shooting - including that superbly-taken goal - plus the assist for Adebayor's makes him my MotM

Thudd 5 - what HAS happened to his radar? Far too many overhit dead balls and long passes first hour, although his short play was mostly fine and he eventually produced some choice over-the-top passes towards the end

Parker 7 - for once, fewer pirouettes AND some really great through-balls, one of which lead ultimately to Dempsey's goal

Lennon 5 - far too wary of taking his man on until shortly before being replaced when he'd at last begun to show

Bale 7 - not his best game by any means but still looked our biggest threat going forward most of the time

Adebayor 7 - well short of the level he produced against Chelsea but still decent; extra mark for taking his chance well

Subs

Dembele 7
- looked mostly back to his best although one dodgy misplaced pass late on put us in real danger

Defoe 6 - very few touches but one excellent through-ball to Bale at the death could easily have led to a third score

Sigurdsson 5 - came on after 83 mins so little chance to contribute

Think the equivalent of the Villa game last season was Wigan, as we knew it was likely Arsenal would drop points against United and if we'd won then 4th would have been ours to lose. As it is now, we still have to rely on Arsenal fudging up against a weaker side for us make it.

Also I think I've heard about how we've got a new found "Resiliance and a mentality to beat the bullies is something new for us which we haven't had in the past." every season from various members of our fan base every season since the 07/08 season. Likewise, I've seen people complain about how "nothing changes, we're still pussies mentally" every season too. Today was a great show of character and resilience. But where was that character when we lost to Fulham, drew with Wigan, collapsed away to Arsenal and Liverpool etc.

LLoris 4 Should save the goal, a couple of dodgy moments and bad kicking, something he needs to improve on and something I hadnt noticed in the past because we use him a lot like that.

Walker 8 Better & Better

Dawson 6 Typical Dawson, gave Everything but shaky spells

Caulker 6 Not over troubled

Vertonghen 7 Helped going forward, and annoyed them in their box

Parker 7 Better, and when he plays like this, hes good.

Huddlestone 7 Horrible free kicks, but the possesion we had today has something to do with him

Lennon 4 Is he going to do something one day, are we going to carry on playing him? Ridiculous

Bale 7 At the heard of things, pulling the strings.

Dempsey 8 His first finish was superb but ruled offside, then scored, then assist. He is clinical.

Adebayor 7 Well taken goal and always gave them something to think about

Last edited:
Back