• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Putin & Russia

I don't see any end to this for a while, think Russia know they'll likely only be able to seize part the 2 areas they've targeted, Ukraine won't give them up, Putin can't afford to concede - looks like it will just go on and on.

time for a profit freeze on energy companies? All western companies to sell gas at cost until the war is over?

Massively ramp up production in the west?
Sure, as long as they can just not pay any employees or overhead costs. Sounds like a plan.

time for a profit freeze on energy companies? All western companies to sell gas at cost until the war is over?

Massively ramp up production in the west?
I think that's been the problem, they've had to sell gas at less than cost.:)

Tbh there is going to have to be some collective thinking. Yes, we may get just 5% of our gas from Russia but other countries,(eg Germany) are still going to have to 'find' gas to cater for demand, so will be shopping in a skinny market like everyone else. That will lead to ramped up prices unless governments take control.

There must be figures within the industry that have a handle on how much capacity can be ramped up. I think one of the problems is countries lack storage ie you could be taking supply now during the warm months ready for winter.

Last edited:
I think that's been the problem, they've had to sell gas at less than cost.

Tbh there is going to have to be some collective thinking. Yes, we may get just 5% of our gas from Russia but other countries,(eg Germany) are still going to have to 'find' gas to cater for demand, so will be shopping in a skinny market like everyone else. That will lead to ramped up prices unless governments take control.

There must be figures within the industry that have a handle on how much capacity can be ramped up. I think one of the problems is countries lack storage ie you could be taking supply now during the warm months ready for winter.
A lack of storage is our major problem.

Apparently we ship gas all over the place in the summer, then pump it back when we need it in the winter. There's certainly a non-zero risk that countries might put an embargo on pumping gas across borders when they get desperate.

Apparently this was a Ukrainian weapon. Absolutely incredible action.

If verified, that represents the destruction of a large part of Russian air cover. And more so, a failure of the highly rated Russian air defence system.

And it is highly visible to many Russian holiday makers experiencing the ultimate code Brown whilst stuck in traffic attempting to flee occupied Crimea via the many many miles long Kerch Strait bridge.

Ukraine have coldly warned against using that bridge anytime soon.

Last edited:
BBC reporting of the explosion’s on Crimea:

“Russia's defence ministry said ammunition detonated at the base. Meanwhile, Ukraine denied any responsibility for the explosions.”

Has anyone written anything decent on what the end game might be after all this, seems like this war is going to continue for some time. Putin must known he can't take the whole country so what will he do, annex the 2 eastern regions and declare that a victory?

Back