• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Podcast recommendations and discussion

elltrev

Andy Sinton
OT: Good Football Podcasts

I'm after a good football podcast - something intelligent and original, e.g. discussing Martinez implementing his 3-4-3 at Everton rather than discussing whether or not Bale and Suarez are going to stay. Think more Michael Cox (from Zonal Marking), less Mark Lawrenson.

Any recommendations??

Re: OT: Good Football Podcasts

Seconded, could use a decent football podcast that isn't AC Jimbo flirting with Sid Lowe for 6 minutes and then wisecracking his way through the other 54.

The football ramble is good but not really a tactical discussion like you describe.
The fighting **** is ok if you want to pretend you are in the pub. They are passionate about spurs which can't be bad.

The football ramble is good but not really a tactical discussion like you describe.
The fighting **** is ok if you want to pretend you are in the pub. They are passionate about spurs which can't be bad.

I stopped listening to that because they spent more time swearing and talking about themselves than they do talking about Spurs

I stopped listening to that because they spent more time swearing and talking about themselves than they do talking about Spurs

Lets be honest you have to have a huge ego to think people want to listen to you do a Podcast.

second captains sports podcast is very good, didn't realise they did a football specific one, i'll give it a try

Cheers guys, will give these a test run over the coming weeks.

I actually find it amazing how little original football analysis there is out there. I guess there's just not enough demand for it.

What do you listen to? Heard anything interesting lately that you'd like to discuss? Annoyed that Football Weekly is stuffed full of pseudo intellectual gooners and gay innuendo? Here's a thread to share.

I quite enjoy the gay innuendo. I still listen to FW, I think they have strayed a little far from the impartiality they used to be so good at though, most of them are fine, even the west ham fan is fair handed, but Roughly and Duarte are abysmal, you could ask them about the moon landings and the answer would be Brendan Rodgers and Steven Gerrard. Amy Lawrence goes a bit far at times but compared to those 2 she's Switzerland.

I really enjoy the ramble as well, they get the mix between analysis and humor spot on.

I still listen to the spurs show, although it's much better when Cornwell isn't on, the guests are varied and you get some interesting stories from the past.

'Oh when the Spurs' with the Picadilly Line's Richard Cracknell and Blue's Anthony Costa is a once a month-ish treat (although people who have issues with c0ckernee accents may want to avoid).

Try and catch the one where David Ginola impersonates Del Boy.

Fighting c0ck is a bit too wannabe gangsta for me, but they should take a bit of credit for their 1882 involvement.

Spurs show is hit and miss, but has been on the up of late - just like the team....

I quite enjoy the gay innuendo. I still listen to FW, I think they have strayed a little far from the impartiality they used to be so good at though, most of them are fine, even the west ham fan is fair handed, but Roughly and Duarte are abysmal, you could ask them about the moon landings and the answer would be Brendan Rodgers and Steven Gerrard. Amy Lawrence goes a bit far at times but compared to those 2 she's Switzerland.

I really enjoy the ramble as well, they get the mix between analysis and humor spot on.

I still listen to the spurs show, although it's much better when Cornwell isn't on, the guests are varied and you get some interesting stories from the past.

I listen to those too, and share much the same opinions on them, although i still enjoy them nonetheless.
Others i would recommend are The Game by The Times; which has a similar feel to FW. And also the BBC radio shows/ podcasts ie. 606, World Football.

Other than that, i aways find the Arsenal podcast by playbackmedia (they also produce the spurs show) very funny when its on the back of an Arsenal defeat :)

We've (Scara's) enabled SoundCloud embedding here, so if there are any particular podcasts that are available on it, they can be posted in this thread now

ive added in a mixcloud function as well milo and have noticed there's quite a wealth of football related podcasts available on there.

when using this function just use the highlighted part of the URL (rather than the whole thing as with Soundcloud) :

http://www.mixcloud.com/FootballRamble/awards-season/

[MIXCLOUD]FootballRamble/awards-season[/MIXCLOUD]

Excellent. That'll be really handy for discussing a particular episode or discussion.

'Oh when the Spurs' with the Picadilly Line's Richard Cracknell and Blue's Anthony Costa is a once a month-ish treat (although people who have issues with c0ckernee accents may want to avoid).

Try and catch the one where David Ginola impersonates Del Boy.

Fighting c0ck is a bit too wannabe gangsta for me, but they should take a bit of credit for their 1882 involvement.

Spurs show is hit and miss, but has been on the up of late - just like the team....

Really....more Loaded mag for me........the more you listen the more the non football chat makes sense....and i love ricky

Back