• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

He is never going to be one of those players who stand out but he does a lot of work, not saying we should persist with him and Skipp as a pairing but he does well in the job he is given.
He does ok
He shined last year because he was busy whist we were gash
As we have got more structure and work his weaknesses have become more apparent
I still think playing him further forward as someone to break play up in attacking areas suits him
We could play the Chelsea way something like winks deep (like Jorginho), Skipp B2B like Kovacic and Hojbjerg playing the kante role (just like he did for Denmark in the euros)

He does ok
He shined last year because he was busy whist we were gash
As we have got more structure and work his weaknesses have become more apparent
I still think playing him further forward as someone to break play up in attacking areas suits him
We could play the Chelsea way something like winks deep (like Jorginho), Skipp B2B like Kovacic and Hojbjerg playing the kante role (just like he did for Denmark in the euros)

For now I think he's in the team in part due to relative consistency, experience and attitude. None of the alternatives in a deep two have taken their chances well enough to be trusted.

He's under threat for the first time since he came in and that's a good thing.

If it's a three I'd want one more attacking player, Alli at the moment, but someone with more final third ability.

For now I think he's in the team in part due to relative consistency, experience and attitude. None of the alternatives in a deep two have taken their chances well enough to be trusted.

He's under threat for the first time since he came in and that's a good thing.

If it's a three I'd want one more attacking player, Alli at the moment, but someone with more final third ability.
Yeah I thought our good performance against Pool with 3 in midfield would mean Winks or Dele had forced their way back into the team... but then they were frozen out in the next game and we got to watch the "Skipp and Hojbjerg being overrun" thing again.

Yeah I thought our good performance against Pool with 3 in midfield would mean Winks or Dele had forced their way back into the team... but then they were frozen out in the next game and we got to watch the "Skipp and Hojbjerg being overrun" thing again.

Alli for sure, maybe also Winks, are better in a midfield three. So either both in, drop Lucas or neither in and stay Lucas.

One option for one game, one for the next with two games in three days. Solid approach imo.

He really offers nothing. First half he was invisible, didn't get on the ball, didn't break up attacks, nothing.
Second half a little better against 10 men but nowhere near enough and couldn't understand him not being taken off.
Would've kept Dele on, at least he would've offered something in the box.

He really offers nothing. First half he was invisible, didn't get on the ball, didn't break up attacks, nothing.
Second half a little better against 10 men but nowhere near enough and couldn't understand him not being taken off.
Would've kept Dele on, at least he would've offered something in the box.

Only Sonny two left feet stopped peh from being worst player on the pitch.
What was he supposed to be doing? Can't believe Conte is putting up with his lack of discipline in formation.

He points a lot... I said in November that he should be getting benched but I guess part of the problem is there aren't many other options to pair with Skipp. It is shameful to have players like Tanguy and GLC underperforming (whether in training or in an actual match... or simply being unavailable). Not sure if PEH has become jaded after playing every PL match last season, then going into the Euros. At least he does score/assist every now and then which does paper over the cracks in his recent performances.

If he doesn't have to step up a level it's because he has to step up two levels.

Difficult for him and I still rate him, but not doing enough at the moment.

If he doesn't have to step up a level it's because he has to step up two levels.

Difficult for him and I still rate him, but not doing enough at the moment.
He was always one of those players I found it hard to fathom. When he plays, he looks good but his stats in terms of xgChain and xgBuildup were always terrible at SCBC.

Across his PL career, his xgBuildup is only marginally better than Sissoko's. That's a bit of a concern.

He was always one of those players I found it hard to fathom. When he plays, he looks good but his stats in terms of xgChain and xgBuildup were always terrible at SCBC.

Across his PL career, his xgBuildup is only marginally better than Sissoko's. That's a bit of a concern.

Seems slower and less accurate on the ball now than last season. Not sure if that's is just playing quicker and better overall so he looks worse by comparison or if he's just out of form.

Quite different role now compared to last season. Not just the change in formation, but also Skipp does a lot more of what he does well compared to who Hojbjerg played with last season so less impact for him specifically.

Not sure if he's capable of quicker and more accurate passing which is the expectation now. Low Chain and Buildup numbers over time might indicate not so much?

Overall though a good sign that our midfield isn't held together by him and the memories of lost hope.

Feck! He can control a ball...usually that at least puts him ahead of Sissoko.

Feck! He can control a ball...usually that at least puts him ahead of Sissoko.
It's what he does with it after that's the problem.

I suspect part of it is how slow he is to move the ball on. He can be a bit of a Scott Parker in that he likes to take ages to look at all the options before he picks the wrong one.

Back