• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT - Tottenham Hotspur V Boro

AuroRaman

Chris Armstrong
When: Saturday 24th September
Time: 15:00
Where: somewhere up north

After a great showing by the kids midweek, time to get back to Premier League duty and keep up the chase at the top end of the table.

My team:

Lloris
Walker
Toby
Jan
Davies
Dier
Dembele
Lamela
Alli
Eriksen
Janssen

Shame for Son to miss out, but thoughts are bring him on around the 60th minute for one of the AM's. Wanyama to shore things up if needed, Sissoko for a bit of directness if we're chasing. Obviously will depend on Dier/Dembele having fully recovered from injury, in which case Wanyama to start, and possibly Eriksen in the other centre-mid role, with Winks/Carroll to come in later on? Would not like to see Alli there as his impact decreases greatly further back.

Prediction: 2-0 Spurs (Jaansen, Eriksen)

badger-lion-474.jpg

b449e98a8b5cf811df27a45c1b8ff7e2.jpg

honeybadger.jpg

Last edited:
-----------------Lloris
Walker---Alder---Verts ---Davies
-------Wanyama----Winks
Lamela--------Alli------Son
-------------Janssen

Subs: Vorm, Wimmer, Trippier, Dembele, Sissoko, Eriksen, Nkoudou

(with Dier rested for Moscow, and Dembele given the last 20 to ease himself up-to-speed)

When: Saturday 24th September
Time: 15:00
Where: somewhere up north

After a great showing by the kids midweek, time to get back to Premier League duty and keep up the chase at the top end of the table.

My team:

Lloris
Walker
Toby
Jan
Davies
Dier
Dembele
Lamela
Alli
Eriksen
Jaansen

Shame for Son to miss out, but thoughts are bring him on around the 60th minute for one of the AM's. Wanyama to shore things up if needed, Sissoko for a bit of directness if we're chasing.

Prediction: 2-0 Spurs (Jaansen, Eriksen)

What is your rationale behind dropping our best player in our last 2 league matches? Personally I think that will send out a bad signal to the player. Anyway I am pretty sure Poch will not bench him after Sunday's performance. An inform Son gives us rippling pace that only Walker is ready to provide in our starting line up at the moment

Last edited:
What is your rationale behind dropping our best player in our last 2 league matches? Personally I think that send out a bad signal to the player. Anyway I am pretty sure Poch will not bench him after Sunday's performance. An inform Son gives us rippling pace that only Walker is ready to provide in our starting line up at the moment

That's a fair comment. I liked the movement between Lamela/Eriksen/Vincent last night (granted it was Gillingham). Having said that you're right he has been our best player recently. But also, shut up this is my OMT.

-----------------Lloris
Walker---Alder---Verts ---Davies
-------Wanyama----Winks
Lamela--------Alli------Son
-------------Janssen

Subs: Vorm, Wimmer, Trippier, Dembele, Sissoko, Eriksen, Nkoudou

(with Dier rested for Moscow, and Dembele given the last 20 to ease himself up-to-speed)

No, if Dembele is over his cramp then he needs to start, we then take him off when he is tired or the game is safe.

While I start Son I can not decide between Dele, Lamela and Eriksen for the other 2 positions

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Wanyama Dembele
Son Alli Eriksen
Janssen

Subs: Vorm, CCV, Davies, Dier, Lamela, Sissoko, Onomah

I think he'll choose this team. Lamela played the full 90 but he is bloody brilliant.

No, if Dembele is over his cramp then he needs to start, we then take him off when he is tired or the game is safe.

While I start Son I can not decide between Dele, Lamela and Eriksen for the other 2 positions

As well as managing Dembele's reintegration, it's also more assertive to include a quick ball transitioner like Winks against a bottom half side.

As well as managing Dembele's reintegration, it's also more assertive to include a quick ball transitioner like Winks against a bottom half side.

I like Winks, but we are undeniably a better team with Dembele, which is why I would start him. Changes can be made once the game is won

Besides, I think his reintegration is done and dusted. What needs managing is ensuring that our most important midfield player starts our league and CL matches but does not unnecessarily have to play 90 minutes when the game is done.

Based on some of your comment in the summer I get the impression you are not his bigger fan

Besides, I think his reintegration is done and dusted. What needs managing is ensuring that our most important midfield player starts our league and CL matches but does not unnecessarily have to play 90 minutes when the game is done.

Based on some of your comment in the summer I get the impression you are not his bigger fan

I couldn't stand Dembele till 9 months ago, but he has been trained into a really good player now, so I've u-turned almost as much as I did on Rose

Just with his ban messing with his pre-season, and hamstring scare last weekend, I'd maybe ease him back in a bit gently.

And, especially if we go for Wanyama, rather than Dier, I think a ballplayer might serve us better than a big beast against a poorer opponent.

I couldn't stand Dembele till 9 months ago, but he has been trained into a really good player now, so I've u-turned almost as much as I did on Rose

Just with his ban messing with his pre-season, and hamstring scare last weekend, I'd maybe ease him back in a bit gently.

And, especially if we go for Wanyama, rather than Dier, I think a ballplayer might serve us better than a big beast against a poorer opponent.

I must say I am strongly influenced by the fact that we lost 6 league matches last season and Dembele started only one of them, and that was away to Man Utd, a match we dominated and should have won.

I must say I am strongly influenced by the fact that we lost 6 league matches last season and Dembele started only one of them, and that was away to Man Utd, a match we dominated and should have won.

But Bentaleb and Mason were injured for most of last season too. Whereas now we have Wanyama, Winks and Sissoko all fit and on the bench. So we can use him more sparingly and have him at optimum levels for the bigger games (i.e. CSKA and City)

But Bentaleb and Mason were injured for most of last season too. Whereas now we have Wanyama, Winks and Sissoko all fit and on the bench. So we can use him more sparingly and have him at optimum levels for the bigger games (i.e. CSKA and City)

You may think me naive but I think all league games are big games

Lets face it, what is the point of me renewing my season ticket every year if I did not regard all league matches as big games? Besides it is not as if we have never been beaten by relegation fodder before :)

Back