• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham v Dinamo Zagreb***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I found it boring to be honest. Must be another of his genius tactics to deflect criticism of his players.

There was nothing in there accepting any responsibility - its all the players and their attitude. Nothing about the system (or lack of one) or the way he sets them up

This has to be the end for him. Its embarrassing the way we are at the moment. He's taking us lower and lower

I agree. I find him totally lacking tge ability to inspire. Maybe that is why the players can't seem to get themselves up for games.

I think he knows he hasn't got it in him to turn these players around - usually he walks in, gives players a kick up the arse and motivates them on to success, that's not done the trick here so he's all out of ideas

I agree. I find him totally lacking tge ability to inspire. Maybe that is why the players can't seem to get themselves up for games.

I wouldn’t expect him to be inspirational after that. I’d expect him to be angry and hurt. He’s clearly fuming and you can see the hurt. I’d imagine some of the players will be getting a verbal rocket from him.

Sadly, I think he’s part of the problem though. He’s made a lot of questionable decisions, he’s used pretty awful tactics on many occasions. The players have seen that the emperor has no clothes in my opinion. Can understand fully why Levy rolled the dice but it’s been a failure. Time to get rid.

There was nothing in there accepting any responsibility - its all the players and their attitude. Nothing about the system (or lack of one) or the way he sets them up

This has to be the end for him. Its embarrassing the way we are at the moment. He's taking us lower and lower

It won't be unfortunately though, mate. He'll be in charge of the cup final.

It's the players and the manager. The defence is beyond brick. And the meteorology of the group is terrible. Mourinho's no healer, he's not going to get a tune out of this lot.
So what happened all of a sudden? After beating CIty and the Scum and tying Chelski and being top of the league everyone was saying how Jose had gotten all the players to pull in the same direction and fight as a team. Even in the first loss to Pool we still played outstanding and were unlucky not to get anything out of that game. And then with the Leicester game it's like the wheels fell off. What exactly happened around mid-December?

For real if we can't win a trophy with Mourinho, I wonder who we will win with? Nagelsmann? These players keep up with the demands of his tactics? Who? Klopp? Who exactly. We need to face up to the truth. We have a real problem with our playing squad.
What tactics? [emoji28]

I think he knows he hasn't got it in him to turn these players around - usually he walks in, gives players a kick up the arse and motivates them on to success, that's not done the trick here so he's all out of ideas

Have to agree, sadly.

So what happened all of a sudden? After beating CIty and the Scum and tying Chelski and being top of the league everyone was saying how Jose had gotten all the players to pull in the same direction and fight as a team. Even in the first loss to Pool we still played outstanding and were unlucky not to get anything out of that game. And then with the Leicester game it's like the wheels fell off. What exactly happened around mid-December?

I think he has a divisive, petty and vindictive personality which could easily turn people against him. I think that might lead to patchy ups and downs. Also I think that was the last hurrah of his tactics working. City are never gonna adjust for anyone and Arsenal were really in the pits back then.

That is indeed a mystery. We were top of the table ffs in mid December. What exactly happened? We can't blame injuries this time. We look a shadow of a team.

Which different manager? Pochettino? Zidane? It is up to the players once they get on the pitch. It is irritating. If these players cannot handle a so called easier training regime under Jose, how would they handle modern ball?
If it's just up to the players then the coach himself is utterly pointless. The purpose of a coach is to train the players to perform and to use whatever methods necessary to get the best performance out of the group. They can do this by being system based or motivation based or any combination of the two but that is their role and putpose. If you think that's not possible then there is no need for a coach and instead we should just send a random set of 11 players on to the pitch.

Motivation comes from the coach. Mentality is a reflection of the coach's ability to impart that upon the players. That was Mourinho primary strength earlier in his career. That seemingly has deserted him now.

Who reckons we will get 4th. Arsenal will win the Europa and Chelsea ( who we beat to 4th) win the CL! Thus knocking us out of PL places as there can't be 6 teams from one country. Now that really would be sexy!

That is indeed a mystery. We were top of the table ffs in mid December. What exactly happened? We can't blame injuries this time. We look a shadow of a team.
It was very early on in the season and like many of us said the results weren't sustainable with the way we were playing. It just caught up with us.

Who reckons we will get 4th. Arsenal will win the Europa and Chelsea ( who we beat to 4th) win the CL! Thus knocking us out of PL places as there can't be 6 teams from one country. Now that really would be sexy!
I don’t think the Goons will win Europa and I don’t think Chelsea will win the CL and I certainly don’t think we will be getting 4th so no need to worry:D....

Both Dier and Sanchez need Alderweireld beside them. It is obvious they can't play together.
99% of people on this board have said that numerous times . Yet 15 million notes a year to manage can’t see it .Just have to laugh really. The fact you play that CB pairing with Winks and Sissoko in front of it is scary.

hahaha, this fudging place is going to be entertaining for the next week or two

71lboicikun61.jpg

And to be fair, the score flatters Dinamo. We had much better chances and a better xG. Just didn't have our scoring boots on and they had theirs. Kinda like that Bayern game where we lost 7-2 and everything was going in for them, even though we had the better chances. The combined xG across both games was Spurs - Dinamo: 3.66 - 1.80. Still, it shouldn't have come to this after being 2-0 up in the first leg.

Back