• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ××××× TOTTENHAM HOTSPURS VS Villa ×××××××

Winger Aaron had to depart at half-time during Wednesday night’s Capital One Cup win against Brighton with a slight hamstring problem while Etienne missed out with a knee problem.

“At the moment they are both doubts and we’ll see how they recover in the next few days,” Mauricio told us on Thursday.

Nabil Bentaleb (ankle) remains out alongside Kyle Walker.

They're also discussing whether this would be a good idea:

magde4at569_0.jpg

Is this the background for a Townsend Spot the Ball competition?

I'm guessing the question marks are:

-Naughton or Dier - probably Naughton.
-2 out of Kaboul, Fazio and Vertonghen. Close between them, probably means that Kaboul keeps his place and I'm guessing Vertonghen gets the other one.
-Stambouli or Capoue. I'm guessing Capoue keeps his place and Stambouli is eased in a bit more, but could go either way.
-Kane/Soldado/Ade/Chadli. Guessing Eriksen is set to start again, Lamela definitely keeps his place so it's between those 4 for 2 starting positions. Wouldn't be surprised by either combination really I think.

Agreed. As composed as Capoue can look, under pressure from pacy players looking to counter-attack and press us in our half he seems to offer very little protection to our already often fragile back four. Stambouli seems to be quicker and more explosive in the tackle. I think a game away from home against a team in a worse state than us might actually be a far less pressurised debut than say a home game against Swansea or Hull.

I agree. Don't think Capoue offers enough protection. I like the cut of Stambouli's jig from what I have seen so far.

As long as Kane partners Soldado up top we will be alright.

What time is kickoff? Surely an essential piece of information for an OMT.

Players will turn up late now and we'll forfiet the damn match.

Is this the background for a Townsend Spot the Ball competition?

I think Townsend will become a decent player if he stops trying those stupid long-range shots and try to create chances for other players instead. Someone should tell him that he will never become the next Bale !

---------------Lloris-----------
Naughton----Dier---Verts -- Rose
Townsend--Stambouli--Eriksen-----Chadli
(but Lennon if fit)
-----------Soldado----
----------------------Kane

sub Lamela on for Soldado (or Kane) later on.

my team would be

---------------------Lloris---------------------

Naughton-----Fazio-----Vertonghen----Rose

------------Stambouli----Mason--------------

-----Lamela--------Kane---------Eriksen----

-------------------Soldado--------------------

I'd expect Pochettino to go the same team v Saudi Sportswashing Machine with Naughton at right back.

my team would be

---------------------Lloris---------------------

Naughton-----Fazio-----Vertonghen----Rose

------------Stambouli----Mason--------------

-----Lamela--------Kane---------Eriksen----

-------------------Soldado--------------------

I'd expect Pochettino to go the same team v Saudi Sportswashing Machine with Naughton at right back.

I like this team but I think that it might be a few too many changes at once.

Poch said today something like that he won't be pressured into playing Kane just because he is English and the fans like him. Strange comment, no?

He then followed it up by saying that Kane still has a lot to learn from Ade and Soldado! Even stranger, no? Hope he wasn't referring to Ade's commitment and bravery, or Sollys pace, power and goal scoring in the Premiership!

Looks like we will be stuck with Ade again against Villa.

Managers are often very stubborn, in ways I guess they need to be. But it's a high risk game. AVB's stubborness in preferring Friedel to Lloris was something that infuriated me, and I lost a lot of faith in him after that. Faith that was never restored, and so he didn't get any sympathy from me when he was sacked.

If Poch carries on ignoring Kane in the Prem, and we keep dropping points, he'll need a trophy elsehere to convince me it's a good strategy.

If Poch plays Ade and we lose, then his support will plummet like a lead balloon and he will only have himself to blame. Poch has had an easy ride so far in my opinion. We could be just outside the relegation zone for gods sake.

If he play's Ade then I fear he is clinically insane.

If Poch plays Ade and we lose, then his support will plummet like a lead balloon and he will only have himself to blame. Poch has had an easy ride so far in my opinion. We could be just outside the relegation zone for gods sake.

Funnily enough apparently (according to SSN) Villa are the team in the prem that Ade has scored the most goals against.

I think he'll play him (not for that reason though)

If we lose tomorrow that ride will definitely get bumpier, we will drop to 15th and could feasibly be sitting in 16th by Monday night. Stoke at home then becomes a must-win going into another international break, if it isnt already.

If we lose tomorrow that ride will definitely get bumpier, we will drop to 15th and could feasibly be sitting in 16th by Monday night. Stoke at home then becomes a must-win going into another international break, if it isnt already.

Guess what comes after the break? Hull, currently winless in three. They travel to Burnley next weekend. That has wounded animal written all over it.

Back