• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace

AberYid

Steven Caulker
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham Hotspur
Sunday August 18th
13:30
Live on Sky Sports 1HD from Selhurst Park

The first Super Sunday, the first Spurs game of the season. Away to a newly promoted side. We should smash em.

Lloris
Walker Dawson Fryers Rose
Paulinho Dembele
Townsend Sigurdsson Chadli
Soldado

Subs: Friedel, Kaboul, Naughton, Sandro, Huddlestone, Lennon, Defoe

Final Score: 1-5 (Soldado x 3, Dembele and Kaboul)

What is this?! No wonder you waited until the middle of the night before posting it!

But to think people will wake up to this on a Monday, you have just made Honey Badgers the World over mad.

Fryers at centre back in a real game?! What are you thinking? And how about the new signing or two between now & then, not good enough for the bench are they?!

We'll get thrashed 12-0 Gayle will score all 12.

----------Lloris-----------
Walker Dawson Fryers Rose
----Paulinho Dembele----
Lennon Sigurdsson Chadli
---------Soldado---------

1-2 (Soldado and Dembele)

Not you too...I really hope Fryers won't start on Sunday. I don't think it likely that he will but in 2 listed teams in a row?!

Not you too...I really hope Fryers won't start on Sunday. I don't think it likely that he will but in 2 listed teams in a row?!

Believe me I'd rather not have him in there but I can't see Kaboul starting in which case who the hell else is there. AvB has been playing him in that position in pre season for a reason.

If Kaboul and Sandro were fit enough to train all of pre-season and get a run out last weekend, they should be fine for this weekend.

So the team that should be picked is:

-------------Lloris---------------
Walker--Dawson--Kaboul--Ekotto
Lennon--Sandro--Dembele--Bale
---------Soldado---Adebayor----

In reality we'll end up with some sort of 4-2-3-1 mess, Bale won't play and if Dawson/Kaboul do partner each other they'll look a mess like they usually do when they partner each other at the back. Going to be a big season for Kaboul now that he doesn't have Gallas to hold his hand (he has only ever looked decent partnered next to Gallas IMO).

But we should have too much for Palace, and irrespective of the team picked the individual quality of our players will be enough to see us win this one 2-1.

There's still 6 days for us to conclude the signing of a centre back. I'm hoping that that's going to be what happens, if not then I'd have Kaboul in there.

Fryers has been there to make up the numbers recently but with Kaboul saying that he's fit, he'll be assessed before the game and if he's fit, he should start.

disastrous start with this OMT

Palace 6-2 Tottenham

-----------------Lloris-------------------
Walker----Dawson----Kaboul-----Rose
-----------Paulinho---Dembele---------
Lennon--------Siggy------------Chadli
----------------Soldado-----------------

I've been waiting for the OMT. Spurs first game on Sky - an omen for being chosen for live games many a time this season. I wonder if TH6061 or someone can pull up a stat for how many times each team gets played live on Sky / BT - this season? It seems to me Spurs are on more than Arsenal on first impressions.

As with Crystal Palace - an opening game against a newly promoted side adds to the pressure of expectation against this new crop of expensive players. A potential banana skin ofcourse, with the Selhurst Park atmosphere and London derby situation a new experience for our new signings. Should be a cracker.

------------Hugo----------
Walker-Dawson-Kaboul-Rose
-----------Sandro---------
----Paulinho---Dembele----
Lennon--------------Chadli
--------Carlton Cole-------

Well done Aberyid...nice and low key.....

agree with Maradona's team...that will start on Sunday....

No pressure but this is a must win........bale distraction's aside we should have too much for them in an ideal world.....also Jedinak may not play which weakens them.
NEED THE THREE POINTS. im going for 2-0 to us......

Chadli double.

Lloris

Walker Dawson Kaboul Rose

Paulinho Dembele

Lennon Sigurdsson Chadli

Soldado

Spurs to win 2-1 (Soldado & Chadli on debut)!

Good time for Palace to play us. They will be well up for it and I expect us to make our usual faltering start. 1-1, Soldado with our opener, followed by the inevitable set-piece concession. Both goals before half time.

Back