• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great we win and the still someone has to pick on a player, we really should spend £800-900 m and fill the team with the best players in the world then perhaps everyone will be happy, oh hang on we ain't got the money I blame Levy.

We are capable of winning with the odd player not having his best game. Not really picking on Trippier by saying he's not a good defender, he's not an accomplished defender, saying otherwise would be incorrect.

If we can't be honest in our assessment of the club, the players etc without someone saying we should spend £800m then we might as well just have one thread where everyone posts "In Poch and Levy we trust.. COYS"

I thought he was very good. Nothing came down his side, no brain farts and he added to the attack. He wasn’t flash and he wasn’t risky (his normal way of playing)

Trippier still feels to me like a weaker link because as good as his attacking can be his defending can be the opposite and we do concede more efforts down his side when he plays

Have to say rose and Davies worked the left really well yesterday. Davies bossed the air so well and Rose taught the arsenal kid a lesson

agree, makes a difference to have a left-footed centre back.

It's taken me hours to clean off all the custard and mustard I was rolling in after that superb result. What a lovely performance. The perfect response to the earlier result.

Since it's almost Christmas, with its 'ifs, buts, candy and nuts' I found myself contemplating this; if we'd earned a draw in that first game, we'd be 8 points up. A win and we'd be 11 points up.

As it stands, even after Arsenal had their pants-wetting unbeaten run and won a derby, even though we've had a crushingly demanding schedule and coped with constant injury problems all over the pitch, even though we've had to cope with all the stadium issues and play away more often than Lothario, even though we'll now be plagued with endless managerial speculation the rest of the season, we're five points up and through to the league cup semi final. All in all, a very satisfactory state of affairs.

agree, makes a difference to have a left-footed centre back.
Wonder if that’s a sign. Toby going, so we have Foyth & Sanchez right side, and Jan & Davies left side.

KWP to then understudy a reinvigorated Danny Rose at left back.

At least we're not Spurs. Their cheating is quite something to behold:lol:Threw the ball away, took longer to kick off then I take to poo, Kane fell on the ball and humped it for a few seconds, Ali ran the ball away for 45 yards, Rose dropped the ball accidentally on purpose taking a throw, snide little fouls here and there. I want us to manage games, not like that, thank you.

I wonder what it's like to support a team that always plays fair and never cheats...

Smith sounded like he was really hoping Son’s would be ruled out by VAR too. There was one in the last game that he got wrongly called for when he would have been clean through too, do they let play go on when VAR is in use now as it’s not something you can rectify if it gets blown up incorrectly? (That could have been Alli’s excuse for his booking!)

Smith would’ve been offside due to his giant fudging hooter!!!!

Anyone remember a dreadful night at West Brom a decade+ ago over the holidays when it was minus 2, Rasiak was upfront and we lost 2-0? The only joy was that whenever the lights went on in the TV booth, we all loudly sang “Big nose, he’s got a fudging big nose!” at beaky, and as soon as the light went off, stopped singing on cue! Epic!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Absolutely, re the last game. Our return match with them is a few days after the return Chelsea game which is a midweek game. the good thing though is everyone, including Arsenal, will be playing midweek so no easy street "just play the kids" build-up for them, though obviously us is a harder game.

Hopefully we can park the bus and hit on the break at Chelsea before going full throttle vs Arsenal and then parking the bus again in Germany.

Exciting times either way. COYS

If we can uncover some ready to roll transfer gem, it would help; or get one of Wanyama or Demble back and in beast mode. So far Poch has done phenomenally, managing to get Skipp involved, constantly changing the back 4, and we've just about got away with it. For xmas and beyond, the huge games coming up, we need fit fresh players. Can Spurs pull a rabit or two out the hat?

Winks was a real bonus last night. Didn't get too much of a mention, but his ability to turn a man drive forward and pass can be a real asset.

Last edited:
We are capable of winning with the odd player not having his best game. Not really picking on Trippier by saying he's not a good defender, he's not an accomplished defender, saying otherwise would be incorrect.

If we can't be honest in our assessment of the club, the players etc without someone saying we should spend £800m then we might as well just have one thread where everyone posts "In Poch and Levy we trust.. COYS"

Most people posting on here about transfers seem to think we should be spending that type of money as they have no idea of the reality of our situation and I've no problem with questioning players ability but feel the time was not right after an important victory when that should be something to celebrate rather than start ********* is brick campaign. In time people will realise these are the good times and should make the most of them.

If we can uncover some ready to roll transfer gem, it would help; or get one of Wanyama or Demble back and in beast mode. So far Poch has done phenomenally, managing to get Skipp involved, constantly changing the back 4, and we've just about got away with it. For xmas and beyond, the huge games coming up, we need fit fresh players. Can Spurs pull a rabit or two out the hat?

Winks was a real bonus last night. Didn't get too much of a mention, but his ability to turn a man drive forward and pass can be a real asset.
Winks was fudging pants! Constantly lost the ball, didn't track runs, and the customary Parker piruettes when an early pass was the better option. Honestly, he's had 1 good game this season. In the others he's been average at best, and yesterday was well below average!

Winks was fudging pants! Constantly lost the ball, didn't track runs, and the customary Parker piruettes when an early pass was the better option. Honestly, he's had 1 good game this season. In the others he's been average at best, and yesterday was well below average!

I agree he wasn't great. But with us turning to Skipp, it was a bonus to have him back. ANd while he wasn't as good as he can be, there were moments where he kept possession and transitioned us into attack.

That was my review of his performance too. I remember having given Parker the nickname ‘360’, for his number of pointless spins. I don’t want to have to use that moniker again for Winks. I’ll give him time to recover his game, but this was not the Winks that played against Real Madrid last season and won over a lot of people. Perhaps he’s still recovering from injuries, and getting his game back.

I think we will make one signing and it will be club record fee.

Don’t get people too excited on here with this kinda talk...they’re already over excited with all the jelly and custard. I hope it’s the right player, irrespective of the fee. I’d rather us pay less than the club record fee for a player that would improve the squad, than have us pay a world record fee for a player that we really don’t actually need..that would be too reminiscent of when we signed David Bentley.

Don’t get people too excited on here with this kinda talk...they’re already over excited with all the jelly and custard. I hope it’s the right player, irrespective of the fee. I’d rather us pay less than the club record fee for a player that would improve the squad, than have us pay a world record fee for a player that we really don’t actually need..that would be too reminiscent of when we signed David Bentley.

I don't think we sign just anyone, it will be a high level but not elite player for maybe £45-50m.
Most likely a cm and one who isn't getting game time at his current club.

Looking at the highlights again and just have to laugh at how brick of a stadium the Emirates is. Distance from pitch to stands are almost West Ham-like. What a brickhole, hahahaha. :D

Looking at the highlights again and just have to laugh at how brick of a stadium the Emirates is. Distance from pitch to stands are almost West Ham-like. What a brickhole, hahahaha. :D

Oh? I thought Dele played well and scored a world-class goal?

A stadium is just grass and seats.

Let us not turn into a bunch stadiumists!;)

Back