• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Beautiful. Simply fudging beautiful!!

Back in your boxes Gooners:cool:

Dele Alli, world class player, world class shhusher

COYMFS

P.S. - How good was Davies alongside Alderwiereld? Simply wow

I thought Iwobi was average personally, couldn’t believe how much Redknapp was raving about him at HT and at the end of the match. Thought I’d missed something, but my Gooner season ticket holder mate who was there text saying (without any prompting) “iwobi terrible again”.

Interestingly, I thought Trippier looked a better player once Iwobi came off

Trippier has a habit of losing his man as he ball watches it happened a few times last night in our final third, add to the fact his distribution was very poor and he struggled to contain Iwobi for 58 minutes, it wasn't a great evening for him.
Was still better than Aurier's performance a few weeks ago here. Could really do with a new right back... or just give KWP a proper run.

Iwobi is useless. Every time the ball got to him you could relax as the attack was basically over.
That's how I felt. He was good without ever worrying me.

Only people that concerned me was Aubamayeng and Ramsay. Lacazette when he came on obviously carries a goal threat. If we had a proper centre midfield (take me back to peak Wanyama and Dembele which will never happen again), we would destroy these lot.

Only people that concerned me was Aubamayeng and Ramsay. Lacazette when he came on obviously carries a goal threat. If we had a proper centre midfield (take me back to peak Wanyama and Dembele which will never happen again), we would destroy these lot.

Aubameyang was really blunt to me and looked knackered

When he was on his hot streak he scored with every shot he had

That changed for him

Don’t get me wrong i think he is a very good striker but I do wonder if the amount of games he is playing will hurt him now

Absolutely; Maybe instead of 'proper' you meant top notch, as Winks is coming into his own, but as you say Sissoko is more utility player atm With Poch also playing Davies at centre-back, you can see how Poch has built the squad with many of the players being very flexible in that they can play multiple positions. Not sure how long we can get away with our current midfield over the season so you hope we have a plan to bring one in January. Here's hoping anyway.

Aubameyang was really blunt to me and looked knackered

When he was on his hot streak he scored with every shot he had

That changed for him

Don’t get me wrong i think he is a very good striker but I do wonder if the amount of games he is playing will hurt him now

Agreed. Them not having Welbeck to call on for rotation etc is perhaps starting to hurt them. Plus Aubameyang is getting on now so physically he is maybe starting to feel it..

Agreed. Them not having Welbeck to call on for rotation etc is perhaps starting to hurt them. Plus Aubameyang is getting on now so physically he is maybe starting to feel it..

He isn’t that old though is he

I just think the pace that we play at in this league hurts the very best and it’s harder to adapt in a weaker side

We wouldn’t have lost 4-2 if we had the same amount of rest they had, of that I’m sure (we may well have lost still though)

400%. Tripps is a perfectly capable back up, but we need a first choice RB.

Aurier though when he has been playing with a normal programme of games has been very good IMO

Easy for people to forget that the 4-2 game wasn’t auriers third that week and him and others suffered a lot in that game because of it

Aurier though when he has been playing with a normal programme of games has been very good IMO

Easy for people to forget that the 4-2 game wasn’t auriers third that week and him and others suffered a lot in that game because of it
I just don’t see what others do in Aurier. He was ok in the previous 2 games before the Arsenal one, but no more than a 7/10 performance and that’s about as well as he’s played for us, IMO of course.

He isn’t that old though is he

I just think the pace that we play at in this league hurts the very best and it’s harder to adapt in a weaker side

We wouldn’t have lost 4-2 if we had the same amount of rest they had, of that I’m sure (we may well have lost still though)

Absolutely, re the last game. Our return match with them is a few days after the return Chelsea game which is a midweek game. the good thing though is everyone, including Arsenal, will be playing midweek so no easy street "just play the kids" build-up for them, though obviously us is a harder game.

Hopefully we can park the bus and hit on the break at Chelsea before going full throttle vs Arsenal and then parking the bus again in Germany.

Exciting times either way. COYS

I just don’t see what others do in Aurier. He was ok in the previous 2 games before the Arsenal one, but no more than a 7/10 performance and that’s about as well as he’s played for us, IMO of course.

I thought he was very good. Nothing came down his side, no brain farts and he added to the attack. He wasn’t flash and he wasn’t risky (his normal way of playing)

Trippier still feels to me like a weaker link because as good as his attacking can be his defending can be the opposite and we do concede more efforts down his side when he plays

Have to say rose and Davies worked the left really well yesterday. Davies bossed the air so well and Rose taught the arsenal kid a lesson

I thought he was very good. Nothing came down his side, no brain farts and he added to the attack. He wasn’t flash and he wasn’t risky (his normal way of playing)

Trippier still feels to me like a weaker link because as good as his attacking can be his defending can be the opposite and we do concede more efforts down his side when he plays

Have to say rose and Davies worked the left really well yesterday. Davies bossed the air so well and Rose taught the arsenal kid a lesson
Yea like I say I just don’t see the Aurier thing, he doesn’t do it for me.

Maitland Niles looked well out of place too. He was a winger IIRC although never looked all that at U21. Might work out in the long run I guess.

This game was the tactical plan Poch has been trying to execute on the big Emirates pitch for a while. I think Moura may have finally been the missing 'running from deep' piece.
Could it give us a template for away games at the other top 6 i wonder?

Maitland Niles looked well out of place too. He was a winger IIRC although never looked all that at U21. Might work out in the long run I guess.
Thought Rose completely intimidated him. He looked like a good prospect to me previously.

That is a very good point tbf. Aurier suffered as most others who had played 3 games in a week against top opposition.

Back