• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City ***

DJ7uHPdW0AAZ94a.jpg

DJ7uHsdW0AA7HWP.jpg

DJ7uGQbW0AA82e9.jpg

People can blame whatever they want but it was the exact same as against Chelsea and Burnley.

We struggle to create good chances against any team that is compact and can defend well.

That is why I thought the hype around last week's performance against an open Everton team was over the top.
Dortmund were ridiculously naive. They might be top of the Bundesliga but I would fancy Burnley's chances against them.

I have to admit that I had alarm bells ringing when Dier took a free kick early in the game instead of Eriksen. That along with Son playing as a left wing-back seemed to me to show an air of complacency that it was 'only Swansea and we'll score eventually'.

People can blame whatever they want but it was the exact same as against Chelsea and Burnley.

We struggle to create good chances against any team that is compact and can defend well.

That is why I thought the hype around last week's performance against an open Everton team was over the top.
Dortmund were ridiculously naive. They might be top of the Bundesliga but I would fancy Burnley's chances against them.

We created 5 good ones. Against Burnley the same again. We are not finishing or getting the rub. Let us revisit at Xmas. The fact is we will have more fun away because most teams away don't put their entire team in their own half...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

We created 5 good ones. Against Burnley the same again. We are not finishing or getting the rub. Let us revisit at Xmas. The fact is we will have more fun away because most teams away don't put their entire team in their own half...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

By xmas it will be too late! We're letting our rivals get a run on us already when we should be plying pressure given the nature of the opponents (see Man Utd).

Let's all (I include myself here) not get this out of proportion.
The main reason for all our understandable frustration was the crushing disappointment between the excellent 'result' on Wednesday and the not so good one on Sunday.

Time to move on, as dwelling on it won't change a thing except wind ourselves up even further.

this reminds me of a game against coventry at home in the 90's, i remember the post match report saying we had enough chances to win 3 games, let alone 1, but what great saves did fabianski have to make in the 2nd half? We couldn't shoot on target most of the time, Dean didnt want to give us a pen today and he shouldn't have to, maybe the team need to watch how the likes of Real Madrid break down teams each week because they have this in every game they play, we could have played another 90 mins and not scored.

this reminds me of a game against coventry at home in the 90's, i remember the post match report saying we had enough chances to win 3 games, let alone 1, but what great saves did fabianski have to make in the 2nd half? We couldn't shoot on target most of the time, Dean didnt want to give us a pen today and he shouldn't have to, maybe the team need to watch how the likes of Real Madrid break down teams each week because they have this in every game they play, we could have played another 90 mins and not scored.

Same Madrid who with Modric/Bale/Benezema/Marcelo/Isco/Ronaldo/etc. has already drawn 2 out of their 4 games? despite an even bigger disparity in spending in that league.

Every team has results that don't go their way, especially when the opposition has no real intention of playing or winning.

People need to remember last season we drew quite a few in the start and still were able to make a run at it.

Same Madrid who with Modric/Bale/Benezema/Marcelo/Isco/Ronaldo/etc. has already drawn 2 out of their 4 games? despite an even bigger disparity in spending in that league.

Every team has results that don't go their way, especially when the opposition has no real intention of playing or winning.

People need to remember last season we drew quite a few in the start and still were able to make a run at it.

Madrid have missed each of them in various games this season, Marcelo and Ronaldo have both had suspensions, Modric, Benzema and Bale have missed games with knocks

Madrid have missed each of them in various games this season, Marcelo and Ronaldo have both had suspensions, Modric, Benzema and Bale have missed games with knocks

Mate, their B team is quite ok ... yet they still don't get the results everytime (my original point) ..

Put just one of those players in our team (Modric or Bale) and I'd argue we would have a shot at the PL title ..

This was a very disappointing result. It looks like we still have not overcome the Wembley jinx. It seems the team is still not comfortable playing at Wemley. Even Kane looked nervous before the match. We rarely fail to score at home and so this is hard to accept. This 0-0 result is up there with the worst ever 0-0 draw for us, imcluding the 0-0 draw with Sunderland and Bournemouth last season.

Disappointingly, we didn't look like scoring and all the shots were direct at the goalie or hit the post. All our key players were poor in this match, including Kane. Kane should have done better with the open goal chance from which he hit the post in the second half. Alli wasted a free header to score. Others like Son and Eriksen had chances which they should have done better. Thought Florente would come on to score the winner but he didn't even touch the ball much after coming on.

This match proves we still lack a match winner in tight matches. We need a creative midfielder who can unlock tight defences. Unfortunately, Eriksen was poor in this match and even wasted a few freekicks from dangerous positions. Sissoko had another poor match and didn't have much impact.

Glad our defence kept the clean sheet but Swansea didn't even have any shots on our goal. As we became desperate to score as the match progressed, was worried Swansea might sneak a late goal. But they didn't even try for that.

Remember, we have won 11 and drawn 2 of our last 13 matches with Swansea now. With such an excellent record, we really should have won this match. Hope we can improve our performance and results at Wembley in the coming matches.

I have to admit that I had alarm bells ringing when Dier took a free kick early in the game instead of Eriksen. That along with Son playing as a left wing-back seemed to me to show an air of complacency that it was 'only Swansea and we'll score eventually'.
You really think we'd have created more chances with Davies at LWB than Son? He came close to scoring twice, set up one of our best chances with a low ball across the face of the goal and generally looked our most threatening forward. Meanwhile Swansea hardly got near our goal all game so Davies would have been twiddling his thumbs.

Back