• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum ***

NLS

Gordon Durie
Carabao Cup semi final first leg
Wednesday 5 January
7.45 pm ko at their place...
Live on Sky.

We must play our full strength/Conte's favourite side for this game..

Lloris
Sanchez Dier Davies
Skipp Hojbjerg
Reguillon Emerson
Moura Kane Son

We will have had a longish rest from the Watford game and only have Morecambe on Sunday...

Chelscum have had a really tough game today which is perfect for us and a mate of mine who supports them even thinks that they will play the kids...

COYS

Last edited:
Think it'll be tight and cagey. Max 1 goal in it.

I'll go for a 1-1 draw, which probably works for us

If they play anywhere near as well as they did against Liverpool we'll be in for a hell of a fight.

We pose a rather different challenge than Liverpool of course so that obviously changes things.

They do seem vulnerable at the back at times, hopefully we can take advantage of that.

If they play anywhere near as well as they did against Liverpool we'll be in for a hell of a fight.

We pose a rather different challenge than Liverpool of course so that obviously changes things.

They do seem vulnerable at the back at times, hopefully we can take advantage of that.
Playing devils advocate a bit, but did they look more worthy of a win v Pool than we did the other week?

Keep the score down and bring it back to our gaff with a one-goal deficit at max, and that's enough to be going on with.

I see chatter saying they'll rotate to rest players, and will have others missing through AFCON, etc, etc.

We thought the exact same thing against Soton - they ran their legs off against West Ham, while we cruised against Palace, they'll be knackered. Didn't work out that way.

They'll be dangerous, we'll be on the back foot for much of the game. The deciding game has to be at our place - that's enough for me.

Our toughest game yet with Conte in charge. Hope we play our strongest team, even if they do rest players it will be a challenge and a good test of how we are progressing as a team and players. I think a draw is the best result we could get and need to avoid getting into a kick fest.

I would go with 3 CM's to try to win the midfield battle against their 2 CM's, and play 2 up front. Play Moura as an attacking wb.
Lloris
Sanchez, Dier, Davies
Moura, Højbjerg, Skipp, Winks/Ndombele, Reguilon
Kane, Son

Playing devils advocate a bit, but did they look more worthy of a win v Pool than we did the other week?

Good question, I don't have an answer. They were really good though and I think Liverpool had at the very least more first choice midfielders available against them.

They did play really well regardless.

If we play anywhere near as well as we did against Liverpool there're be in for a hell of a fight :D

No doubt. Liverpool suited us on the day at least, probably the same van be said for Chelsea.

Liverpool game wash probably our strongest performance in quite a while. If we can find another performance like that I'd be very happy.

I know Chelsea have Chesterfield in the Cup at the weekend but it's very useful for us to have Morecambe as we can rotate quite heavily for that one

Full strength team for us for both legs !!

@NLS you need to change "They" in your original post.

You mean "We".

I had to read it 3 times to understand what you were on about.

Cheatski certainly looked knackered after the Pool game, and have 711 players out with injury and covid, but always find a way. E.g. yesterday when Kovacic was going backwards and suddenly wanged one top bins.

Posted at 15:0315:03
Covid in the Spurs squad
Chelsea v Tottenham (Wed,19:45 GMT)

Conte on possible Covid issues within his squad:

"We are checking a couple of situations, so we'll see. I can't say who because we didn't do that in the past."

Back