• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum ***

So if Dier is out with covid, what's our back 3....Sanchez, Davies plus Tanganga or Rodon? We'd be missing our best two CBs with the ball (and best two CBs full stop actually)....not sure I'd be massively confident with any combo of those 4 with the ball

So if Dier is out with covid, what's our back 3....Sanchez, Davies plus Tanganga or Rodon? We'd be missing our best two CBs with the ball (and best two CBs full stop actually)....not sure I'd be massively confident with any combo of those 4 with the ball
Is the Covid link legit?

Only until Chelski have won the first leg, then it'll become a one legged affair.

If so, we'd better sign these guys pronto -

Wally Foot ... legendary Neasden FC keeper

Mister Spiggot ... enthusiasm on tap

John Silver ... for his long ball

Waylon Jennings ... pulling the strings

Ted Kennedy Jr ... bridges gap from box to box, unlike dad

Cole Porter ... orchestrating the midfield

Terry Fox ... wont stop running

Bob Kerrey ... could Seal the deal

Bill Veeck ... one of the big guns

Tom Whittaker ... will scale the heights in the box

Peter Stuyvesant ... WARNING - may smoke out gaps in their defence​

If so, we'd better sign these guys pronto -

Wally Foot ... legendary Neasden FC keeper

Mister Spiggot ... enthusiasm on tap

John Silver ... for his long ball

Waylon Jennings ... pulling the strings

Ted Kennedy Jr ... bridges gap from box to box, unlike dad

Cole Porter ... orchestrating the midfield

Terry Fox ... wont stop running

Bob Kerrey ... could Seal the deal

Bill Veeck ... one of the big guns

Tom Whittaker ... will scale the heights in the box

Peter Stuyvesant ... WARNING - may smoke out gaps in their defence​

Erik Lamela on the bench.

Assuming the current starting front three are available, go with a midfield three like against Liverpool or the front three we've used in most games?

Assuming the current starting front three are available, go with a midfield three like against Liverpool or the front three we've used in most games?
Think it will be the more conservative line up so Skipp Hojbjerg and Moura, The Liverpool game seemed to be a specific selection and despite the fact most of us enjoyed it the fact Dele and Ndombele haven’t started and been rarely used even when we were looking for a goal makes me think Conte felt we ceded too many chances in that game. Plus this leg is as about making sure we stay in the tie, so expect we will look to keep it tight and try and hit them in the corner which Moura is good for.
Edit: and Dele and Ndombele may get a run out against Morecambe?

Think it will be the more conservative line up so Skipp Hojbjerg and Moura, The Liverpool game seemed to be a specific selection and despite the fact most of us enjoyed it the fact Dele and Ndombele haven’t started and been rarely used even when we were looking for a goal makes me think Conte felt we ceded too many chances in that game. Plus this leg is as about making sure we stay in the tie, so expect we will look to keep it tight and try and hit them in the corner which Moura is good for.

Cleaned my boots as I have a good chance of replacing Lo Celso on Sunday.

-------------------Lloris
------Sanchez---Dier-----Davies
-Royal-----Skipp------Winks---Reguillon
----------------Lo Celso
------------Kane-------Moura

I would have thought a midfield three, being able to keep the midfield more compact and crowded would be more consecutive?

I agree that a front three is probably mainly a counter attacking strategy, but it's one that also leaves us with a risk of getting exposed, thus more risk?

I would have thought a midfield three, being able to keep the midfield more compact and crowded would be more consecutive?

I agree that a front three is probably mainly a counter attacking strategy, but it's one that also leaves us with a risk of getting exposed, thus more risk?
My preference is for a 352 as think it gets Son closer to Kane and the opportunity for a passer in the middle but other than Liverpool Conte seems to have gone 343, so it’s my prediction that he’ll stick to what seems to be his trusted 11.
If he did go for 3 in midfield who would you like to see there?

My preference is for a 352 as think it gets Son closer to Kane and the opportunity for a passer in the middle but other than Liverpool Conte seems to have gone 343, so it’s my prediction that he’ll stick to what seems to be his trusted 11.

For me I think we need Alli, or if fit and training well perhaps, maybe Lo Celso? But, no. Alli. Someone with the legs and attacking movement to join up with the front players often enough and well enough.

Then... I don't really think it's Ndombele at all. I don't think it's Lo Celso (fitness, form). So Winks (his best role opens up with a three) and either Hojbjerg or Skipp. Possibly them two instead of Winks, but I think Winks.

It depends on Chelsea's formation. We can be more exposed on the flanks with 2 up top.

Not so bad if they are 3 at the back...as it then becomes WB v WB

It depends on Chelsea's formation. We can be more exposed on the flanks with 2 up top.

True.

Don't really know who Chelsea are likely to start with or in which formation.

Is they start with their strongest midfield three (Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic) up against a midfield two for us that's a real mismatch and I think that is rather likely to make it a counter attacking game for us. That's not a necessarily a bad thing at all, we're usually good at that and Chelsea will have some vulnerabilities.

We would have to successfully absorb quite a bit of pressure though.

For me I think we need Alli, or if fit and training well perhaps, maybe Lo Celso? But, no. Alli. Someone with the legs and attacking movement to join up with the front players often enough and well enough.

Then... I don't really think it's Ndombele at all. I don't think it's Lo Celso (fitness, form). So Winks (his best role opens up with a three) and either Hojbjerg or Skipp. Possibly them two instead of Winks, but I think Winks.
Thing with Alli was I thought he was excellent against Liverpool but then had another anonymous showing SCBC.

I think he’d go Winks too but with Hojbjerg and Skipp as well I just don’t believe that asks enough questions of them - Moura starting may help peg Alonso back too. Agree Ndombele is truly out of favour and it feels too early to see if he rates Lo Celso.

True.

Don't really know who Chelsea are likely to start with or in which formation.

Is they start with their strongest midfield three (Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic) up against a midfield two for us that's a real mismatch and I think that is rather likely to make it a counter attacking game for us. That's not a necessarily a bad thing at all, we're usually good at that and Chelsea will have some vulnerabilities.

We would have to successfully absorb quite a bit of pressure though.
I think part of the reason for our centre backs looking better recently is they haven’t been asked to absorb as much pressure as we did under Mourinho and Nuno. I’d be worried if we invite Chelsea on too much, there’s also the possibility of Dier being out if the covid rumour is true which will mean a new face in the back 3.

It likely we are going to end up facing 2 types of matches going forward. The teams that sit back against us and teams we counter against (or a more end to end game).

When a team sits back I think the 352 is the route to go. Kane and Son closer and a space for a 10. I'd go Lo Celso at the moment as a potential lock picker. I'd also consider Bergwijn or Moura as a RWB. Against Watford and 2nd half Saints our RWB is constantly parked advanced on the right wing so suits Plus I have full trust in them physically and to put the yards in if they have to run back.

I'd stick with 343 in the other games. I am beginning to want Skipp and Winks as the pivot pairing though.

Back