• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Cardiff City, Sunday 22nd September***

Changing the subject, Just saw this on the bbc report:

But the focus was back at the other end when Sigurdsson's drive - a strike so powerful it turned out to have burst the ball - came back off the cross-bar and Soldado's first-time follow-up produced a two-footed block from Marshall.

Impressive

More likely that plus Soldado's rasping follow up kicked out by the keeper, the ball got smoshed smashed smeshed and just gave up the ghost

Agreed.

Said this in another thread too, Kane was impressive for me today. Kept it simple, had a good effort on goal and produced one excellent cross. Seemed to be thriving in the Ade role today and has looked promising in the few glimpses we've seen of him this season.

i was really surprised how well Kane did when he came on, makes me think he just isnt suited to playing up top on his own. He showed some intelligent touches and movement today.

i was really surprised how well Kane did when he came on, makes me think he just isnt suited to playing up top on his own. He showed some intelligent touches and movement today.

We all dream of a team of number 10s/AMs/creative forwards/'in the hole' players.

Normally I'd think - just not going to be our day but I honestly feel we'll score.

Would swap Dembele for Sandro though and perhaps Andros for Lamela.

But please …. let’s do it earlier. [-o<

Paulinho has done absolutely nothing the whole game.

Better late than never.

carcelebs2bfde9.gif

Lamela at the end :lol:

Perhaps we should have worn the laces.:-"

Games like this could go a long way in gelling the team together much quicker.

That dog-pile at the end was just awesome

I really like Holtby as a player, but even if he was worthless we should have him on the bench so he could join in on the celebrations, he is always in the thick of it after we've scored

Where was Freund by the way?

Today seemed like a classic Freund celebration but I never saw him?

****. Thats not good with Villa on Tuesday. So annoying that when we have games and we need our great squad we are without, Defoe, Rose, Chadli, Lennon, Adebayor, Capoue

True, but adversity may provide opportunity. No way Kane gets any minutes today if JD fit.

Also, regardless of some of the negativity before the goal, I thought this was a great performance. Huge amounts of chances, weren't too bothered in defence for huge swathes of the game and the team looked a lot more cohesive. Not many teams will win at this stadium in this season imo.

Would like to score a lot more goals of course but if you're not conceding, you're not losing.

Look at this for example, from 2004/2005:

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2004-2005/table/2004-10-16

Chelsea first 9 games, 8 goals scored, 2 conceded, 20 points. Ended up destroying the league that season.

Agree.

https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD

• This is only the second time since the 1960s that Spurs have won four of their opening five games
  • Tottenham have only scored five times this season but have conceded fewer goals than any other side this season (1)
  • Four of Tottenham’s five Premier League games this season have ended 1-0 (W3 L1).
  • Tottenham’s goal came with their 29th and final shot of the game – more than any other team has managed this season

Outstanding performance I thought. Bar the 75th to 85th minute we completely dominated them creating chances at will.

I cannot believe some of the negative comments I've read here today, some people need to get in to the real world.

Townsend was one of our better players today as well, looked like making something happen almost everytime he had the ball, especially first half. Ran out of legs a bit in the second and correct sub was made.

This. Barring a 10 minute spell in the 2nd half I suspect most of the Cardiff team forgot what a football even looks like they saw so little of it.

How about some respect for the OMT?

It was a tricky game which we had no guarantee of winning, but the stats won through in the end.

unfortunately you have an average OMT record and for the sake of the club you should keep away for the rest of the season. You are the stats man so know your place

Paulinho seriously saved your a$$

Back