• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund ***

Its very different and it wouldn't be TOB or ME ahead of Foyth given the very different positions. I don't see that we have many other attacking options available so TOB or ME seem like they would need to be involved. At the back, there are a few more options as you yourself said in a separate post which would mean that Foyth isn't needed, and its probably more risky playing a rookie CB with limited/no experience of our system compared to playing a rookie in attacking positions. If we get an injury at CB, we'd either go 4-2-3-1 or move Dier or Davies to CB

I understand the options if we do not have a CB on the bench and have posted the same further up the thread.

----------------------Lloris----------------------------

-----------Alder----Sanchez----Verts------------
--Aurier----------------------------------Davies

-----------------Dier---------Dembele-------------

--------------Son--------------------Eriksen----------
------------------------Kane--------------------------

subs: Vorm, Trippier, KWP, Winks, Oakley-Boothe, Edwards, Llorente

Bench looks a bit thread-bare.....but if we're missing Rose, Wanyama, Lamela, Sissoko, Janssen (not eligible), Dele suspended and I'm assuming GKN cant make it, then I'm not sure who I'm missing. I'm assuming Foyth isn't familiar enough with the way we play etc so not point putting him on the bench

Squad feels a bit thin in CM after the Gomes thing didn't happen

That's one way of putting it I guess :D

How do you know that Foyth is ready to step into CL football? Have you seen him play? I know he's the next available CB however he realistically wouldn't ever be brought on, isn't it better to have KWP on the bench? I know KWP is also at a similar stage in his career however he's familiar with the system, team-mates etc so would be more likely to be used than Foyth

We've got options there. Dier could drop back or Davies could go into the back three or we can switch to a back four.

I don't think Foyth is ready to step right in or anything - he's only got about a dozen top flight games to his credit across his career so far, all in Argentina (iirc), so the prospect of him flawlessly stepping against Dortmund is a pipe dream.

I just feel uncomfortable with going into any match without a dedicated CB on the bench, that's all. It's just a bugbear of mine - personally, I feel like a CB on the bench is always an insurance option that needs to be present, even if we have the options of shifting Dier or Davies to make up for any gap. It ranks up there just behind having a goalie on the bench as absolutely essential, for me - maybe I'm just curmudgeonly that way. :p

I don't think Foyth is ready to step right in or anything - he's only got about a dozen top flight games to his credit across his career so far, all in Argentina (iirc), so the prospect of him flawlessly stepping against Dortmund is a pipe dream.

I just feel uncomfortable with going into any match without a dedicated CB on the bench, that's all. It's just a bugbear of mine - personally, I feel like a CB on the bench is always an insurance option that needs to be present, even if we have the options of shifting Dier or Davies to make up for any gap. It ranks up there just behind having a goalie on the bench as absolutely essential, for me - maybe I'm just curmudgeonly that way. :p

For what it is worth, I think that he'll probably make the bench, I was just trying to point out that there are other options.

I wonder if KWP might get selected for the bench more often than the usual full back understudies this season because he can play both sides.

For what it is worth, I think that he'll probably make the bench, I was just trying to point out that there are other options.

I wonder if KWP might get selected for the bench more often than the usual full back understudies this season because he can play both sides.

Fair enough - there are other options. It's just a personal preference, is all.

As for KWP, I think he'll get selected for the bench a lot, *once* Aurier is integrated into the side. I suspect that once that happens, KWP will take that full-back spot on the bench on a roughly regular basis, while one of Davies (if Rose is fit) or Dier (if Wanyama is fit) will take that ostensible CB spot. Trippier will possibly be the one to miss out in that scenario, because of his relative lack of versatility compared to KWP (LB,RB), Dier (CB, RB, DM) and Davies (LB, CB).

I was pleased with what I saw yesterday and particularly the wing backs who overperformed and were outstanding. Sissoko did okay and made several mistakes but did not make a mistake around 90% of the time which is his normal career level to date imo. So he gets a 5 or 6 out of 10 by normal standards of analysis, although for him and his own low level he gets a 10 out of 10. I also predicted the game correctly because of course we all predict outcomes but are aware that in football anything can happen, so we are not going to caveat everything we predict with very unlikely events. Lucky for us that such very unlikely events did occur i.e. we were outstanding despite certain selections and everton were absolutely woeful.

Lloris
Alderweireld Sánchez Vertonghen
Aurier Dier Dembélé Walker-Peters
Eriksen Son
Kane

Subs: Vorm, Foyth, Trippier, Davies, Winks, Oakley-Boothe, Llorente

Wow major fudge up from Poch and akin to the decision to play Son at lwb and trippier over Walker at rwb in the semi.

Not a game to be carrying passengers in this one and my GHod we have one hell of a passenger in our central midfield. All the more laughable when we have Winks ready and able on the bench.

No victory here today peeps and can only hope that when sissoko royally fudges up in this game or one in the future, the manager will finally see the light.

Extremely concerning decision from the boss.

I was pleased with what I saw yesterday and particularly the wing backs who overperformed and were outstanding. Sissoko did okay and made several mistakes but did not make a mistake around 90% of the time which is his normal career level to date imo. So he gets a 5 or 6 out of 10 by normal standards of analysis, although for him and his own low level he gets a 10 out of 10. I also predicted the game correctly because of course we all predict outcomes but are aware that in football anything can happen, so we are not going to caveat everything we predict with very unlikely events. Lucky for us that such very unlikely events did occur i.e. we were outstanding despite certain selections and everton were absolutely woeful.

Lloris
Eriksen Son
Kane

o_O

Ok Donald.

I found the Wembley monkey

hull%2520fc%2520monkey%2520wembley.jpg

Both Marc Bartra and Schmelzer had to be subbed before 30 minutes in yesterday's game. Hopefully they won't be back for Wednesday. Seems like they have a few injuries atm.
Screenshot_20170910-191009.png

I understand the options if we do not have a CB on the bench and have posted the same further up the thread.

....which I acknowledged in my post. Your previous post seemed to be questioning why I would have TOB and ME on the bench, rather than Foyth. Maybe I mis-understood the point you were making

Agree to an extent - it looks a bit odd not having a CB on the bench, particularly when you have two full-backs on the bench like we did at the weekend. I always felt going into this window that we were a senior CB short. We're more or less in the same position in terms of numbers at CB that we were last season based on Sanchez/Foyth in, Wimmer and CCV out. With Wanyama out, one injury or suspension to TA, DS, JV or ED and we probably can't play 3 at the back for a period

Both Marc Bartra and Schmelzer had to be subbed before 30 minutes in yesterday's game. Hopefully they won't be back for Wednesday. Seems like they have a few injuries atm.
View attachment 3617

Good to see! Cant say that I know all of them however it looks like at least 5 internationals out for them. Then again, we'll potentially be missing 5 with Rose, Lamela, Wanyama and Dele definitely missing and Sissoko probably doubtful. That's a pretty decent group...

Lloris
Eriksen Son
Kane

Wow you clearly are a bit deluded aren't you!

You would also drop Davies in the form he's in for a young kid with no Champions League experience against Dortmund. Genius.

I can't wait to read more from you.

I can't wait to read more from you.

If you ever get bored, read through his posts on here. He's not a WUM, but he's provided a lot of hilarity on here.

Type of fan that is willing our current full-backs to have a bad game (even if it's one bad game in 10), so he can say 'I told you so' and I imagine smirk in his casual brilliance.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Is Llorente available for this game?

He was registered for CL squad, he's been training, I suspect he will be used based on game circumstance.

As compared to week-end, one of Son/Dembele to start in place of Sissoko, with the other being a 2nd half sub in, Llorente likely to get some time. The big question is does Poch go big and play Aurier as a starter?

Good solid performance called for, win of any kind would be an enormous boost to our CL chances of getting out of group.

He was registered for CL squad, he's been training, I suspect he will be used based on game circumstance.

As compared to week-end, one of Son/Dembele to start in place of Sissoko, with the other being a 2nd half sub in, Llorente likely to get some time. The big question is does Poch go big and play Aurier as a starter?

Good solid performance called for, win of any kind would be an enormous boost to our CL chances of getting out of group.
I expect both to start if Sissoko is injured and Dele suspended.

Back