• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur LTD vs Southampton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whilst you’ve been away our players have forgotten how to pass, we’ve not completed a single pass of over 2 yards in 6 months.

This group are incapable of 8% possession, let alone 80.

You are right that pace doesn’t matter though, none of the fudgers work hard enough to break into a run anyway.

I bet much of the verve returns straight away now the poison has been extracted

Wonder what former Southampton players they will dig up to have as pundits so they don’t have to put Spurs ones on.
Jamie Redknapp is a former Spurs and Southampton legend and can be trusted to not do us many favours when talking.

Why do you need pace if you're putting out a side capable of giving you 80% possession and territory? The long ball team flirtation period is over

We also won't need to worry about our defence so much either, because we won't spend all game sat in our own box inviting a constant stream of pressure
Every team needs balance, that hasn’t gone out of fashion and never will.

Gonna buy some cans of beer and have a little celebration tonight. Not expecting a world of difference in terms of play, but just knowing we're rid of Mourinho is worth a bit of a spin.

I bet much of the verve returns straight away now the poison has been extracted

Agreed. Think we'll defend a bit higher up, Mason will want us to keep the ball and go at them, rather than play the negative, cowardly stuff which we've done for 17 months. No more sitting back and inviting teams to attack our (weak) CBs!

If we can get a result tonight, despite having Vini up front, THFC could be a much happier place going into the end of the season. I'm not expecting top 4 - just some positive football and hopefully a go at a top 6 spot. I'd rather be in the EL than nothing, and we need those coefficient points for the new CL rule in a couple years' time!!!

Be really interesting to see what the starting lineup is. Wonder if Ryan will want to go for a 'keep ball' or a 'kick and run' style.

Lloris
Aurier Alderweireld Rodon Reguillon
Winks Hojbjerg
Bale Lucas Dele
Son

Be really interesting to see what the starting lineup is. Wonder if Ryan will want to go for a 'keep ball' or a 'kick and run' style.

Lloris
Aurier Alderweireld Rodon Reguillon
Winks Hojbjerg
Bale Lucas Dele
Son

He's said that he wants us to be brave and aggressive - interpret that however you like but its better than cowardly and defensive!

On the team, I was wondering about Bale - they have Bertrand at LB who is very attacking. Not sure we can have Bale RW

He's said that he wants us to be brave and aggressive - interpret that however you like but its better than cowardly and defensive!

On the team, I was wondering about Bale - they have Bertrand at LB who is very attacking. Not sure we can have Bale RW

He also said he wanted us to play like Tottenham, I hope it's not the 90's one.

Would anyone take a restrained performance tonight, with a view to hitting City at the weekend with an explosive performance? Don't really want to be showing our hand tonight do we? At this point in time, Pep does not have a clue what to expect in the final. I'd go full misinformation, Kane won't play and is fudged for City, numerous players limping off tonight etc.

Would anyone take a restrained performance tonight, with a view to hitting City at the weekend with an explosive performance? Don't really want to be showing our hand tonight do we? At this point in time, Pep does not have a clue what to expect in the final. I'd go full misinformation, Kane won't play and is fudged for City, numerous players limping off tonight etc.

I'd be happy with an under-the-radar 1-0, with lots of noticeable very positive togetherness/unshackled body language across the board.

I'm buzzing today. Rid of Mourinho, the ESL gonad*s ain't happening, it's spring. Corona crap hopefully over soon. Life's good. Get in, boys, get a win tonight. :D

It’s a tough one as it would be good to see an instant improvement and I’m sure Mason would love a good start but there has to be an eye on next week which may include players not looking to get injured for the final. It would be a bold move to play a weakened team but hope players try and see it as a chance to get the nod for involvement on Sunday.

I'm buzzing today. Rid of Mourinho, the ESL gonad*s ain't happening, it's spring. Corona crap hopefully over soon. Life's good. Get in, boys, get a win tonight. :D

I'm with you - setting aside the ESL, its great to have a sense of optimism back now that Jose has gone and be able to look to the future again. A win tonight would help build on that!

TEAM NEWS
Tottenham's interim head coach Ryan Mason takes charge of his first game on Wednesday following the sacking of Jose Mourinho on Monday morning.

Harry Kane is not expected to be fit as the club continues to assess his ankle injury ahead of the Carabao Cup final.

Southampton forward Michael Obafemi isn't yet ready to make his comeback from leg surgery.

Injured pair Oriol Romeu and Will Smallbone are sidelined for the remainder of the season.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
  • Spurs could complete a league double against Southampton for the first time since 2017.
  • Son Heung-min scored four goals in the reverse fixture when Tottenham won 5-2 at St Mary's.
  • Southampton have lost 12 of the 17 Premier League meetings since returning to the top flight in 2012.
  • Saints have lost nine of their past 10 away games against Spurs.
Tottenham Hotspur
  • Spurs were top of the Premier League after 12 games but have won only seven of their subsequent 20 league fixtures.
  • Spurs have dropped 18 points from winning positions this season. Only Brighton and Hove Albion have a worse record.
  • Tottenham have let the lead slip in three of their past four Premier League matches (D1 L2).
  • Eleven of their 26 away league goals this season came in their first two matches. Since then, Spurs have only found the net 15 times in 14 away fixtures.
  • Forty one of their 52 Premier League goals this season were scored or assisted by Harry Kane or Son Heung-Min.
  • Spurs have only taken one point from the last five Premier League matches in which Kane did not play.
Southampton
  • Southampton have lost 11 of their past 14 Premier League fixtures.
  • They have the division's worst record in 2021, with 10 points from 15 games. Relegated Sheffield United have earned 12 points in the same period.
  • Ralph Hasenhuttl's side have lost seven of their past eight away matches.
  • Danny Ings has scored five goals in five appearances for Southampton versus Spurs in all competitions.

Sonny up front this evening or Vini?

I don't particularly rate Vini so on reflection I'd go with Sonny. We have enough options for the 3 behind him too - Moura, Bergwijn, Bale, Dele, Lamela

4 mobile forwards, lots of movement, etc. and press them when we dont have the ball

Back