• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - SPURS vs Vitesse

Crazy meant when you look at what players like Ings have gone for

I think he is on par with Ings, but neither are in the ballpark of Kane and Son, it’s not a high priority roster slot.

I’m happy with Scarlett in there, he’ll benefit from the opportunity, the freedom to play proper games with no pressure or expectation will help in the long run.

I think he is on par with Ings, but neither are in the ballpark of Kane and Son, it’s not a high priority roster slot.

I’m happy with Scarlett in there, he’ll benefit from the opportunity, the freedom to play proper games with no pressure or expectation will help in the long run.
Your joking right?
Ings is a 20 goal a season strike when played
Vinny isn’t
I mean has played 1 game for psv
He ain’t setting the world alight

Your joking right?
Ings is a 20 goal a season strike when played
Vinny isn’t
I mean has played 1 game for psv
He ain’t setting the world alight

I don’t rate Ings as high as you, there is a reason he’s never played for a big club.

I’d have taken him as 3rd choice for 10-12m. Would have been a punt though.

I hate pool arguably more than him
But even I would concede there a very big club

d24c6483-4a73-4a51-bd58-33d414eab959_screenshot.jpg

Indeed. For £10M, maybe even £15M, I'd have been happy to have him. But even allowing for striker premium, Vinicius wasn't a £30M+ player.

I suspect that even at £30m Vinicius might’ve proved to be better value for money than Soldado, Jansen or Bent turned out to be.

Something closer to the £14m we paid for Llorente seems a fairer price though.

I suspect that even at £30m Vinicius might’ve proved to be better value for money than Soldado, Jansen or Bent turned out to be.

Something closer to the £14m we paid for Llorente seems a fairer price though.
Vinny is a £10m player who could be a £30m player
Hence why they did that deal
They were hoping (like we were) the he would step up and progress
He did ok
There’s a reason he went on loan again and isn’t getting games at PSV

Definitely a glass-half-empty perspective. We could have easily bought a striker who also wasn't scoring in games like this. it is not like Scarlett missed any gilt-edged chances! He's a better finisher than many of our backup strikers of recent years! To give it the 'Levy is ruining young players careers' is a little desperate. Unlike you, the club have faith in Scarlett. They know he is a good player, worthy of pulling on the shirt. These experiences will help him to improve and I'm pleased we are putting faith in talented young players. Never easy playing in a disjointed new side, but he has done well nevertheless.

Agreed. If Scarlett isn't able to take positives from the trust he's being shown and learn from these experiences there would be reasons for concern. But we simply don't know how he's reacting to playing these games. I'd like to assume he's strong enough mentally to take positives from this and learn from the experiences.

These experiences will help him to improve
I'm not sure how being repeatedly shoved to the floor by a strong centre-back will help him at all in the short run.
It is utterly ludicrous that we are in this position - I am generally a supporter of the Chairman but getting rid of Vinicius without getting another in his mold is completely and utterly irresponsible, however badly Covid damaged our finances.

Any reason to think it's the chairman? We brought in a new DoF and a new head coach. Financially we weren't in a better situation last season and we brought in Vinicius when Mourinho wanted a player like that. When we were linked with players towards the end of the window it wasn't with a backup striker.

Seems more likely that it was a decision made by Paratici and Nuno more than by Levy.

Seems more likely that it was a decision made by Paratici and Nuno more than by Levy.
I'm guessing that they spend the money but the Chairman decides how much cash they get to spend. It comes back to Finney's point that at times owners should dip into their own pockets. No-one expects Spurs to have a magic money tree, but not to have a back-up for Kane is thoroughly irresponsible in my view. It highlights the gulf, the disconnect between Spurs' pretensions, seen in our stadium and training pitch, the black and white pictures of the "glory-glory" teams, and the reality of the current spending on players.

I'm guessing that they spend the money but the Chairman decides how much cash they get to spend. It comes back to Finney's point that at times owners should dip into their own pockets. No-one expects Spurs to have a magic money tree, but not to have a back-up for Kane is thoroughly irresponsible in my view. It highlights the gulf, the disconnect between Spurs' pretensions, seen in our stadium and training pitch, the black and white pictures of the "glory-glory" teams, and the reality of the current spending on players.

Seemed by fairly credible links to the likes of Traore that we could have spent more of the right deal could be found and that there wasn't a plan to spend it on another backup striker. Would be surprised if that was down to Levy, he sanctioned a deal for Vinicius with Mourinho why wouldn't he with Paratici and Nuno?

We have a backup for Kane. Son. If Kane is unavailable tomorrow it's not going to be Scarlett starting. I'm guessing Moura too is ahead of Scarlett for a PL start up front.

It's a perfectly reasonable decision imo. A backup target man would be good, but a lot of new signings would have been good. It's a question of priorities. Vinicius was useful in the EL last season, but had little to no impact in the league and was behind Son in the striker pecking order.

We have a backup for Kane. Son.
Not really. We need someone who can mix it with burly centre backs and hold the ball up - surely it isn't fair to Scarlett or indeed the other players in our second 11, for him to be playing at this level?

Definitely a glass-half-empty perspective. We could have easily bought a striker who also wasn't scoring in games like this. it is not like Scarlett missed any gilt-edged chances! He's a better finisher than many of our backup strikers of recent years! To give it the 'Levy is ruining young players careers' is a little desperate. Unlike you, the club have faith in Scarlett. They know he is a good player, worthy of pulling on the shirt. These experiences will help him to improve and I'm pleased we are putting faith in talented young players. Never easy playing in a disjointed new side, but he has done well nevertheless.
I didn’t mention Levy at all in my post, I know that we are skint and cutting the wage bill but our DoF still should’ve been able to land a loan deal. The fact that you have put in that sentence about Levy probably indicates how you feel yourself.

How do you know Scarlett is a better finisher than many of our backup strikers over the years? He hasn’t yet scored a goal in men’s football has he?

These experiences might improve him, they also might ruin his confidence. It is abundantly clear though that he isn’t yet ready and should be playing age group football (though admittedly above his actual age) or perhaps on loan at 3rd/4th level football (though I think he might even still be too young for that).

I have lots of faith in Scarlett, he is a great prospect, that is I want him nurtured properly and not thrown in well above his level.

I know you take any criticism of Spurs as a personal attack on your hero Levy but do you seriously think that having him as our first backup striker is good squad planning mate?

Back