• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v West Ham

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Still wouldn’t top Diesel’s ‘Oh no!’goal...

I've just realised that a late late counterattacking winner is as good as it gets.

Other late goals might be a corner or a scramble or from a cross and they're great BUT to see the potential of a winner unfold over 10secs or so is so damn enthralling as the team streak down the pitch and bury the final nail in the coffin.

Some games you will never forget where you were and what it felt like ... this one in particular was just one of those games ... to knock the stuffing out of them was excellent and curbishleys reactions along with West Hams team was priceless ... especially Zomora who actually thought he had one to get over us ...

I digress but my favourite Zomora story ... My mum used to work as a teacher in Newham where Zomoras mum was a dinner lady ... they went to the bookies together after school one day ..
Zomoras mum " Ill have a tenner on Zomora scoring the winner"
Patronising clerk feeling sorry for the old lady "Dont do that love hes rubbish and will never do that".

I've just realised that a late late counterattacking winner is as good as it gets.

Other late goals might be a corner or a scramble or from a cross and they're great BUT to see the potential of a winner unfold over 10secs or so is so damn enthralling as the team streak down the pitch and bury the final nail in the coffin.
Considering Berbs free kick felt like a last minute equaliser, to then have that nervous feeling of them having one more attack, the counter, Defoe seemingly missing and then Diesel if all people following it up was just something else. And it was against West Ham at their place, making our euphoria increased by it being at the opposite end of the spectrum of their despair.

I was wondering whether we might see a league team and a cup team until the new year. We have the players to have two teams playing the same system now. I doubt that he'll do it but it might make it easier for players coming into the first team covering injuries and suspensions.

I don't think we'll quite see two teams. Injuries and particular needs for specific games will make it difficult. I'd also think that having "two teams" would make things seem less competitive within the group.

That being said I think quite heavy rotation between EL and PL, with some players featuring a lot more in one competition rather than the other sounds very likely.

I think no fans in derbies is a bit of a leveller. Not saying we need one but they clearly always want to beat us more than we want to beat them and the lack of fans takes away some of that edge. They come to us on the back of two great results but as long as we turn up we should be fine.

I think no fans in derbies is a bit of a leveller. Not saying we need one but they clearly always want to beat us more than we want to beat them and the lack of fans takes away some of that edge. They come to us on the back of two great results but as long as we turn up we should be fine.
Are you forgetting they've got superfan Mark Noble?

Easily done, one of the most forgettable players the PL has ever seen.

I do agree, I thought the last time we played them, they were pretty flat (vs. how wound up they usually are for us)

Most of that side are there for the paycheck, and they know with the fans, it's turn up for their cup finals and they get a pass the rest of the season ..

Other good news for us is Moyes is back on the touchline (their two good performance coincided with him not being on training ground or pitch side at game)

Back