• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Spurs v Spammers***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pirate55

The Last Man Standing 17/18
ok boys this is it. United might have been deserving of special tactics due to their speed merchants and predeliction for counter attack football. I get why JM chose to play deep and not allow any room in behind. However, we now need to return to the new " normal" especially with Dele and Moura now available. Spammers game is a must win for us . No excuses. Kane mustn't treat June as the new August. NDombele must start.

Where: Our gaff
When Tuesday 23rd
Result: 2-3 for us ( check the date)
Importance: Let's do it for @Yermiyahu

Team:
..... ....... Lloris
Aurier.......Sanchez......Toby.........Sess

.............Sissoko......Lo Celso.........

....................N Dembele...............

Bergy..................Kane.............Dele

Subs to be used without fail: Moura, Winks, Son and Lamela

Win 3-2

Custard, Badgers and Tom Jones.

COYS

Last edited:
Second game back, not quite firing, Kane wildly off form, I can’t see us winning by more than nine or ten.

----------------------------Lloris-------------------------------

----Aurier*--------Dier-----------Sanchez--------Davies-----

--------------------Sissoko**----------GLC-----------------------

--------Son------------------Dele-----------------Bergwijn----

------------------------------Kane--------------------------------

* I would play Foyth, but no chance Jose will pick him
** or young Skippy. I dont think you can play Winks, Ndombele or Gedson alongside GLC

Last edited:
----------------------------Lloris-------------------------------

----Aurier*--------Dier-----------Sanchez--------Davies-----

--------------------Sissoko**----------GLC-----------------------

--------Son------------------Dele-----------------Bergwijn----

------------------------------Kane--------------------------------

* I would play Foyth, but no chance Jose will pick him
** or young Skippy. I dont think you can play Winks, Ndombele or Gedson alongside GLC

Foyth is injured

Not an easy team selection. Ideally you keep consistency and play most of the same team. Say swap Lamela for Le Celco. But then Alli probably deserves a start. We need Ndombele playing games, not stagnating.

I think switching Lamela for LeCelco in the starting 11, then bring on Alli and Ndombele after an hour if suitable.

Not an easy team selection. Ideally you keep consistency and play most of the same team. Say swap Lamela for Le Celco. But then Alli probably deserves a start. We need Ndombele playing games, not stagnating.

I think switching Lamela for LeCelco in the starting 11, then bring on Alli and Ndombele after an hour if suitable.

I prefer Lo Celso playing at the base of midfield. If Lamela Is getting dropped for anyone, it's Dele, but i thought that he had a good game yesterday.

I wonder if it takes long for players to recover following a spell of not playing and as such not being at full match fitness. Plenty of time to recover after the Wet Spam game but I think we're still at a place where if we lose Kane or Sissoko long for a spell again it's going to have a big impact on our options and ability to implement game plans.

One thing that concerned me a little (and did with Poch many a time) is how leaving Kane on for the full 90 just wasn't productive once he was running on fumes. It's always an easy thing to throw at the manager once the dust has settled but taking Stevie off early doors and having Kane on for the duration was odd. Lucas getting injured had a big impact and whilst we can point at Dele being out, I don't think he'd have scared united much due to a lack of pace in their final third. Was there any word on how long Lucas is out for?

Wolves did have to work hard to get the win today in my opinion, and that was with an evident gulf in class between the two teams. We know they'll raise their game against us so as much as we all want to think otherwise, I don't think it'll be easy.

Personally I'd wanna see Son running in behind as much as possible but either an N'dombele or Lo Celso who has a chance of picking him out rather than Lamela.

Why wouldn’t you play Lamela, he was on another level of fitness against Utd. Good problems to have squad wise, with Alli coming back on the bench I’d guess.

Genuine question, anyone else considered putting Lamela at DM? For me he doesn’t do enough offensively to justify starting in attack but he seems to be a genius at not getting sent off, likes a tackle, comfortable on the ball in tight situations, good passer (when he releases it early and doesn’t hold on to it for too long) etc.

Back