• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Manure***

I'm so fudging sick and tired of these utterly pathetic bunch of pussies that only show up every other game. Then they spout the brick about "we just have to learn from it and go again".

How fudging long does it take them to learn?? It's the same every fudging time! We level the score and just have to keep cool and get to half time, but the fudging wasters are so happy with themselves after scoring and think they can relax, and we concede again within minutes. How many times has that happened?? It's ridiculous.
I'm so fudging fed up with this team of muppets!!

Rubbish, almost every goal we have conceded has come from the exact same place, the left hand side 30 yards from goal.
Theres a huge hole where peh and son are not doing their jobs.
Look at Doherty and kulu on the other, working as a pair, supporting each other and Bentancur.
Son has been a disgrace, he has left sess in particular terribly exposed.
Most of our goals have involved Doherty.
We conceded a corner goal, a 25m central strike, plus a 6m central tap in, that came from our RWB position. What are you talking about?
Put a £10m price tag on Doherty and no one will pay that, case closed.

I'm so fudging sick and tired of these utterly pathetic bunch of pussies that only show up every other game. Then they spout the brick about "we just have to learn from it and go again".

How fudging long does it take them to learn?? It's the same every fudging time! We level the score and just have to keep cool and get to half time, but the fudging wasters are so happy with themselves after scoring and think they can relax, and we concede again within minutes. How many times has that happened?? It's ridiculous.
3 or 4 below average players and the whole side changes. Premier League is now the high end of football. Bellow average doesnt cut it. When your first 11 has players that other teams wont spend 10m on, you are a midfield team.

Son hasn't been huge for us for a while, he's been poor to average for most of this year.

I don't think anyone would've sold Doherty to get Traore. Read the transfer thread to see the general opinion on Traore.
Doherty was brick în the first half of the season. Royal's reserve and a laughing stock when he came in. Elsewhere, on other forums, people were dying to get rid of him for the smallest amount, I still am. Now I don't think Adama was the best solution, but I can see why they wanted to drop Doherty so bad.

Sorry don’t agree with that at all. You want someone tight to Ronaldo not giving him all the time in the world to control the ball and pick his spot. I like Dier but that was really poor defending.
I agree with you Dave..we have to defend tighter.Yahnited doubled their defence making it harder for us to penetrate!!

To me first half he was always getting the ball in the middle third of the width (if that makes sense)
When he did stay wide he did great work
Dier, Davies and Kane were pinging some great long balls out to Kulu precisely because he was in so much space out wide. For sure, once he got on the ball he had a tendency to come inside, but that was when he did some great stuff with it too. Enabled him to put in some really clever short crosses, for example.

He is so intelligent on the ball, approaching Eriksen levels. Hard to shake off too. Turning out to be a really important addition to the squad.

Last edited:
United created very little other than their goals. One more chance from Ronaldo other than that Lloris had a couple of comfortable saves the way I saw it.

Unfortunately when we switched off they really punished us, but in no way was that a three goals against type performance.

Those moments when we switched off though, not good enough.

Going forward we were OK I thought, behind for so much of the game and those conditions don't allow us to play to our strengths. But we got into decent areas, looked fairly threatening.

Unfortunately it's more points needlessly dropped, making it really difficult to achieve our aims for the season.

Dejecting and frustrating way to lose, was definitely a game we could have won. We seem to keep finding new ways to lose.

Romero is an absolute liability defending set pieces…. I think the manager is going to have to play some sort of zonal system where Romero had no responsibility to pick up a player as he loses them on about 1 in every 2 or 3 occasions. Even early on against Leeds he did the same early on and we should’ve been one down.
I think it’s just something on his nature
Short fuse short concentration span
Shame as the rest of his game is so good

Agree wholeheartedly with this. Keane said it afterwards, and he was right, if we had got ahead, United would have folded. Yet the two times we got back into the game, we handed them back the initiative almost right away to take away any chance of us getting ahead.

And besides Sonny's chance second half, did we create many chances? Can't remember DDG making too many saves. My feel throughout the game was that we played well aside from lapses but looking back on it, did we really?

Agree wholeheartedly with this. Keane said it afterwards, and he was right, if we had got ahead, United would have folded. Yet the two times we got back into the game, we handed them back the initiative almost right away to take away any chance of us getting ahead.

And besides Sonny's chance second half, did we create many chances? Can't remember DDG making too many saves. My feel throughout the game was that we played well aside from lapses but looking back on it, did we really?
The chances were there is we did the right things better
They were back pedalling and we would add another touch or pass in
very Frustrating

We never replaced Walker and like that old lady în Titanic said, its been 84 years. We never replaced Eriksen, we never replaced Moussa, we never replaced Bale or Luka. First of all you are assuming we will pay €42m on the next LWB that we buy. That is a rookie mistake, you obviously temporarily forgot the bald man that will offer Onomah+3 mil. If Reggie leaves, LWB will be another money draining hole that we will try to plug every year, like we are doing at RWB. Seasons lost, one after the another, while we play roullette with our signings and lose more often that not. Seasons that will age Son and Kane and wil bring to us other bigger holes to plug with average players. We let Walker go for 50m and have spent double that with no resolve.

As I said at the time (and have continued to say since) selling walker was a monumental error. He was tapped up by pep and they used the ploy of him telling poch mid season he wanted to leave. Poch should have doubled down and told him he’s not leaving under any circumstances. Instead he fell for it hook, line and sinker by taking it personally and wanting him out.

As someone else said his physical attributes make him the player he is and he is a monster of a rb/rwb for it. Well into his thirties now and still going strong, whilst we have spent well over what we got from him on imposters like aurier and emerson to name just two.

Modric was also sold on the cheap at £33m. I know prices have inflated massively since he left us, but even back then it should have been around £55m. To think the little genius is still producing the goods week in week out at 36 is mind boggling!

We conceded a corner goal, a 25m central strike, plus a 6m central tap in, that came from our RWB position. What are you talking about?
Put a £10m price tag on Doherty and no one will pay that, case closed.

First off i said most of our goals.
Secondly, the first goal may have been scored from the centre, but the error was made there, the error was peh standing neither pressing the possessor of the ball or marking Ronaldo. The ball was passed by him, and even then he could have turned and pressed Ronaldo, instead he just stood there and admired the shot.
Yes the third came from a corner, and this migbt seem a bit pedantic, but the corner itself came the same area, Ronaldo ran past peh, could have tapped him on the shoulder, and shot from a pass on the left.
Our left hand side is a joke.
Compare how kulu Doherty and Bentancur work together to attack and defend.
Son and peh are nowhere near that, and considering two out of the three on the other side are new and peh and son have been here for a while that is ridiculous.

Never at any time did i think we were doing better than ok. On another day that's a boring 0-0.
It was as bad a 3-2 as I've ever seen.

As I said at the time (and have continued to say since) selling walker was a monumental error. He was tapped up by pep and they used the ploy of him telling poch mid season he wanted to leave. Poch should have doubled down and told him he’s not leaving under any circumstances. Instead he fell for it hook, line and sinker by taking it personally and wanting him out.

As someone else said his physical attributes make him the player he is and he is a monster of a rb/rwb for it. Well into his thirties now and still going strong, whilst we have spent well over what we got from him on imposters like aurier and emerson to name just two.

Modric was also sold on the cheap at £33m. I know prices have inflated massively since he left us, but even back then it should have been around £55m. To think the little genius is still producing the goods week in week out at 36 is mind boggling!

There's no point in keeping players who don't want to be here. Look at Eriksen and Kane.
Modric is an exceptional player, not just in skill set but mentality. He has pride in his work and himself, he is a winner.

There's no point in keeping players who don't want to be here. Look at Eriksen and Kane.
Modric is an exceptional player, not just in skill set but mentality. He has pride in his work and himself, he is a winner.

I disagree and also think Kane is an example of what can happen if the club dig their heels in and say you are not going - the player eventually gives in and performs again.

All about opinions but mine is they dont get sold no matter what.

I didn’t watch the game, nor have I seen any highlights nor read any match reports as yet. I have skimmed this OMT from around their second goal. What I have learned is :
1) We were awful/embarrassing/weak mental-ity/dr Tottenham giving out free prescriptions; and
2) We played Ok, some decent performances but defensive errors let us down.
:confused:
Oh - and Son needs new boots/ to be dropped.

United created very little other than their goals. One more chance from Ronaldo other than that Lloris had a couple of comfortable saves the way I saw it.

Unfortunately when we switched off they really punished us, but in no way was that a three goals against type performance.

Those moments when we switched off though, not good enough.

Going forward we were OK I thought, behind for so much of the game and those conditions don't allow us to play to our strengths. But we got into decent areas, looked fairly threatening.

Unfortunately it's more points needlessly dropped, making it really difficult to achieve our aims for the season.

Dejecting and frustrating way to lose, was definitely a game we could have won. We seem to keep finding new ways to lose.

Good post and I generally agree. We were comfortably the better team in teh first half I thought, and also the better team in the second half, though the second half was low quality.

I thought we moved the ball better in the first half than I'd seen for a while, though we lacked creativity in midfield or support for the attack from midfield. Even despite that, we created enough decent chances in the game and more than them

As a result, I dont think we deserved to lose. Losing yesterday though wont be the reason we don't finish 4th, its the other dropped points in the various other games

Back