• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

That first tackle is having been 2 - 0 up and Skipp is making crucial tackles with the game at 3 - 1 with Norwich down to ten men. Lovely to see.

The guy seems like someone who reacts well to adversity, we don’t want to get completely carried away but the loan move is working out for all involved and I reckon is reasonable to have hopes for him in our first team for a while to come.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I was impressed the first time I saw Skipp, he showed a maturity and confidence far beyond his age and want responsibility. In one of his early games in the U23s he was the youngest player in the team yet looked like he was captain.

I have high hope's for him and this move looks good for him. The tackle in the box looked good because he got the ball but I think it was rash, he had cover and tackled with the wrong foot, it could have been a penalty if it's just out by a second.

I was impressed the first time I saw Skipp, he showed a maturity and confidence far beyond his age and want responsibility. In one of his early games in the U23s he was the youngest player in the team yet looked like he was captain.

I have high hope's for him and this move looks good for him. The tackle in the box looked good because he got the ball but I think it was rash, he had cover and tackled with the wrong foot, it could have been a penalty if it's just out by a second.

But, when analysing so very many things of quality, you can make the same argument by saying that "if it hadn't been done as well then it wouldn't have been so good/it would have been a mistake"
And was it really his wrong foot? He went with the foot/leg closest to the ball rather than having to sweep across more with his left, which could be a little slower and so more likely to result in the attacker allowing contact to be made with himself first.

Toby used his nearest foot to the ball to tackle. He used his left foot so must be the right technic

https://images.app.goo.gl/q1ydfy85bxNDzuLB8

What ever foot he used I dont think he should have gone to ground in the box when there was a player covering him and the player with the ball wasnt a direct threat on goal, it's the sort of tackle when made by Walker or Aurier is called a brainfart but as hes flavor of the month it's ok.

Come back next season to challenge Hojbjerg for his spot? Plus be backup to him. Most like for like player we currently own that can do the job in a similar manner?

What ever foot he used I dont think he should have gone to ground in the box when there was a player covering him and the player with the ball wasnt a direct threat on goal, it's the sort of tackle when made by Walker or Aurier is called a brainfart but as hes flavor of the month it's ok.

I get your point to a certain degree but realistically you gotta acknowledge if anything, he is flavour of the season at Norwich so far. We all understand the perils of over-rating our youngsters but it seems like you're doing Skipp a slight disservice imo but no shots fired from me sir! ;)

I get your point to a certain degree but realistically you gotta acknowledge if anything, he is flavour of the season at Norwich so far. We all understand the perils of over-rating our youngsters but it seems like you're doing Skipp a slight disservice imo but no shots fired from me sir! ;)

He's there to learn and any errors he makes as long as he takes them onboard will help him develop. I'm a great fan and have always thought he had more chance of making it than Edward's who has far more natural talent.

He's there to learn and any errors he makes as long as he takes them onboard will help him develop. I'm a great fan and have always thought he had more chance of making it than Edward's who has far more natural talent.

It doesn't come across as you're criticising an excellent tackle and calling him flavour of the month my friend...

It doesn't come across as you're criticising an excellent tackle and calling him flavour of the month my friend...

I am criticising the situation the tackle was made in, I thought it was rash, I had to explain this to my kids, when I told them they were doing wrong it didnt mean I dont love them, in fact I was telling them because I do and care about them.

Joint top of table, Skipp plays pretty much every minute of every game and the fans love him.
Best loan ever!

I've always been jealous when we play some lower Prem (or even Championship) team and their best player turns out to be on loan from Chelsea/Liverpool/ManU. Puts some perspective on to our youth development.

Good to see Skippy rising to the challenge and properly manning up. He'll be back in lilywhite one of these days :)

Back