• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

Can one just dive into GTA 5 or should one cut their teeth on earlier (and cheaper) versions of the game?

the only help other games would give you is a sense of knowing where to look and what to do next...

there is no contiued story, maybe a few in jokes but thats it....

first impressions an hour in is that it could be brilliant but I have not completed the standard tutorial missions yet!

worth a go if you have some time and an imagination to do what you want and however you want to

the question is - do i pop down to asda/tesco to buy it today and send back the late arriving copy :lol:

I would have done, its not good IMO that they promise on day of release then not arrive on day of release. Check terms to make sure though.

This is killing me.

I'm desperate to sit down and play GTA for a good few hours, but with an 18 month old baby and the mother in law staying (and only one tv) it's impossible! I'm managing to grab maybe 30 mins after they go to bed and that's it.

ARGH!

Thankfully I have Diablo three and splinter cell to tide me over until by pre ordered GTA arrives... It's still a tough wait!

This is killing me.

I'm desperate to sit down and play GTA for a good few hours, but with an 18 month old baby and the mother in law staying (and only one tv) it's impossible! I'm managing to grab maybe 30 mins after they go to bed and that's it.

ARGH!

i know the feeling, I have a 4 month old, not even bothered buying it yet

my initial reactions (4/5 missions in) is that it is more of the same but the boat missions was good fun!

but the world looks and feels so immersive which is a big step up from GTA4

the only help other games would give you is a sense of knowing where to look and what to do next...

there is no contiued story, maybe a few in jokes but thats it....

first impressions an hour in is that it could be brilliant but I have not completed the standard tutorial missions yet!

worth a go if you have some time and an imagination to do what you want and however you want to

Cheers. Hmm.... I'm tempted even though I have feck all time to be playing it.

This is killing me.

ARGH!

Send them both out for the night or most likely time the kid sleeps straight through, there is a decent chick flick on the cinema at the moment, I think same guy that did four weddings, Richard Curtis called About time. Or if you have a Cineworld for tonight they are doing a special on Les Mis two for a tenner and you get a drink and popcorn each also. Then maybe suggest they get a bite to eat as your lady has deserved a night out. Make her feel like she needs a night out. Then when the coast is clear, order in the pizza and 4-5 hrs straight of gaming. Yes I have experience.

Wow, I didn't realise that I was in for a half hour treat of watching concept art before I can even start playing!!

I thought it was advisable not to install, due to glitches, so why the install disc and no option whether to install or not?

Is this Xbox version?

According to Digital Foundry, you're meant to install the install disc, and not the game disc, because it then reads from both locations at the same time, which it can't if both parts are installed on the HDD (so you get graphics glitches).

Is this Xbox version?

According to Digital Foundry, you're meant to install the install disc, and not the game disc, because it then reads from both locations at the same time, which it can't if both parts are installed on the HDD (so you get graphics glitches).

Ah, yeah. I installed the install disc. Just played the first mission, early days and yet to explore real freedom. The graphics are better, even if I don't like the way people move in the cut scenes, not always realistic

I'm probably a little underwhelmed with it so far, but I've not really got started on the missions, so too early to make any judgement. First few are standard GTA fare (drive here, do this, get away), but judging by the planning stage of the first heist they'll offer something a bit different. The hype probably got to me a bit.

Tend to waste loads of time not really doing anything, I guess that's the point of it but there's not a lot to be gained by trying to drive round the island on a jetski, or watching the Loneliest Robot in Great Britain at the cinema.

Back