• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

I’ve not seen much of the leak, and don’t want to spoil the fun, but VI looks amazing and I’m excited it’s Vice City again.

I’ve not seen much of the leak, and don’t want to spoil the fun, but VI looks amazing and I’m excited it’s Vice City again.

Yeh going to be a massive game, talk is that they dropped any idea of a RDR3 and dropped RDR2 updates to focus on this, going to be mamouth.

The Last of Us 1 remake is fantastic BTW for anyone who was a fan of either. Its absolutely class.

For the majority of games yes! Certainly for the majority of games up to and including 2019. For more recent and technically demanding games you’re likely to have to fiddle about with the settings a bit, although deck verified games do come with pre set settings that represent optimal use.

For the absolute bleeding edge games Medium or low is more likely but this still tends to look good on a small screen.

There’ll come a point in the next year or two where it can’t keep up with the bleeding edge but there’s access to decades worth of pc games and it is a console emulation beast.

if you’re a bonafide games nerd I’d deffo get one, if you’re more of a casual gamer do your research before you purchase!

For the majority of games yes! Certainly for the majority of games up to and including 2019. For more recent and technically demanding games you’re likely to have to fiddle about with the settings a bit, although deck verified games do come with pre set settings that represent optimal use.

For the absolute bleeding edge games Medium or low is more likely but this still tends to look good on a small screen.

There’ll come a point in the next year or two where it can’t keep up with the bleeding edge but there’s access to decades worth of pc games and it is a console emulation beast.

if you’re a bonafide games nerd I’d deffo get one, if you’re more of a casual gamer do your research before you purchase!

Cheers mate

I want one primarily to play RDR2 and the likes on the go

Cheers mate

I want one primarily to play RDR2 and the likes on the go
No worries! I haven’t got rdr2 but have seen A few vids on YouTube which indicate it runs very well on deck. I think there were some performance issues originally but these have been fixed with patches and updates to the steam deck operating system

Does everything on Steam run on these (at the moment), to some degree, or is some of it incompatible?

Presume it's not upgradeable in the future?

Does everything on Steam run on these (at the moment), to some degree, or is some of it incompatible?

You have to tinker with frame rates etc from what I have seen, like Crabby said some come green ticked and therefore ready compatible. On upgrades I imagine to a level there are some but not major major ones for a handheld

There are some sites that have a grading system and are going through the Steam library to give people that info: https://www.protondb.com/, some games are platinum/gold etc, some don't run as well but as mentioned above, can be tweaked to play better. VALVE have given developers the devkit to go and make their games more compatible and to make future games with the Deck in mind, so in theory it should only get better.

I really want one but can't justify it at the moment, reckon in a few years there will likely be a new version of it, plus the docking station and other bits and bobs will be available, so it's only going to become a better gaming PC option.

Back