• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Money - Do we have it?

Because they're idiots or have an agenda to promote. Everyone knows that the Manager at Spurs doesn't deal with the financial side of contracts. That's all Levy.

Equally, I'm sure Redknapp has an amount of money that can be spent. Whether that's spent on small transfer fees with large sign-ons/wages or large transfer fees with smaller wages is probably (at least in part) at his discretion. There's no other way a manager could list targets.

Redknapp has a fairly established reputation for getting players in with little or no up front transfer fee, the thing he's not so keen on boasting about is the large wage bills he leaves clubs with. Is it a coincidence that all chairmen lose their senses and start paying high wages for players with no sell-on value when Redknapp's at their clubs or do you think it's possible that Redknapp has at least some kind of influence over these things?

Equally, I'm sure Redknapp has an amount of money that can be spent. Whether that's spent on small transfer fees with large sign-ons/wages or large transfer fees with smaller wages is probably (at least in part) at his discretion. There's no other way a manager could list targets.

Redknapp has a fairly established reputation for getting players in with little or no up front transfer fee, the thing he's not so keen on boasting about is the large wage bills he leaves clubs with. Is it a coincidence that all chairmen lose their senses and start paying high wages for players with no sell-on value when Redknapp's at their clubs or do you think it's possible that Redknapp has at least some kind of influence over these things?

Apparently Levy deals with ALL transfer transactions. Doesn't matter whether it's a 16 year old from Wrexham or a ?ú40m star from Inter. Levy also deals with all contract terms and wages.

Redknapp, like the managers before him, will identify targets to the Board (DoF) and then it's up to Levy to either say that's unrealistic and reject, or try their hardest to get the player. From what I've read, we've been in for a lot of realistic targets but failed to get them.

Scara the majority of Redknapps purchases have been loans (Nielsen, Saha, Ade) and a player who was shortlisted in the PFA player of the year and a keeper who everyone think has done a great job. So I doubt he has left us with a high wage bill (and yes I know our wage bill has gone up but that could be due to a number of reasons)

Scara the majority of Redknapps purchases have been loans (Nielsen, Saha, Ade) and a player who was shortlisted in the PFA player of the year and a keeper who everyone think has done a great job. So I doubt he has left us with a high wage bill (and yes I know our wage bill has gone up but that could be due to a number of reasons)

I don't rate Walker, but no doubt now he is young PFA Player of the Year he will be rewarded with a bonus by the club and he will have significant leverage to get a pay increase. Damn Redknapp for that!

Apparently Levy deals with ALL transfer transactions. Doesn't matter whether it's a 16 year old from Wrexham or a ?ú40m star from Inter. Levy also deals with all contract terms and wages.

Redknapp, like the managers before him, will identify targets to the Board (DoF) and then it's up to Levy to either say that's unrealistic and reject, or try their hardest to get the player. From what I've read, we've been in for a lot of realistic targets but failed to get them.

Doesn't change the fact that we have a budget to work within and that between the manager and chairman we can choose how much of that budget is spent on wages and how much is spent on transfer fees. Harry has seemed happier to spend more on wages compared to transfer fees compared to our previous management and Levy.

Why do people talk as if they know what money there is to spend? Im pretty sure non of you on here are Levy's financial adviser's.

Unless there are figures and proof then this thread is really irrelevant IMO.

OK, let me try this another way as we can only go on conjecture and what we've read in the press/heard from statements.

Going on what you know of Levy and how he works in the transfer market, would he under any normal circumstances have gone for Nelsen or Parker in the summer?

Every logical part of my brain (having based my opinion on just about everything Levy's done at Spurs) tells me there's no way he would do that - no sell-on value, relatively high wages, etc - so clearly Harry must have some kind of control over transfers. If a player demands X then in anything other than a very rare situation, he won't drop his demands in order to play for Spurs.

Levy has the final say and can/should put the block on some transfers so in that sense he's clearly failed to keep Harry under control, but there's clearly more influencing the decisions than just Levy unless he's had a stroke and woken up extremely profligate with money and hating the idea of players that may increase in value.

But that was down mainly to player bonus payouts. I still would like evidence regarding the actual basic wage as having increased. I fully am aware that a lot of players have received improved deals since being at the club that would have rocketed wages to an extent (specifically Bale quadrupling his wage, as well as Sandro, Walker also having massive increases).

Evidence of player bonuses please.

Bale quadrupling his wage? When? Documented evidence?

Thought not.

I've yet to see ONE fudging thing you will budge on in terms of one shred of criticism of Harry!

Browsing the web it's easy to find. All of them had significant improved deals. I read somewhere that Walker went from ?ú10K a week to ?ú50K (which means he was probably actually on about ?ú8K and went up to ?ú35K!) for example.

From Goal.com or some other gonad*s no doubt.

Evidence of player bonuses please.

Bale quadrupling his wage? When? Documented evidence?

Thought not.

I've yet to see ONE fudging thing you will budge on in terms of one shred of criticism of Harry!

I have this evidence. (A photocopy)

I was also in a restaurant with Bale's agent when it was agreed.

I also have some texts. Very clear evidence.

But I can't share it.

Look at our financial figures for the past year - our wage totals have doubled under Redknapp

We currently do not really know the true impact that Redknapp's squad have had on our wage bill. The only figures we currently have are those from 2010 - 2011 and these were skewed by the fact that we were in the Champions League and our squad received very large bonuses for achieving this.

This year's accounts will give a better indication of our standard wage bill.

We currently do not really know the true impact that Redknapp's squad have had on our wage bill. The only figures we currently have are those from 2010 - 2011 and these were skewed by the fact that we were in the Champions League and our squad received very large bonuses for achieving this.

I also dont know how our wage bills have increased due to Harry. I mean he got rid of players (as per his brief from Levy and the Board) and had to bring in players (otherwise the squad would have been tiny) to replace them (especially loan signings as a consequence of us not getting anyone permanent in) so not sure how Harry could get the blame in any way shape or form.

You wont be able to get this years account given that we've been taken private (unless we end up being owned by a UK incorporated company, which I doubt, and file accounts at companies house, in which case you will be able to see a small amount of the detail)

We clearly have money, for instance Levy met Mata's release clause last year which was over 20m I think. We also bid around 20m for Remy and could have signed Suarez so presumeably the money was there for that.

The theme with all these transfers is that they are young players with good resell value, until Redknapp agrees to sign these sorts of players then I'm afraid the existing policy of short termism will continue.

Exactly - you always hear quotes from Harry that he 'didn't fancy a player' not sure etc.

We all see all of these players, Aguero, Falcao, Remy, Suarez etc and Harry doesn't seem to fancy any of them!!

Nah...get in Nelson and Saha on a free....'good lads to have about the place' :)

Exactly - you always hear quotes from Harry that he 'didn't fancy a player' not sure etc.

We all see all of these players, Aguero, Falcao, Remy, Suarez etc and Harry doesn't seem to fancy any of them!!

Nah...get in Nelson and Saha on a free....'good lads to have about the place' :)

Can you provide evidence that Redknapp didn't fancy Aguero or Remy? I was under the impression we bid for them?

I thought as much, thanks for clarifying.

I would slit my eyelids if we ever signed Suarez. I would have to consider becoming an Orient fan or something.

Back